Archive for the ‘Community Centre’ Category
Thursday, December 21st, 2017
Article source: 10 DESIGN
10 DESIGN WINS LATEST DESIGN COMPETITION FOR THE SHIZIMEN CBD IN ZHUHAI
With the recent design competition win of HUAFA INTERNATIONAL SEAFRONT GARDEN, 10 DESIGN celebrates the addition of their third major project in the Shizimen CBD, a new leading financial hub of Zhuhai, China. 10 DESIGN has contributed significantly with their projects totaling over 1 million sqm of GFA within the CBD alone and 8.8 million sqm of GFA throughout the city of Zhuhai.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Huafa International Seafront Garden
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: Huafa Group
- DESIGN TEAM
- Design Partner: Ted Givens
- Partner: Miriam Auyeung
- Director – Retail: Chin Yong Ng,
- Design Director: Peby Pratama, Yushan Wu, Ewa Koter, Hafsa Siddique, Dian Feng, Inigo Arrotegui, Kenton Sin, Mujung Kang, Sannie Yip, Violette Chen, Yan Liu, Alfred Mak, Erin Park and Ruizhao Zhang
- Site Area: 70,276 sqm
- GFA: Total – 376,258 sqm
- Office: 146,741 sqm
- Residential: 131,690 sqm
- Retail: 75,252 sqm
- Hotel: 22,575 sqm
- Height: highest tower at 190m
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017
Article source: site specific – arquitectura, lda
The project was developed in the context of a close relationship between the Religious Congregation and the studio, which had its beginning with the renewal of Paulistas bookstores and has been developed over time, with the aim of reactivating some community assets together with the need to modernize the image of its commercial department.
Image Courtesy © do mal o menos . Eduardo Nascimento / João Fôja
- Architects: site specific – arquitectura, lda
- Project: Capela Jesus Mestre
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: do mal o menos . Eduardo Nascimento / João Fôja
- Client: Instituto Missionário Pio Sociedade de São Paulo
- Area: 350 m2
- Year: 2015
Monday, December 11th, 2017
Article source: 3XN
Can an arena be a good neighboor?
Large stadiums and music venues are often placed in the outskirts of cities, but not in Copenhagen. Royal Arena, a 35.000 square metre venue, has just opened in the middle of a residential area, and is designed by 3XN Architects together with HKS to be a good neighbour.
Image Courtesy © Adam Mørk
- Architects: 3XN
- Project: Royal Arena
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Adam Mørk and Rasmus Daniel Taun
- Client: Arena CPHX P/S
- Team: Kim Herforth Nielsen, Jan Ammundsen, Bo Boje Larsen, Peter Feltendal, Audun Opdal, Maria Tkacova, Jack Renteria, Robin Vind Christiansen, Dennis Carlsson, Andreas Herborg, Anja Pedersen, Bodil Nordstrøm, Christian Harald Hommelhoff Brink, Gry Kjær, Ida Schøning Greisen, Jakob Wojcik, Jan Park Sørensen, Jeanette Hansen, Juras Lasovsky, Laila Fyhn Feldthaus, Mads Mathias Pedersen, Marie Persson, Mikkel Vintersborg, Pernille Ulvig Sangvin, Sang Yeun Lee, Sebastian le Dantec Reinhardt, Simon Hartmann-Petersen, Stine de Bang, Sune Mogensen, Søren Nersting, Tobias Gagner, Torsten Wang, Henrik Rømer Kania
- Size: 37 000 m2
- Height: 35 m
- Capacity: 16,000
- Seating: 12,500
- Completion: 2017
Monday, November 20th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Hariri Pontarini Architects (HPA) and Pinnacle International have unveiled their design for the over four million square-foot property at One Yonge. The design was led by Micheal De Cotiis, President and CEO of Pinnacle International and David Ponatrini, Founding Principal of HPA, who consider this project a successful demonstration of collaboration between the City, Waterfront Toronto, Developer, and Architect.
View Looking South-East, Image Courtesy © Hariri Pontarini Architects
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: v2com
In the heart of Memphis, Tennessee is the awakened community of Crosstown. The genesis of this urban revival dates back to 1927, where a premier Sears retail store animated the community. At its height, this art-deco building housed 1,500 employees. Over time, shifting demographics and population depletion in Memphis’s urban core led to the store’s closure. As time passed, the 1.5 million sq ft building fell into disrepair. Some thought the building and community unsalvageable. Those some thought wrong. This is a story of the regeneration of an entire community-lost through strategic Urban Design by International Design firm, DIALOG.
Sears Crosstown is Reborn as Crosstown Concourse, Image Courtesy © Jamie Harmon
- Architects: DIALOG
- Project: Sears Department Store
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
- Photography: Jamie Harmon
Thursday, November 9th, 2017
Article source: PRODUCTORA
This Community Cultural Center exhibits the archeological and textile wealth of Teotitlán del Valle, a village in the Mexican state of Oaxaca. The principal volume, facing the village square, houses the Museum which will host the collections and activities of the present Teotitlán Museum of History. In formal terms, the project is governed by the aesthetics of the immediate context, which determine the height, color, and materials used. The secondary volume contains the Municipal Library and a service zone. The area occupied by both buildings on the site represents just 18% of the whole surface area, leaving a large public space of plaza and gardens. This helps to improve the pedestrian routes passing across the site and connecting with the main square, inserting the new public spaces created by the Cultural Center into the circuit of existing plazas that define the urban structure of the village.
