Archive for the ‘Commercial Building’ Category
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
Article source: MasilWIDE
This is a project looking for another architectural alternative to the housing market located in the innovative cities that are currently being developed.
The building site that is located in the Innovation City is located in the T intersection. The location of shopping mall is good, but for the location of the house is unsecure of the privacy. To solve this problem, we use the cube block as a screen device on the residential sector. As a commercial building, at night, it had an unique lighting feeling and gaining awareness became an advantage. Also, it’s located about 15m lower side of the road and the opposite side has an advantage of the view of urban landscapes and mountains. Considering this surroundings, at the 1st floor was external court and the entire floor was glass mass to give an enjoyment to the users. But, the biggest problem is that if the street block is form as a commercial type house only, then the 2nd floor and 3rd floor has a problem of lighting. A house should to be bright and naturally ventilated to maintain comfort. To secure the privacy of 1st to 3rd floor to the south, we formed a cube block as a screen device and on 3rd floor, we made sky garden in external court for the lighting and natural ventilation. Especially, on 3rd floor, between 2 external court can be a living room, dining room, or home bar and by placing a wall in kitchen, it can be an independent space or one space. Also, in this multi-purpose space, we installed a folding door around the external court to make as a another one space. The kitchen is the center space when the owner of third floor generation comes. The kitchen communicates with the sky garden, multi-purpose space, and living room. The attic separates the 2 areas into 2 spaces and make as a connecting passages. This connecting passage connects the attic with the bridge between the external court and the external deck and connects with the sky garden too. Through the center of the sky garden, various spatial program can be form and hopefully there will be new ways of communicating amongst family members too.
Image Courtesy © Yoon, Joonhwan
- Architects: On Architecture INC
- Project: Min Hwi Jeong
- Location: Ulsan, South Korea
- Photography: Yoon, Joonhwan
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
Article source: Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
The rainy city of Concepción, is located in the mouth of the Bío-Bío River, 520 Km south of Santiago. It has aprox. 220.000 inhabitants, but its threshold spans reaches some 630.000 people. The highlights of its economy are the elaboration of steel and the wood industry, both on wide exporting booms. We were asked to design a branch of the ‘Consorcio Nacional de Seguros’, National Insurance Consortium, in a corner site, in front of the only historic and antique church in Concepción, whose façade had been unfortunately reconstructed after an earthquake. Furthermore, it had a front fenced square that impoverished its quality and public character.
Image Courtesy © Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
- Architects: Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
- Project: ‘CONSORCIO’ Branch Concepcion
- Location: San Martín Street with Lincoyán Street, Concepción, Chile
- Architect: Enrique Browne
- Associate Architect: Patricio Browne
- Collaborator Architects: Enrique c. Browne, Sebastián Morandé, Davor Mavlovic
- Models: Verónica Celedón
- Builder: Ignacio Hurtado y cia.
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017
Article source: SPARK
SPARK has completed the design of Gateway One a 71,600-square-metre mixed-use development and transportation hub for China Merchants. Located in Shenzhen South China the 110-metre-high, 27-storey office tower and five retail pavilions are connected by landscaped terraces that combine to create a unique naturally ventilated retail and business destination for the lively Skekou district of the city. The buildings sit over and adjacent to a new transportion hub that includes a bus terminal and the Seaworld subway station.
Image Courtesy © SKPhoto
- Architects: SPARK
- Project: Gateway One Shekou
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Photography: SKPhoto
- Client: China Merchants
- Project Director: Stephen Pimbley, Wenhui Lim
- Project Associates: Carlo Joson, Peter Morris
- Team: Cynthia Liau, Rafal Kapusta, Lintang Wuriantari, Darmaganda, Mark Mancenido, Olivia Wong, Fabian Ong, Paula Zheng, Arnold Galang, Natasha Hill
- Façade Consultant: Arup
- Local Design Institute: Guangdong Province Design Institute Shenzhen Branch
- Total GFA (sqm): 71,600sqm (Office: 47,200sqm, Retail: 20,400sqm, Bus Terminal: 4000sqm)
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: THE_SYSTEM LAB
Model House system of Construction Company is a very unique program that only exists in Korea. It is constructed in short period of time to help parceling out and gets demolished after certain period. This is a space program with the shortest life spn.
