Archive for the ‘complex’ Category
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: MVRDV
Today Gérard Collomb, the Mayor of Lyon, officially announced MVRDV’s transformation of Lyon’s large Part-Dieu shopping centre, the centre piece in a major renovation which includes the surrounding district. The scheme looks to redefine the area’s public space by creating terraces and gardens that step up into the retail complex. The new complex keeps the original identity of the Part-Dieu shopping centre through the re-use and revitalisation of its iconic yet run-down façade, which will ‘evaporate’ as it reaches the new glazed extensions that open up onto the street.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Shopping centre Part-Dieu
- Location: Lyon, France
Friday, March 4th, 2016
Article source: Tailored design Lab
Fukuoka is a unique and vibrant city with a population of 1.5 million and is continuing to grow. The building site is located in a residential area and is three train stations away from the city-center, an area that is currently building 10-story high residences. The landlord requested the design and building of a rental complex in one section of a 3,000 m² site. A small hill opens toward the east; this has been a living area for a long time as ancient dwellings have been excavated here.
Image Courtesy © Yuji Nishijima
- Architects: Tailored design Lab
- Project: Between Trees
- Location: Fukuoka-city, Fukuoka, Japan
- Photography: Yuji Nishijima
- Contractor: Kai Kensetsu
- Structure: Reinforced Concrete
- Site Area: 673.45 m²
- Building Area: 175.20 m²
- Total Floor area: 411.20 m²
- Construction: 2013.10-2014.06
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Article source: Goettsch Partners, Inc.
Chicago-based architecture firm Goettsch Partners (GP) and Hong Kong-based multidisciplinary architecture and design studio Lead 8 have recently won the design competition for a new 264,000-square-meter multi-building mixed-use complex in Shanghai. The project is being developed by Financial Street Holding Co. Ltd., a leading commercial real estate developer based in Beijing, and will be located on two parcels just north of the Shanghai Railway Station.
Image Courtesy © Goettsch Partners, Inc.
- Architects: Goettsch Partners, Inc., LEAD 8
- Project: FINANCIAL STREET SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Article source: Salt & Water
The “Salt & Water” studio from Novi Sad, presents their latest project – the complete design for a luxury villa complex located on the stunning Adriatic coast in Montenegro.
Image Courtesy © Salt & Water
- Architects: Salt & Water
- Project: Luxury apartment complex
- Location: Montenegro, Balkans
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Article source: Emmanuel COMBAREL Dominique MARREC Architectes (ECDM)
The design of our project was developed to focus on three strong intentions structured by the heirloom of this singular parcel.
Above all is the question of the garden, this protected and timeless area that we perceive, and that we will be able to make visible. This is not only to respect an urban rule by returning the same volume of soil-grown, but also to preserve the maximum of an atypical plant heritage, to free the ground as much as possible to maximize the garden, and finally to structure it in order to generate depths of field and gradations in the perception.
Image Courtesy © Benoit Fougeirol
- Architects: Emmanuel COMBAREL Dominique MARREC Architectes (ECDM)
- Project: Villa Saxe
- Location: Avenue de Saxe, Paris (75), France
- Photography: Benoit Fougeirol
- Software used: Autocad
- Programm: Housing complex of 14 ownership programmes and 24 social housing
- Client: Ogic
- Surface: 2189 m² shon
- Completed: 2015
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
The new Port Centre unites many of the central functions at the Port of Aarhus in a central building complex, which is designed to form an extremely flexible facility.
The five-storey building, with a total area of 13,000 m², includes port administration offices, workshops and warehousing, a customer reception centre, security management, canteen and staff welfare facilities as well as a public cafeteria.
Image Courtesy © Julian Weyer
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: New Port Centre & HQ of the Port of Aarhus
- Location: Østhavnsvej, Port of Aarhus, Denmark
- Photography: Julian Weyer
- Landscape: C.F. Møller Landscape
- Team: C.F. Møller Architects is owned by a partner group consisting of Mårten Leringe*, Julian Weyer, Michael Kruse*, Lone Wiggers, Christian Dahle*, Mads Mandrup Hansen, Klaus Toustrup, Tom Danielsen and Klavs Hyttel (*associate partners).
- Engineer: MOE
- Awards: 1st Prize in competition, 2012
- Size: 13,000 m2
- Year: 2012-2016
Wednesday, January 13th, 2016
Article source: KIRAMET
The necessity of the museum complex \”Scythian Naples\” construction is determined by the fact that now \”Scythian Naples\” is the only scientific, cultural and educational institution in Crimea, which activity is focused on the Scythian subject matter. The ancient city of Scythian Naples itself is worldwide known as the capital Crimean fortress and the collections of its excavations are exhibited in the leading museums of Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Image Courtesy © KIRAMET
- Architects: KIRAMET
- Project: Museum complex \”Scythian Naples\”
- Location: Simferopol, Crimea
Thursday, January 7th, 2016
Article source: IROJE KHM Architects
In the night, this moving machine looks like huge, urban installation of pop art which shows interesting car parade of moving and flying…….
It is stand out at the prow of a shiplike tower clad in painted aluminum, a polycarbonate window reveals cars ascending and descending on steel lifts.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Pirrone
- Architects: IROJE KHM Architects
- Project: White Boat
- Location: Donggyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Photography: Sergio Pirrone
- Design team : SeungHee Song, JiYeon Kim
- U S E: Car-park Building
- Site area: 1833.70
- Bldg. area: 56.49
- Gross floor area : 464.32
- Structure : Steel-frame structure
- Exterior finishing : Colored aluminum sheet, Polycarbonate glass, Exposed concrete
- Interior finishing : Exposed plywood
Wednesday, December 16th, 2015
Article source: Schmidt hammer lassen architects
Saturday, 2 May 2015 marks the opening of Malmö Live, the new cultural centre in Malmö, Sweden. In 2010, schmidt hammer lassen architects in a team with Skanska, Nordic Choice Hotels Akustikon and SLA won a competition to design the 54,000m2 concert, congress and hotel complex. The masterplan also includes 27,000m2 for housing and commercial use.
Image Courtesy © Adam Mørk
- Architects: Schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Project: Malmö Live
- Location: Malmö, Sweden
- Photography: Adam Mørk
- Landscape architect: SLA
- Client: Concert Hall: City of Malmö, Hotel and congress: Skanska Sverige AB
- Other collaborators: Akustikon
- Contractor: Skanska Sverige AB
- Competition: International property development competition in 2010
- Area: Concert, congress and hotel: 54,000m2
- Status: Completed in 2015
Thursday, December 10th, 2015
Article source: ARCHETONIC
An exploration into the realm of nature and the man-made environment. A permanent duality in the relationship between man and his environment in order to adapt and find shelter.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: ARCHETONIC
- Project: Natura
- Location: Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- Software used: Autocad, 3D studio max, Artlantis, V-ray
- Architectural Project: Jacobo Micha Mizrahi
- Design Collaborators: Ernesto Rossell Zanotelli, Désirée Gómez Córdova, Alfredo Muñoz Jiménez, Alejandro Rabiela Salinas, Aldo Moreno Gamboa
- Construction Collaborators: Salomon Salame Micha, Rafael Salame Micha, José Luis Moreno Quinto, Enrique Gutierrez Herre
- Construction: Archetonic+Cinsa
- Structure: Ctc Ingenieros Civiles S.A. De C.V. / Carlos Tapia
- Technical Installations: High-Tech Service, Interbrax
- Area: 65,000 M2 / 670,000 Sq Ft
- Year: 2014