Archive for the ‘Commercial Building’ Category
Sunday, June 5th, 2011
Article source: will bruder+PARTNERS
Situated on a compact sub-5 acre parcel in a developing urban area of Scottsdale, Arizona, the new Dial/Henkel headquarters is an innovative collaborative center, completely integrated into its broader context of the Sonoran desert. The building is conceived as a crystalline cloud floating over a desert mesa, a graceful presence at the prominent intersection of Scottsdale Road and the 101 freeway.
Night View (Images Courtesy Bill Timmerman)
- Architect: will bruder+PARTNERS
- Project: Henkel North American Consumer Products Headquarters
- Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
- Design: 2006-7
- Construction: 2007-8
- Client: Henkel
- Photographer: Bill Timmerman
Saturday, May 28th, 2011
Article source: Buratti+Battiston Architects
The project is a renovation of a building previously used as garage and cars store, a prefabricated structure of ’60, converted in a showroom for BMW and MINI brands. The project is focused on the definition of the building external image, besides reorganizing the layout and viability of whole area, pointing to develop a new urban quality.
- Architect: Buratti+Battiston Architects
- Name of Project: Commercial building Fratelli Cozzi Auto
- Location: Legnano, Milan, Italy
- Duration: 2007 – 2009
- Software used: AutoCAD
Friday, May 27th, 2011
Article source: Asymptote Architect
Bergamo, Italy—Asymptote Architecture’s design for the Azzano-San Paolo Master Plan, a 100,000-square-meter commercial development, was recently unveiled at the MAPIC international retail real estate conference in Cannes, France. The site for the new master plan is an area south of Orio al Serio International Airport near the historic city center of Bergamo in Northern Italy. The master plan, as conceived by Asymptote, is a meandering and intriguingly articulated collection of surfaces that seem to have evolved naturally from the adjacent farmlands and calls for powerful, yet subtle, new architectural works placed on an urban plinth. Overall, the Azzano-San Paolo Master Plan is a signal for the possibility of such developments to be aesthetically compelling and architecturally dynamic.
- Architect: Asymptote Architect – Hani Rashid + Lise Anne Couture
- Name of Project: Azzano-San Paolo Master Plan
- Location: Bergamo, Italy
- Client: Stilo Group, Bergamo, Italy
- Site Area: 110,000 sq. m.
- Building Area: 120,000 sq. m.
- Program: Retail, hotel, planetarium, multiplex, health clinic
- Date: 2008
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011
The new Andrea Palladio Building Center is made of a structural skin evoking nature, like tree branches that by weaving themselves create a dynamic façade made of steel and glass. The arches on the ground floor evoke the architecture of the Renaissance, and suggest the idea of an ethical and emotional architecture. Steel and glass together, combined as something organic and dynamic, allow the building to be in harmony with the context. The shielding front is made of mirror glass panels with a thickness of 10 mm. They have the double function of reflecting the natural environment and protecting the building from the sun. The glazed turbots, generated by the external structure, and the plastic tubes that pervade the entire building have been designed in order to enable the sectors to obtain an adequate level of lighting comfort.
Nuova Sede Centro Edile Andrea Palladio
- Architects: OFL Architecture
- Project: Nuova Sede Centro Edile Andrea Palladio
- Location: Vicenza, Italy
- Project Design: Francesco Lipari
- Project Team: Francesco Lipari, Vanessa Todaro, Pierpaolo Pugliano, Gianni Esposito
- Timing: design 2009
- Software used: Rendered with Vray and modeled with Rhino+3dsmax
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011
This project involves the conversion of a four-story 19th Century commercial building on a tight urban lot to residential and commercial use and the replacement of a non-contributing single story adjacent structure with an infill building for residential use and parking. The conversion consists of 6 residential units (2 per floor) above a 3,000 square foot commercial office space while the new structure accommodates 5 residential units (2 per floor with a full floor penthouse unit) and parking at the first floor. An elevator and egress stairs are shared by both structures.
