Archive for the ‘Commercial Building’ Category
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Article source: Proj3ct and Pluggo
Located on the blooming nightlife district of Oporto’s downtown, RUA occupies the ground floor of an old building facing a narrow yet busy street. The vacant space matched in many ways the traditional construction of Oporto old city center: narrow lots with high openings and ceilings, the extensive use of granite stone and local painted ceramic tiles (“azulejo”) on the façades, the appropriation of small and cozy patios. The relation towards the street was quite effective and dominant, as it could be enhanced towards the existing patio.
Image Courtesy © rxg3d
- Architects: Proj3ct and Pluggo (co-authorship)
- Project: Rua, Restaurant/Bar
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Type: commercial
- Client: Apogeu da Ribalta, lda.
- Gross area: 146 sqm.
- Engineering: Logacústica
- Photography / rendering: rxg3d
- Date: 2012
- Status: under construction
Tuesday, May 14th, 2013
Article source: Strobl Architekten ZT GmbH
The Clearing House is an institution of the SOS-Kinderdorf. Since 2001 this special place serves as accommodation, support and consultancy to minor refugees. The comprehensive restoration in 2012 with its construction and facade design reflects the idea of the SOS Kinderdörfer.
Image courtesy Strobl Architekten
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013
Article source: JDS Architects
The Kagithane Gardens is a business district that focuses on the users working and living qualities and addresses its presence in Istanbul as a new form of contextual and urban approach: The building is formed by our desire to make it interact with its environment.
Image Courtesy JDS Architects
- Architects: JDS Architects
- Project: KAG / Premier Campus Office in Kagithane
- Location: Kagithane, Istanbul, Turkey
- Project Team: Julien De Smedt, Kamile Malinauskaite, Laure Vandenbroucke, Vincent Macris, Emily Pescod, Melike Ceyisakar, Camille Fatier, Borna Pavicic, Kazuya Uchida
- Program: Commercial
- Type: Invited Competition
- Size: 100 000 M2
- Budget: Confidential
- Client: Feryapi
- Collaborators: DB Architects, Tavusbay-STATIK, Geodinamik, Dinamik Proje, Pozitif Proje, SPIGA, CWG
- Status: On-Going
Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013
Article source: HASSELL
Located to the north of Chongqing on the banks of Palm Lake and the Taiping Reservoir, the Palm Island project is a new hospitality precinct designed by HASSELL. The key element of the design is water and it has been melded with light and reflections for the project concept. When viewed from afar, the five buildings housing six different restaurants appear to float on the lake, which is the unique feature of the project by Palm Springs Real Estate Development.
Image Courtesy © Luo Wen
- Architects: HASSELL
- Project: Palm Island
- Location: Chongqing, China
- Photography: Luo Wen
- Client: Chongqing Palm Springs Real Estate Development
- Discipline: Architecture, Landscape Architecture
- Expertise : Commercial and Workplace, Hospitality
- Scale : 9,600 sqm
- Year: 2012
- Status : Completed
Friday, February 15th, 2013
Article source: Jun Sakaguchi Architect
Jun Sakaguchi as a practice director of PTW Architects won a design competition for this small commercial block in Tokyo in 2006. Crowned with a penthouse rising above the 31m height limit but within the set-back line, it glows like finely cut jewellery. Most surrounding buildings are 31m high, so the penthouse enjoys open views from the timber deck terrace to the Tokyo Station area and further up to the Shinjuku district.
Image Courtesy © Tomohiro Sakashita
- Architects: Jun Sakaguchi as practice director of PTW Architects
- Project: Luminous
- Location: Kodenma-cho, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Tomohiro Sakashita
- Type: Commercial
- Software used: ArchiCad for rendering and AutoCAD for documentation
Saturday, February 9th, 2013
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
The new Danks & Bourke commercial building is a refurbishment of a 1960’s concrete furniture warehouse. It is located in the former industrial area of Danks Street, which has lately become a trendy hub for the designer commercial set. The triple-frontage building contains 5,000sqm of office space over two levels, a supermarket and specialty retail stores on the ground floor.
Image Courtesy Tony Owen Partners
- Architects: Tony Owen Partners
- Project: Danks and Bourke
- Location: Danks Street, Sydney, Australia
- Software used: Autocad, Revit, 3-D Studio Max, Maya and Rhino
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
Article source: RTA-Office
The 200.000 square meters complex aims to create a new and contemporary urban space. We have distributed the volumes on the parcel in order to get at the same time both an open public space and an intimate one. The many passages through the project offer walk paths for resident and visitors. The mixed-use project occupies an entire block of the city of Qingdao.
Image Courtesy RTA-Office
- Architects: RTA-Office
- Project: Nanjing Road Mixed Use Area
- Location: Qingdao, China
- Plot area: 26.810 m2
- Total construction area: 210.700 m2
- Project: 2012
- Completion Date: in progress
- Landscape Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Architecture Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Interior Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Client: Zhong Lian
Thursday, January 17th, 2013
Article source: Zaha Hadid
The Galaxy SOHO project in central Beijing for SOHO China is a 330 000m2 office, retail and entertainment complex that will become an integral part of the living city, inspired by the grand scale of Beijing. Its architecture is a composition of four continuous, flowing volumes that are set apart, fused or linked by stretched bridges. These volumes adapt to each other in all directions, generating a panoramic architecture without corners or abrupt transitions that break the fluidity of its formal composition.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: Zaha Hadid
- Project: Galaxy Soho
- Location: Beijing, China
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project Director, Associate: Satoshi Ohashi
- Associate: Cristiano Ceccato
- Project Architect: Yoshi Uchiyama
- Photographers: Hufton + Crow, Iwan Baan
- Client: SOHO China
- Program: Mixed-use Commercial Building (Office & Retail)
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
Article source: FACTOR: RECURSO
San Pedro Garza Garcia is a center of economic progress and of important entrepreneur culture in the state of Nuevo Leon. Its privileged geographical location has provided its habitants with the necessary resources for maintaining their quality of life.
Image Courtesy Carlos Rodríguez Garrido
- Architects: FACTOR: RECURSO
- Project: Hudson
- Location: San Pedro Garza García, México
- Project: Office and Commercial Building HUDSON
- Built area: 1050 m²
- Materials: Brick, Concrete and Glass.
- Photographer: Carlos Rodríguez Garrido
Tuesday, January 8th, 2013
Article source: Studio za arhitekturu (SZA)
Various studies have been written, analyses conducted and several competitions held in order to examine the way in which Zagreb is situated on the river Sava and how the river is incorporated into the city.
Image Courtesy Sandro Lendler
- Architects: Studio za arhitekturu (SZA)
- Project: Savica Business & Residential Building
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
- Client: Zagrebgradnja d.o.o
- Project date: 2009.
- Construction: 2012.
- Author: Igor Franić
- Collaborators: Tajana Derenčinović Jelčić, Andreja Dodig, Petar Reić, Simona Sović Štos, Zorana Debeljuh
- Contractor: Zagrebgradnja d.o.o.
- Structure: Tehnicke konstrukcije d.o.o.
- Mechanical Installations: SM – inzenjering d.o.o.
- Electrical Installations: Elektro-ekspert d.o.o.
- Sewage and Water Supply: SM – inzenjering d.o.o.
- Gross surface area: 25 806 m2
- Site area: 6 857 m2
- Photographers: Sandro Lendler, Filip Beusan