Archive for the ‘Commercial Building’ Category
Friday, February 15th, 2013
Article source: Jun Sakaguchi Architect
Jun Sakaguchi as a practice director of PTW Architects won a design competition for this small commercial block in Tokyo in 2006. Crowned with a penthouse rising above the 31m height limit but within the set-back line, it glows like finely cut jewellery. Most surrounding buildings are 31m high, so the penthouse enjoys open views from the timber deck terrace to the Tokyo Station area and further up to the Shinjuku district.
Image Courtesy © Tomohiro Sakashita
- Architects: Jun Sakaguchi as practice director of PTW Architects
- Project: Luminous
- Location: Kodenma-cho, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Tomohiro Sakashita
- Type: Commercial
- Software used: ArchiCad for rendering and AutoCAD for documentation
Saturday, February 9th, 2013
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
The new Danks & Bourke commercial building is a refurbishment of a 1960’s concrete furniture warehouse. It is located in the former industrial area of Danks Street, which has lately become a trendy hub for the designer commercial set. The triple-frontage building contains 5,000sqm of office space over two levels, a supermarket and specialty retail stores on the ground floor.
Image Courtesy Tony Owen Partners
- Architects: Tony Owen Partners
- Project: Danks and Bourke
- Location: Danks Street, Sydney, Australia
- Software used: Autocad, Revit, 3-D Studio Max, Maya and Rhino
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
Article source: RTA-Office
The 200.000 square meters complex aims to create a new and contemporary urban space. We have distributed the volumes on the parcel in order to get at the same time both an open public space and an intimate one. The many passages through the project offer walk paths for resident and visitors. The mixed-use project occupies an entire block of the city of Qingdao.
Image Courtesy RTA-Office
- Architects: RTA-Office
- Project: Nanjing Road Mixed Use Area
- Location: Qingdao, China
- Plot area: 26.810 m2
- Total construction area: 210.700 m2
- Project: 2012
- Completion Date: in progress
- Landscape Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Architecture Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Interior Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Client: Zhong Lian
Thursday, January 17th, 2013
Article source: Zaha Hadid
The Galaxy SOHO project in central Beijing for SOHO China is a 330 000m2 office, retail and entertainment complex that will become an integral part of the living city, inspired by the grand scale of Beijing. Its architecture is a composition of four continuous, flowing volumes that are set apart, fused or linked by stretched bridges. These volumes adapt to each other in all directions, generating a panoramic architecture without corners or abrupt transitions that break the fluidity of its formal composition.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: Zaha Hadid
- Project: Galaxy Soho
- Location: Beijing, China
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project Director, Associate: Satoshi Ohashi
- Associate: Cristiano Ceccato
- Project Architect: Yoshi Uchiyama
- Photographers: Hufton + Crow, Iwan Baan
- Client: SOHO China
- Program: Mixed-use Commercial Building (Office & Retail)
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
Article source: FACTOR: RECURSO
San Pedro Garza Garcia is a center of economic progress and of important entrepreneur culture in the state of Nuevo Leon. Its privileged geographical location has provided its habitants with the necessary resources for maintaining their quality of life.
Image Courtesy Carlos Rodríguez Garrido
- Architects: FACTOR: RECURSO
- Project: Hudson
- Location: San Pedro Garza García, México
- Project: Office and Commercial Building HUDSON
- Built area: 1050 m²
- Materials: Brick, Concrete and Glass.
- Photographer: Carlos Rodríguez Garrido
Tuesday, January 8th, 2013
Article source: Studio za arhitekturu (SZA)
Various studies have been written, analyses conducted and several competitions held in order to examine the way in which Zagreb is situated on the river Sava and how the river is incorporated into the city.
Image Courtesy Sandro Lendler
- Architects: Studio za arhitekturu (SZA)
- Project: Savica Business & Residential Building
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
- Client: Zagrebgradnja d.o.o
- Project date: 2009.
- Construction: 2012.
- Author: Igor Franić
- Collaborators: Tajana Derenčinović Jelčić, Andreja Dodig, Petar Reić, Simona Sović Štos, Zorana Debeljuh
- Contractor: Zagrebgradnja d.o.o.
- Structure: Tehnicke konstrukcije d.o.o.
- Mechanical Installations: SM – inzenjering d.o.o.