Image Courtesy © Luis Gallardo
- Architects: PRODUCTORA ( Wonne Ickx, Abel Perles, Víctor Jaime )
- Project: Teotitlán del Valle Community Cultural Center
- Location: Teotitlán del Valle, Oaxaca, México
- Photography: Luis Gallardo
- Client: Municipality of Teotitlan del Valle
- Collaborators: Rosalía Yuste, Josue Palma, Pamela Martínez, Antonio Espinoza, Andrés Rivadeneyra, Iván Villegas
- Contractor: Bonarq (Ismael Rojas) |
- Structural Engineering: Kaltia Consultores (Verónica Correa) and DAE (Juan Felipe Heredia)
- Technical Engineering: BioE (Alejandro Lirusso)
- Surface: 1,700 m2
Friday, October 27th, 2017
Article source: Archimontage Design Fields Sophisticated
If considered a closed environment filled with the conditions conduce towards the use of human life. At least in principle of hedonism which consists of:
– A community where neighbors have many luxury cars.
– There is a playing yard for kids.
– The marsh near the house which we can see gaggles floating in the breeze.
– Sports Club for their evening workout.
– A large tree lined landscape not far from the fence house.
– A width road in front of the house but there are very few cars pass by. Yes, it’s very quiet too.
Image Courtesy © Beer Singnoi
- Architects: Archimontage Design Fields Sophisticated
- Project: Tiwanon House
- Location: Nonthaburi, Thailand
- Photography: Beer Singnoi
- Architect in Charge: Cherngchai Riawruangsangkul, Akeanan Janeium, Suphot Klinaphai, Thanakit Wiriyasathit, Tanakul Chukorn
- Area: 972 sq.m.
- Project Year: 2015
Monday, October 23rd, 2017
Article source: Warehouse
This project was conceived and designed by means of an extensive and highly participatory process, in which the communities of Terras da Costa were always present and actively involved in the discussion.
Image Courtesy © Warehouse
- Architects: Warehouse
- Project: Cozinha Comunitária das Terras da Costa
- Location: Costa da Caparica, Portugal
- Team: Warehouse + ateliermob
- Main Sponsor: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- Partners: Câmara Municipal de Almada, SMAS Almada, Casa do Vapor, Studio AH-HA, Eurostand, Investwood, Exemplo Concreto, F. S. Máquinas, Carpintaria SALFER, Tintas CIN, Electricista Paulo Filipe Rúben Teodoro, Ricardo Morais, Sebastião de Botton, João Peixe, Inês Paiva, Samuel Boche, Licia Soldavini, Martinho Pita, Diana Pereira
- Collaborators: Cindree; Maël Castellan; Severine Brug; Céline Lixon; Merril Sinéus; Diogo Anjos; Emeline Romanat; Marion Levoir; Noémie Paperin; Ana Catarino; Zé Nuno; Catarina Matos Silva; Sofi Sousa; Anna Ibraev; Luis de Botton; Mariana Pires; Bernardo Lourenço; Ana Rita Mendonça; José; Madalena Garnier Marques; Diogo; Etienne; Mariana Vargues; Inês Martins; Ana; Du Carvalho; Braíma; Hugo; Victor; Ivan; Sr.Mário; Sr.Duarte; Lizzi; Dona Victoria; Dona Fonzinha; Marta; Thierry Oliveira; Cecilia Valenti.
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017
Article source: Scenic Architecture Office
Dongyuan Qianxun community is in Xiangcheng District of Suzhou city, with Huangqiao Town in the north. There are residential lands in the east and the west, and Huqiu Wetland Park right on the southern side of the road. The community center is located in the southeast corner of the land, and is adjacent to two city roads.
Image Courtesy © Dongyuan Design
- Architects: Scenic Architecture Office (Du Shigang, LiCheng, FuRong, Luo Qi, Xiao Zaiyuan, Shang Yunpeng)
- Project: Dongyuan Qianxun Community Center
- Location: Xiangcheng, Suzhou, China
- Photography: Su shengliang, Dongyuan Design
- Design Principal: Zhu Xiaofeng
- Project Manager: Zhuang Xinjia
- Senior Designer: Shi Yin
- Field Designer: Sheng Tai
- LDI: Suzhou Architectural Design & Research Institute Ltd.
- Structural Consultant: Zhang Zhun
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 2238 sqm. (above ground) 1089 sqm. (underground)
- Completion Year: 2017.6
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Article source: Oficina de Arquitectura/ RAW/deAbajoGarcia
IMPLUVIUM is a large roof built with a laminated timber structure. Its components were industrialized and assembled on site, replacing a former market demolished after a fire. The roof, together with four boxes that arise from the ground, is the necessary infrastructure that allows many events to happen, both spontaneous and programmed under the same ceiling.
Image Courtesy © deAbajoGarcia
- Architects: Oficina de Arquitectura/ RAW/deAbajoGarcia (RAW/deAbajoGarcia, Begoña de Abajo Castrillo & Carlos García Fernández)
- Project: Impluvium
- Location:Plaza de Abastos S/N Reinosa, Cantabria, Spain
- Photography: Montse Zamorano
- Colaborators: Antonio Rincón, architect, Jesús Gangas, quantity surveyor, Miguel A. Palencia, quantity surveyor, Juan F. De la Torre
- Structure: (EUTECA SL)
- Mechanical: PROYECTA SL
- Contractor: Fernández Rosillo SL
- Built surface: 1500m2
- Date: 05.2014 – 09.2016