Archive for the ‘Civic Center’ Category
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Article source: RMJM
The Falkirk Wheel is the world’s first rotating boat lift designed to connect the Union Canal with the Forth and Clyde Canal 25 metres below and forms part of the Millennium Link Project – a £74 million investment to link the west and east coasts of Scotland with an inland waterway.
FALKIRK WHEEL, Image Courtesy © RMJM
- Architects: RMJM
- Project: The Falkirk Wheel & Visitor Centre
- Location: Scotland
Wednesday, October 12th, 2016
Article source: Carlos Arroyo Arquitectos
OostCampus is the seat of civic, administrative and social services of an area in the heart of the countryside around Bruges (Brugse Ommeland), a beautiful landscape outlined by rows of trees and canals, punctuated by residential castles built along the centuries by wealthy merchants from the neighbouring Flemish town, and enriched with discrete industrial parks with high end technology companies like Siemens, Tyco, Entropia Digital, or EADS.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán
- Architects: Carlos Arroyo Arquitectos
- Project: OostCampus
- Location: Oostkamp, Belgium
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán
- Client: Autonoom Gemeentebedrijf Oostkamp, Oostkamp City Hall (Gemeente Oostkamp), Oostkamp Social Services (OCMW)
- Contractor: CEI De Meyer
- Project Budget:
- Building: 6.5 M€
- Park: 1.3 M€
- Building: 11.000 m2
- Park: 40.000 m2
- Competition: 2008
- Construction: February 2011 to March 2012
- Inaugurated: 15 June 2012
Thursday, June 9th, 2016
Article source: TheeAe LTD
With population around 103,000, the city of Ryde is rural environment yet very close to the major city, Sydney. Residents in Ryde can easily travel to enjoy the big city-like atmosphere by driving 10 to 30 minutes from their home. Life in Ryde is like a place where people like to relax and enjoy comfortable environment. In its regards, the new development of the civic center at the heart of the town would not change the way it has been but respect culture that people have been used to have.
Image Courtesy © TheeAe LTD
- Architects: TheeAe LTD
- Project: Trianglmnant – Ryde Civic Center
- Location: Ryde, Australia
- Site area: 16,500sqm
- Built Area: 23,150sqm
- Height : 31meter
Sunday, May 1st, 2016
Article source: Manuelle Gautrand Architecture
The ambition of the City of Parramatta was: “We want this development to be unique and spectacular – a building that will be recognized around the world and help to put Parramatta on the map”.
A cutting-edge glass construction featuring a wave-shaped façade of crystalline blocks has been selected as the winning design for Parramatta Square’s landmark civic and community building.
Image Courtesy © Manuelle Gautrand Architecture
- Architects: Manuelle Gautrand Architecture, Lacoste+Stevenson, Designinc
- Project: Square Civic And Community Building
- Location: Parramatta Square District, Parramatta, Australia
- Client: City of parramatta
- Estimated Construction budget: 38 million $AUD (26 million €)
- Net area: 12.000 sqm
- Competition: 2016
- Studies: 2016 – 2017
- Construction work: 2018-2019
Friday, March 4th, 2016
Article source: v2com
The poet Gabriele D’Annunzio starts off with these words the poem ‘Sa Spendula’, in 1882, dedicated to the local waterfall, defining with few telling lines the peculiarity of the landscape around Villacidro: the city is located on the mouth of a valley, between the mountains. The urban fabric of the city, in particular in its historic part, developed itself in direct relation with the landscape morphology, defining building clusters clung to the rocks, one on top of the other, terraced squares and gardens, narrow streets and steep stairs.
General view, Image Courtesy © 3TI PROGETTI + 3TI_LAB
- Architects: 3TI PROGETTI
- Project: New Civic Centre
- Location: Villacidro, Italy
Friday, December 18th, 2015
Article source: Territori 24
The new Baró de Viver Civic Centre is the first LEED Platinum certified Social Facility building for new construction in Spain.
In a neighbourhood that is cut off from the rest of the city, the new facility breathes life into the social fabric of the area and strengthens the connection between the neighbourhood’s public thoroughfare and its green spaces.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Territori 24
- Project: Baró de Viver Civic Center
- Location: Beato Domènec Savio nº 1, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Territori24 Team: Adrià Calvo L’Orange, Ivan Pérez Barés, Bet Alabern Cortina, Alvaro Casanovas Leal
- Landlord: Districte de Sant Andreu – Ajuntament de Barcelona
- Constructor: UTE Serom-Sogesa
- Build surface: 1.652m2
- Budget: (vat inc.) 2.175.678,83€
Wednesday, September 9th, 2015
Article source: ACXT Architect
The Civic Center is a building that combines sporting, cultural and administrative uses to service the neighborhood Salburua in Vitoria.
The project conceives the civic center as a gathering of people to carry out various social, cultural, recreational or sports activities.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: ACXT Architect
- Project: Centro Cívico Salburua
- Location: Barrio de Salburua,Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Project director: Juan Luis Geijo (Proyecto/ Project); Juan Dávila (Obra / works)
- Project Architect: Gonzalo Carro
- Other architects: Maria Robredo, Oscar Ferreira, Javier Manjón, Aintzane Gastelu-Iturri, Daniela Bustamante, Beatriz Pagoaga, Aitziber Olarte
- Project Management: Juan Luís Geijo; Juan Dávila, Juan Dávila
- Environmental Engineering: Camino López, Federíco Reguero
- CAD: Itziar Ramírez, Arrate López de Maturana, Gorka Arceniaga, Marta García (more…)
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015
Article source: Kengo Kuma & Associates
This wooden building was constructed as the city’s community center for people to gather. We repeated the roofs for the façade so that it could merge into the neighboring townscape of small houses.
Image Courtesy © Kenta Hasegawa
- Architects: Kengo Kuma & Associates
- Project: Towada civic center plaza
- Location: Towada, Aomori, Japan
- Photography: Kenta Hasegawa
- Type: Community center
- Design：Kengo Kuma & Associates
- Structure: Jun Sato Structural Engineering
- Machinery: Kankyo Engineering
- Textile: Kengo Kuma & Associates + Yoko Ando Design
- Design period: 2012.1 ～ 2013.2 (more…)
Saturday, April 18th, 2015
Article source: Mario Buonamici Architettura
The project has two objectives: on the one hand, and dialectically interacts dynamically with the surrounding context, both the connotation of natural green park is artificial, urban and contemporary Quarter Island; on the other hand, gives body to a structure characterized by great flexibility of composition and organization, in full respect of public destination and functions identified. An architecture that shapes, materials and design, integrates and permeates in the green, while maintaining its definite individuality: a distance dialogue between artificial and natural. The building itself contains the souls formal and organizational of the park: the geometric rigor of the design of the meshes of the fields and the orderly organization curvilinear forest circular; However, it reverses the order and spatial relations and displacement: the plans are settled and are arranged vertically in overlapping; warps the closed circular logging is deconstruct opening in sinuous waves and irregular, which, like the natural scenery which surround, taking forms and aspects always different and define forms and public functions intended to evolve and change according to the needs of its users.
Image Courtesy © Mario Buonamici Architettura
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: JC Bonham
We where asked to conceive a building that contained a public civic center as well as emergency residences.
The facility is located in the midpoint between a school area and a public service zone. The building attempts to occupy the maximum surface possible in order to create a inner public square, since the surrounding neighborhoods are lacking of one.
Image Courtesy © 4RGO
- Architects: JC Bonham
- Project: Civic Center in Ciutat Meridiana, Barcelona
- Location: Ciutat Meridiana, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: 4RGO