- Electrical Installations: Elektro-ekspert d.o.o.
- Sewage and Water Supply: SM – inzenjering d.o.o.
- Gross surface area: 25 806 m2
- Site area: 6 857 m2
- Photographers: Sandro Lendler, Filip Beusan
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013
Article source: Architects of Invention
The young UK-Georgia-based practice Architects of Invention has completed a new municipality building for a city which is yet to come into being – Lazika. This marine, economic and commercial centre was intended to be one of the largest cities in Georgia. Currently, Lazika’s future hangs in the balance, as the new government decides its course of action.
Image Courtesy © NAKANIMAMASAKHLISI PHOTO LAB
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: Lazika Municipality
- Location: Lazika, Georgia
- Photography: NAKANIMAMASAKHLISI PHOTO LAB
- Function: Municipality
- Programme: Lobby, Service Hall, Offices, Wedding Hall, Terrace
- Construction period: Start 01 April 2012 – Completed 15 Sep 2012 (168 days)
- Site area: 1225 ㎡
- Building area: 400 ㎡
- Area: NET 1500 ㎡, GEA – 2075㎡
- Budget: $9mil ($6000/m2)
- Stories: 3
- Structure (materials): 100% Steel body
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
Article source: Gonzalez Moix Arquitectura
We had to solve an a typical project, a design center, where creativity and art should be blended and be offered to the user. The shops should have the same condition, without creating differences between the front and back. After solving the first floor with two locals, we made in the second and third floor 8 offices or locals arranged beside a yard with domestic scale.
PHOTOGRAPHY street facade : Image Courtesy © Juan Solano Ojasi
- Architects: Gonzalez Moix Arquitectura
- Project: Zentro
- Location: La Molina, Lima Province, Peru
- Photography: Juan Solano Ojasi
- Builder: ING. ENRIQUE MATELLINI
- Green Wall: VERONICA CROUSSE
- Year: 2012
- Project Aera: 1900 m2
- Design Team: ERNESTO BARTRA, ANABELI OLAECHEA, BEATRIZ RODRIGUEZ, DANIELA AMPUERO
Thursday, November 29th, 2012
Article source: Blouin Tardif Architecture-Environnement
Situated in an industrial sector near Pierre-Elliott Trudeau Airport and intersecting highways, this commercial building stands out for its efficient architecture, simple forms, and colourful envelope. Fournitures Sélect specializes in the sale, rental, and maintenance of equipment used in post-damage restoration; it also provides training on this equipment. The building includes a showroom, customer service counters, a classroom, offices, a repair workshop, and a warehouse.
Image Courtesy Steve Montpetit
- Architects: Blouin Tardif Architecture-Environnement
- Project: Fournitures Select
- Location: 1965, 55e avenue, Dorval, Canada
- Partner in charge: Alexandre Blouin
- Design team: Isabelle Beauchamp (Project Architect), Jonathan Trottier
- Mechanical Engineer: L.L.E.C. Inc.
- Electrical Engineer: ScotMa-Tech Inc.
- Civil Engineer: TEKNIKA-HBA
- Contractor: A.O.S. Construction Inc.
- Lighting Design: Novus
- Area: 13 400 pi2
- Cost: 1,8 M$
- Completion date: 2010
- Photographer: Steve Montpetit
Friday, November 16th, 2012
Article source: Crox International
In response to globalization and cross-cutting design trends, the three big international design organizations (ICSID、Icograda and IFI) came together to form the International Design Alliance; IDA, and this year in Taipei, held their annual World Design Congress. There, the International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (IFI) and the organizers of Taiwan’s Innovation and Design Center Chose Tsung-Jen Lin as one of the 100 great Designers of Taiwan.
Image Courtesy Wei-Hung Li
- Architects: Crox International
- Project: Echo Club Wuhan
- Location: Wuhan, China
- Design Firm: Crox International Co., Ltd
- Designer: Tsung-Jen Lin, Director of Crox International Co., Ltd.
- Designer Team:Tao-benLi, Ying-XiuLin
- Client: Echo Club
- Store Location: No. 518, Jiefang Road, Wuchang district, Wuhan, China
- Completion Date: July, 2011
- Size: 2000 sqm
- Material: Carpentry, White & Black-marquina, Glass, Stainless, Stucco
- Photographer: Wei-Hung Li