Archive for the ‘Commercial Area’ Category
Wednesday, May 24th, 2017
Article source: MasilWIDE
What shape of life can an architect suggest to people in a new town in which apartment complexes will be built? The location is the community living area in Gimpo Newtown. The building will be used for a neighbor hospital and other businesses, and we had an expectation that this building would be an open-space in such dense region.
Image Courtesy © kyung Roh
- Architects: Wise Architecture
- Project: Kimsclinic
- Location: 139-33, Gimpohangang 11-ro, Gimpo-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Photography: kyung Roh
- Structure: R.C
- Finishing: Staining exposed concrete
- Building scope: B1F / 7F
- Site Area: 605§³
- Building area: 317.25§³
- Gross floor Area: 2,581.16§³
- Height: 30.80m
Sunday, May 21st, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
Apple Dubai Mall is reinventing the traditional introverted idea of mall-based retail as a more outward looking experience that engages with the spectacle of urban life. Its design is a highly innovative response to the culture and climate of the Emirates, while also demonstrating Apple’s pioneering ambition to create inspirational civic spaces for all.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Apple Dubai Mall
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Photography: Nigel Young
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: 10 Design
The Huafa Plaza development amalgamates 3 key development sites within the new Hengqin District in Zhuhai. It will accommodate over 300,000sqm of boutique retail, food and beverage facilities, and office space when built with expected construction completion in 2019.
The winning design consists of 3 high rise towers together with 3 boutique retail and F&B environments.
Image Courtesy © 10 Design
- Architects: 10 Design (Phil Gray, Alexey Golbraykh, Sonja Stoffels, Yang Wang, Jonathan Lynn, Jose Castaneda, Javier Manjon, Almudena Lacruz, Yan Liu)
- Project: Huafa Plaza
- Location: Zhuhai Hengqin New District , Zhuhai, China
- Client: Huafa Group
- 10 Design Architectural Design Team:
- Design Partner: Gordon Affleck
- Partner & Project Director: Miriam Au Yeung
- Site Area: 62,800sqm
- GFA: 254,000sqm (Above Grade) and 145,000sqm (Below Grade)
- Status: Anticipated Construction Completion 2019
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: ACDF* Architecture-Urbanisme-Intérieur
Desiring to establish a new headquarters where the expertise of the company would be exposed as a showcase, St-Germain Aqueducts and Sewers decides to relocate its operations to a new site: a fallow farm bordered a motorway ( 116) and an urban residential area in St. Hubert.
Image Courtesy © ACDF* Architecture-Urbanisme-Intérieur
- Architects: ACDF* Architecture-Urbanisme-Intérieur
- Project: St-Germain Aqueducts and Sewers
- Location: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada
- Client: St-Germain égouts et aqueducs
- Cost: 5,4 M $
- Year: 2008
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: URBAN AGENCY
The Shoe Shelf Store is a new flagship store for stüben fuß & schuh in Neumünster, Germany.
The transparent two-story building seamlessly integrates display, façade and urban performance.
Founded in 1895, stüben fuß & schuh has a long tradition as orthopedic shoemakers and shoe retailers.
Image Courtesy © Urban Agency
- Architects: URBAN AGENCY
- Project: Shoe Shop
- Location: Neumünster, Germany
- Photography: Thomas Berberich, Urban Agency
- Client: stüben fuß & schuh
- Team: Urban Agency, Esplant (local architect)
- Interior Design: Urban Agency in collaboration with Schmitt Ladenbau
- Budget: 850.000 Euro
- Size: 340m2
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
The Ningbo Haishu Waterfront district is an island, surrounded by water on all four sides, offering a unique topographical setting in which to reimagine urban life in 21stcentury China. Contemporary Chinese cities have entered a new era of 21st-century urbanism. Old strategies for developing new districts no longer work: cities cannot rely on instant buildings, and iconic projects no longer beget their own economies.
MAIN IMAGE, AERIAL VIEW NIGHT, Image Courtesy © CAZA
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: The Ningbo Haishu Waterfront
- Location: Ningbo, China
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
Article source: Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
The rainy city of Concepción, is located in the mouth of the Bío-Bío River, 520 Km south of Santiago. It has aprox. 220.000 inhabitants, but its threshold spans reaches some 630.000 people. The highlights of its economy are the elaboration of steel and the wood industry, both on wide exporting booms. We were asked to design a branch of the ‘Consorcio Nacional de Seguros’, National Insurance Consortium, in a corner site, in front of the only historic and antique church in Concepción, whose façade had been unfortunately reconstructed after an earthquake. Furthermore, it had a front fenced square that impoverished its quality and public character.
Image Courtesy © Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
- Architects: Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
- Project: ‘CONSORCIO’ Branch Concepcion
- Location: San Martín Street with Lincoyán Street, Concepción, Chile
- Architect: Enrique Browne
- Associate Architect: Patricio Browne
- Collaborator Architects: Enrique c. Browne, Sebastián Morandé, Davor Mavlovic
- Models: Verónica Celedón
- Builder: Ignacio Hurtado y cia.
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017
Article source: SPARK
SPARK has completed the design of Gateway One a 71,600-square-metre mixed-use development and transportation hub for China Merchants. Located in Shenzhen South China the 110-metre-high, 27-storey office tower and five retail pavilions are connected by landscaped terraces that combine to create a unique naturally ventilated retail and business destination for the lively Skekou district of the city. The buildings sit over and adjacent to a new transportion hub that includes a bus terminal and the Seaworld subway station.
Image Courtesy © SKPhoto
- Architects: SPARK
- Project: Gateway One Shekou
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Photography: SKPhoto
- Client: China Merchants
- Project Director: Stephen Pimbley, Wenhui Lim
- Project Associates: Carlo Joson, Peter Morris
- Team: Cynthia Liau, Rafal Kapusta, Lintang Wuriantari, Darmaganda, Mark Mancenido, Olivia Wong, Fabian Ong, Paula Zheng, Arnold Galang, Natasha Hill
- Façade Consultant: Arup
- Local Design Institute: Guangdong Province Design Institute Shenzhen Branch
- Total GFA (sqm): 71,600sqm (Office: 47,200sqm, Retail: 20,400sqm, Bus Terminal: 4000sqm)
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: THE_SYSTEM LAB
Model House system of Construction Company is a very unique program that only exists in Korea. It is constructed in short period of time to help parceling out and gets demolished after certain period. This is a space program with the shortest life spn.
Image Courtesy © THE_SYSTEM LAB
- Architects: THE_SYSTEM LAB (Chanjoong Kim, Taek Hong)
- Project: Raemian Gallery
- Location: Suwon-si, South Korea
- Site Area: 1719.7㎡
- Building area: 1167.75㎡
- Gross floor Area: 2112.90㎡
- Building scope: 2F
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
In an area of consisting of 3 lots and located on Avenida 127, one of the main avenues in the north of Bogotá, this project was implemented in private offices with a total constructed area of 8,100 m2.
Image Courtesy © PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
- Architects: PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
- Project: Galeon Business Center
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia