Archive for the ‘complex’ Category
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016
Article source: Fernandes Arquitetos Associados
The project rises in two attached sites strategically located in the Vila Nova district, in the center of the country town Indaiatuba, São Paulo, with potential to become a city landmark. The project envisages a residential building with 365 units ranging from 45,50m² to 190m², an office building, a hotel, and more than 90.000m² distributed in two shopping malls. It is also proposed the creation of a public square of nearly 4.000m² next to the access of one of the shopping and residential complex, in order to enhance their connection with the surroundings and the city.
Image Courtesy © Fernandes Arquitetos Associados
- Architects: Fernandes Arquitetos Associados
- Project: IN Mixed-Use Complex
- Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Software used: Revit and Lumion
- Site Area: 26.901,60m²
- Built Area: 543.520,36m²
Wednesday, April 13th, 2016
Article source: The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
The new 500,000 g.s.f. residential complex provides 1,500 beds in seven new buildings for the Honors Program at this University. The project brings together all classes of students in a mix of unit types, including approximately 600 beds of singles and doubles, and 900 beds in suites and apartments.
Image Courtesy © Robert Benson Photography
- Architects: William Rawn Associates, Architects, Inc.
- Project: Commonwealth Honors College, University of Massachusetts
- Location: Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
- Photography: Robert Benson Photography
- Structural Engineer: LeMessurier Consultants
- MEP/FP Engineer: Rist Frost Shumway Engineering
- Code Consultant: The Sullivan Group, R.W. Sullivan Engineering
- Interior Designer: Lab[3.2] Architecture
- Sustainable Design Consultant: The Green Engineer
- Landscape Architect/Civil Engineer: Stantec
- Geotechnical Engineer: McPhail Associates.
- Construction Manager: Dimeo Construction.
- OPM: Joslin, Lesser + Associates, Inc.
Friday, March 25th, 2016
Article source: STRATO/martino fraschetti vincenzo tattolo
Located in Castel del Monte, Andria (BT), the complex is surrounded by a wonderfull landscape and has a great view to the castle and the surrounding hills. The Agriturism is made up by a group of pre-existing buildings including a small trullo renovated according to the local tradition: the interior spaces have been reinterpreted into a new architectural project with new functions adapted to the hostes’ needs. The outdoor areas are an extension of the interior spaces.
Image Courtesy © STRATO/martino fraschetti vincenzo tattolo
Thursday, March 10th, 2016
Article source: kalout architect studio
The location of the Emam Reza religious and cultural complex in the cultural zone of Tehran (the capital of Iran) oriented the project towards creating an urban space for social interaction and participation of different generations and social groups.
Image Courtesy © Parham Taghiof
- Architects: kalout architect studio
- Project: IMAM REZA COMPLEX
- Location: Tehran, imam hossein sq, Iran
- Photography: Parham Taghiof
- Project team: Nasim Alavi, Shima Mavedati, Navaz Foladzari, Masoud Roknipour, Anahita Basiri, Atefeh Ahoie, Ghazal Refalian, Reza Valajam, Bijan Vaziri, Mohammad Karimi, Farnosh Esmaili, Hoshiar teimori
- Architects in charge: Saeed reza Boreiri, Samaneh Ghasempour
- Adviser: Mehdi hojat
- Art consultant: Bita shekari
- Structure design: Behrang Baniadam
- Mechanical design: Jafar Asadi
- Electrical design: Mohammad reza Hosseini (more…)
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: MVRDV
Today Gérard Collomb, the Mayor of Lyon, officially announced MVRDV’s transformation of Lyon’s large Part-Dieu shopping centre, the centre piece in a major renovation which includes the surrounding district. The scheme looks to redefine the area’s public space by creating terraces and gardens that step up into the retail complex. The new complex keeps the original identity of the Part-Dieu shopping centre through the re-use and revitalisation of its iconic yet run-down façade, which will ‘evaporate’ as it reaches the new glazed extensions that open up onto the street.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Shopping centre Part-Dieu
- Location: Lyon, France
Friday, March 4th, 2016
Article source: Tailored design Lab
Fukuoka is a unique and vibrant city with a population of 1.5 million and is continuing to grow. The building site is located in a residential area and is three train stations away from the city-center, an area that is currently building 10-story high residences. The landlord requested the design and building of a rental complex in one section of a 3,000 m² site. A small hill opens toward the east; this has been a living area for a long time as ancient dwellings have been excavated here.
Image Courtesy © Yuji Nishijima
- Architects: Tailored design Lab
- Project: Between Trees
- Location: Fukuoka-city, Fukuoka, Japan
- Photography: Yuji Nishijima
- Contractor: Kai Kensetsu
- Structure: Reinforced Concrete
- Site Area: 673.45 m²
- Building Area: 175.20 m²
- Total Floor area: 411.20 m²
- Construction: 2013.10-2014.06
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Article source: Goettsch Partners, Inc.
Chicago-based architecture firm Goettsch Partners (GP) and Hong Kong-based multidisciplinary architecture and design studio Lead 8 have recently won the design competition for a new 264,000-square-meter multi-building mixed-use complex in Shanghai. The project is being developed by Financial Street Holding Co. Ltd., a leading commercial real estate developer based in Beijing, and will be located on two parcels just north of the Shanghai Railway Station.
Image Courtesy © Goettsch Partners, Inc.
- Architects: Goettsch Partners, Inc., LEAD 8
- Project: FINANCIAL STREET SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Article source: Salt & Water
The “Salt & Water” studio from Novi Sad, presents their latest project – the complete design for a luxury villa complex located on the stunning Adriatic coast in Montenegro.
Image Courtesy © Salt & Water
- Architects: Salt & Water
- Project: Luxury apartment complex
- Location: Montenegro, Balkans
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Article source: Emmanuel COMBAREL Dominique MARREC Architectes (ECDM)
The design of our project was developed to focus on three strong intentions structured by the heirloom of this singular parcel.
Above all is the question of the garden, this protected and timeless area that we perceive, and that we will be able to make visible. This is not only to respect an urban rule by returning the same volume of soil-grown, but also to preserve the maximum of an atypical plant heritage, to free the ground as much as possible to maximize the garden, and finally to structure it in order to generate depths of field and gradations in the perception.
Image Courtesy © Benoit Fougeirol
- Architects: Emmanuel COMBAREL Dominique MARREC Architectes (ECDM)
- Project: Villa Saxe
- Location: Avenue de Saxe, Paris (75), France
- Photography: Benoit Fougeirol
- Software used: Autocad
- Programm: Housing complex of 14 ownership programmes and 24 social housing
- Client: Ogic
- Surface: 2189 m² shon
- Completed: 2015
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
The new Port Centre unites many of the central functions at the Port of Aarhus in a central building complex, which is designed to form an extremely flexible facility.
The five-storey building, with a total area of 13,000 m², includes port administration offices, workshops and warehousing, a customer reception centre, security management, canteen and staff welfare facilities as well as a public cafeteria.
Image Courtesy © Julian Weyer
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: New Port Centre & HQ of the Port of Aarhus
- Location: Østhavnsvej, Port of Aarhus, Denmark
- Photography: Julian Weyer
- Landscape: C.F. Møller Landscape
- Team: C.F. Møller Architects is owned by a partner group consisting of Mårten Leringe*, Julian Weyer, Michael Kruse*, Lone Wiggers, Christian Dahle*, Mads Mandrup Hansen, Klaus Toustrup, Tom Danielsen and Klavs Hyttel (*associate partners).
- Engineer: MOE
- Awards: 1st Prize in competition, 2012
- Size: 13,000 m2
- Year: 2012-2016