Exterior view looking west
- Architects: Jonathan Barnes Architecture & Design
- Project: 225 North Fourth Lofts
- Location: 225 North Fourth, Columbus, OH 43215
- Client’s Name: DeVere LLC – Don DeVere
- Design Firm: Jonathan Barnes Architecture and Design
- Year of Completion: 2006
- Photographer: Brad Feinknopf, Feinknopf Photography
- Software used: Autodesk viz and studio max
Tuesday, May 10th, 2011
Within the development of Eastgate Park, namely the largest logistic and industrial masterplan in the North East of Italy and covering an area of 1,8 million of square meters, the new Polo per l’Innovazione Strategica has been completed. This new multifunctional building is generated by the cooperation between Portogruaro Council and Portogruaro Campus (Ca’ Foscari University, Venice) and has the objective of developing new business strategies by merging the university world, the business consulting world and the entrepreneurial world.
- Architect: Marco Acerbis Studio
- Name of Project: Polins
- Location: Portogruaro, Venezia, Italy
- Completion time: 2008-2010
- Area: 800 mq superficie coperta / covered area
- Client: Pirelli Re / Fondo Spazio Industriale / Comune di Portogruaro
- Certifications: Casa Clima Classe A+, Klima Haus Class A+
- Software used: Rhino and Artlantis
Thursday, May 5th, 2011
New CITIC headquarters tower in Hangzhou breaks ground
Construction has commenced on Foster + Partners’ first project in Hangzhou, China, with a sustainable, landmark headquarters tower for CITIC Bank. The 100-metre-high skyscraper’s bold diagonally-braced structure will establish an iconic presence for the Bank in a prominent location on a main axis through Hangzhou Qian Jiang New City, a new central business district being constructed next to the Qian Jiang River.
- Architect: Foster + Partners Team
- Name of Project: Citic Bank Hangzhou Branch Headquarters
- Location: Hangzhou, China
- Client : China Citic Bank Hangzhou Branch
- Collaborating Architect: East China Architectural Design Institute
- Construction: Commenced 29 March 2011
Sunday, May 1st, 2011
The double extension of the Alphonse Daudet Lycée in Tarascon raises the question of responsibility when building on a remarkable site
– Lycée built in 1933 by Gaston Castel (Grand Prix de Rome), listed as a historical monument;
– Kilmaine barracks, site listed as a historical monument, built in 1718, by the architect Desfour.
Lycée Alphonse Daudet
- Architects: Christophe Gulizzi Architect
- Project: Lycée Alphonse Daudet
- Location: Tarascon, France
- Contractor : PACA Region, Michel Vauzelle.
- Delegate contractor: AREA PACA, Louis Pesanti.
Sunday, April 24th, 2011
The river Meuse serves many different purposes. Next to being an important transport route for inland shipping, its banks accommodate agriculture, plants, wildlife and recreational activity. The water that flows through the Meuse is used as drinking water, for industrial processes and as cooling water. Its summer bed is an important source of sand and gravel. In the event of flooding the danger must be gone against.
- Architects: Wiel Arets Architects
- Project: Regiocentrale Zuid
- Location: Maasbracht, The Netherlands
- Project Team: Wiel Arets, Bettina Kraus, Rob Willemse, Julius Klatte
- Collaborators: Harold Hermans
- Budget: € 7.416.000
- Software used: Drawn using Vectorworks and renderings are created using Photoshop
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011
Rødovre Syd is a suburbian area of Copenhagen, characterized by a mixture of open green areas, a network of roads, large apartment complexes and low row-housing enclaves. The project offers to transform the existing planning by adding buildings in a pixel-patchwork, as an addition to the 60’ies planning. The greater density allows for urban feel and commercial activities at specific zoom-in areas as well as a greater variety of residential.
Urban Plan Rødovre Syd
- Architects: WE Architecture
- Project: Urban Plan Rodovre Syd
- Location: Rødovre, Denmark
- Assignment: Open Competition
- Type: Urban planning
- Client: Municipality of Rødovre
- Size: 47ha
- Year: 2010
- Collaborators: JWH Arkitekter
- Architects Team: Marc Jay, Julie Schmidt-Nielsen, Søren Thiesen, Nora Fossum, Katarzyna Nycz, Mátá Szabo, Stella Buisan, Kristian Hindsberg, Jorge Cortés de Castro
- Software used: Rhino, V-RAY, PhotoShop