Image Courtesy © THE_SYSTEM LAB
- Architects: THE_SYSTEM LAB (Chanjoong Kim, Taek Hong)
- Project: Raemian Gallery
- Location: Suwon-si, South Korea
- Site Area: 1719.7㎡
- Building area: 1167.75㎡
- Gross floor Area: 2112.90㎡
- Building scope: 2F
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
In an area of consisting of 3 lots and located on Avenida 127, one of the main avenues in the north of Bogotá, this project was implemented in private offices with a total constructed area of 8,100 m2.
Image Courtesy © PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
- Architects: PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
- Project: Galeon Business Center
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
With a height of 411 meters, the building comes under the high-rise building category of the “super-high skyscrapers” of the CTBUH, the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. This means that the architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners are putting up their highest building ever on the third plot. Design activities for the first two building plots (A and B) had already started after the gmp master plan obtained first prize in the competition at the beginning of last year. Now the client has also given the go-ahead for the third building plot (C). The site lies to the south-west of the inner city next to the trade exhibition grounds, and is the key project for linking two urban axes of the Hexi New Town development.
View from Northwest to plot A, Image Courtesy © Atchain
- Architects: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: Nanjing Financial City II (Third plot)
- Location: Nanjing, China
- Photography: Atchain
- Client: Nanjing Financial City Construction Development Stock Limited Company
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Nikolaus Goetze with Marc Ziemons
- Project management, competition: Jan Blasko
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: VVKH Architecten
Home and Living Mall Ekkersrijt is located on the north of Eindhoven, directly at the highway A50. In 2013 the existing shopping mall (21.000 sq.mtrs) has been extensively renovated and expanded with 24.000 sqr.mtrs.
Image Courtesy © René de Wit
- Architects: VVKH Architecten
- Project: Home and Living Mall Ekkersrijt
- Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Photography: René de Wit
- Client: Altera Vastgoed N.V., Amstelveen
- Developing contractor: Bouwbedrijf Pennings, Rosmalen
- Commercial: CBRE, Houten
- Engineering partners: ABT, Velp (construction); Ingenieusbureau Vogelvang, Apeldoorn (installations); Brink Groep, Son en Breugel (control); LMBS, Utrecht (rental)
- Building period: renovation November 2009 – July 2011; new buildings September 2011 – march 2013
Friday, April 21st, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Located on the north bank of Suzhou Creek and within the business area across Sichuan North Road and Zhapu Road in Shanghai, Aedas-design Shanghai Landmark Center enjoys a prime location with excellent views towards the Northern Bund and Huangpu River. The site is surrounded by low-rise residential blocks and a number of historic buildings such as the Shanghai Post and Telecommunication Bureau, Shanghai General Hospital, New Asia Hotel, Ruikang Mansion and Outer Baidu Bridge, forming a unique urban fabric. The new complex creates a synergy for the commercial hub and the neighbourhood and connects the old and new of Shanghai city.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: A motif to connect old and new
- Location: Shanghai, China
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017
Article source: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
The new building is aligned on rue Castagnary and recedes in an L-shape towards the adjacent building in the north. Its medium scale ensures urban continuity and the density in this quarter. The building is covered by an envelope of white metal blades, consistent with the dominating color of the quarter. Its vocabulary is contemporary and in line with the finesse and attention to detail some housings in the neighborhood. The rhythm of the openings and the large vertical apertures are inspired by Parisian windows.
The ground level and the first three upper floors follow the alignment of the sidewalk but the façade inclines from the last two levels onwards. The height of the building corresponds to the height of its neighboring buildings on rue Castagnary.
Image Courtesy © Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Architects: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Project: 10 Logements Sociaux Familiaux Paris 15ème
- Location: 39-41, rue Castagnary, Paris 15ème
- Site area: 304,9 m²
Thursday, April 13th, 2017
Article source: Klein Dytham architecture (KDa)
Ginza Place, a major commercial development in Tokyo’s famous Ginza shopping district, occupies arguably the most prominent recent development site in Japan. Ginza’s reputation for elegance and sophistication has made it a center of Japanese culture and commerce for more than a century. Ginza Place completes the neighborhood’s central intersection by introducing a bold and well calculated facade to the streetscape.
Image Courtesy © Klein Dytham architecture (KDa)