Archive for the ‘complex’ Category
Tuesday, December 19th, 2017
Article source: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
The architectonic project for the Klabin Research, Development and Innovation Center, installed near to the main entrance of Vila Harmonia, Telêmaco Borba, PR, has as guide line, the integration of the architecural ensemble to the surrounding landscape, a quite and pleasant space, especially chosen by the Managers Fabio Schvartsman and Francisco Cesar Razzolini. The area is right in the middle of the generous woods that define the compact green belt around the Unity Klabin Monte Alegre, defined and opened in the forties (1940), for the production of quality paper in total respect to the evironment.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Kok
- Architects: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
- Project: P&D+I KLABIN Center
- Location: Monte Alegre, Telêmaco Borba, Paraná State, Brazil
- Photography: Pedro Kok
- Colaborators Architects: Luiza Garry Leptich, Carlos Eduardo Valbusa, Elisa Relva Basso, Marco Antônio D’Delia, Ricardo Marmorato, Laís Oliveira Xavier, Bianca Dunder.
- Area: 15.000m2
- Main Building: 3.006m2
- Beginning: September, 2015
- Conclusion: May, 2017
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
Article source: STEVEN HOLL ARCHITECTS
The new Lewis Arts complex on the south edge of campus, adjacent to McCarter Theatre Center, takes the arts at Princeton University to even greater heights by significantly expanding the performance, rehearsal and teaching spaces for the arts in new, state-of-the-art facilities. The complex creates a new campus gateway, shaping campus space while maximizing porosity and movement.
Image Courtesy © Paul Warchol
- Architects: STEVEN HOLL ARCHITECTS
- Project: Lewis Arts complex
- Location: Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- Photography: Paul Warchol
- Project size: 145,000 square feet
- Construction commencement: February 2014
- Construction completion: September 2017
Wednesday, October 25th, 2017
Article source: Architects NRT Ltd
The former main building of the Helsinki University of Technology took on a new role when three universities were merged as Aalto University in 2010. The Otaniemi Campus designed by Alvar Aalto was chosen as the shared home of the Aalto Schools of Engineering, Business and
Arts & Design.
Image Courtesy © Tuomas Uusheimo
- Architects: Architects NRT Ltd
- Project: Aalto University, Otakaari 1
- Location: Otakaari 1, 02100 ESPOO, Helsinki, Finland
- Photography: Tuomas Uusheimo
- Software used: ArchiCAD versios 13-16 and we also used several other programs for text editing, listings, and layouts.
- Detailed information: Former TKK main building Original design by Alvar Aalto 1964 Phase 2-4 renovation
- Client/Contractor: Aalto University Properties Ltd.
- Project acquisition method: Bidding competition 2009
Tuesday, October 24th, 2017
Article source: v2com
La Barquière is a 62-housing project located in the 9th district of Marseille (France). The urban neighbourhood offers to the project a unique setting. Drawn in keeping with its context, this project respects all the family owner wishes. The owner wanted to keep the old building dated from the 18th century. The existing old building and the wooded environment proximity forced the project to become part of a complex height.
Image Courtesy © Mathieu Ducros
- Architects: Pietri Architectes
- Project: La Barquière
- Location: Marseille, France
- Photography: Mathieu Ducros, Nicolas Vaccaro
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
There is a clear trend in leading cities worldwide towards urban transformation that is above all the result of social and demographic evolution, reconciling densities and land uses to trigger development.
“Parque Toreo” was designed as a mixed-use complex and as a prime example of this phenomenon of urbanization. The site is located in Naucalpan, State of Mexico, the most developed suburban area with significant commerce to the north of Mexico City. It measures 46,793.57 sqm and includes access to main roads such as: Periférico Norte, Río San Joaquín Avenue and Parque de Chapultepec Avenue.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: Parque Toreo
- Location: Naucalpan, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leader: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Jorge Isaías
- Client: Grupo Danhos
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
Article source: ADEPT
The design of the Cubic Houses aims to balance the client’s wish for a large amount of square meters with the envisioned character of urban life in the area. The result is a residential complex that breaks down the building volume into several individual ‘cubes’ – stacked and shifted on top of each other.
Image Courtesy © ADEPT
- Architects: ADEPT
- Project: Cubic Houses
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Size: 8.000 m2
- Year: 2017
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
Article source: ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
The Residential plot is composed by 7 linear buildings set along a continuous path around two land areas: Rc1, including buildings C1- C2-C3 and Rc2 with buildings C4-C5-C6-C7. The land areas are divided by a strip of public park.
Image Courtesy © David Bombelli
- Architects: ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
- Project: City Life Milano Residential Complex
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: David Bombelli, Gionata Xerra
- Project Director: Gianluca Racana
- Project Architect: Maurizio Meossi
- Design Team: Vincenzo Barilari, Cristina Capanna, Giacomo Sanna, Paola Bettinsoli, Gianluca Bilotta, Fabio Ceci,Veronica Erspamer, Arianna Francioni, Stefano Iacopini, Mario Mattia, Serena Pietrantonj, Florindo Ricciuti, Giulia Scaglietta, Giovanna Sylos Labini, Anja Simons, Marta Suarez, Tamara Tancorre, Giuseppe Vultaggio, Massimiliano Piccinini, Samuele Sordi, Alessandra Belia
- Site Supervision Team: Cristina Capanna, Veronica Erspamer, Stefano Iacopini, Giulia Scaglietta, Florindo Ricciuti
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
CAZA’s inaugural project in Colombia, La 100 is comprised of a cluster of high-end offices, hotels, and residential buildings in one of the city’s most densely populated areas. Each building is a unique color, playing off the long-held tradition of building with vibrantly pigmented bricks in Colombia. The backside of each building has a series of terraces that look out towards the Cerros mountain range. Throughout this expansive complex of mixed-use towers are a series of parks and public areas that unify the people and activities that occupy this fast-changing Bogota neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © CAZA
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: La 100
- Location: Bogota, Colombia
- Project Team: Carlos Arnaiz, Laura Del Pino
- Status: Concept Design (more…)
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017
Article source: C.F. Møller
The hospital complex of RWTH Aachen will be expanded with a new building, containing a central surgery area, including intensive care units and a new public entrance hall. State-of-the-art surgeries and ICUs make it the most important component of Aachen‘s healthcare provision. With their design on the area of the landmarked complex HENN + C.F. Møller Architects could prevail against twelve other offices.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller
- Architects: C.F. Møller
- Project: Iconic hospital complex
- Location: GERMANY
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
Article source: OBR – Open Building Research
Milanofiori Residential Complex is part of a cluster characterized by a series of functions (offices, hotels, restaurants, cinemas, residences), which has deeply contributed to the improvement of the surrounding area of Assago, in South Milan.The design of the Residential Complex seeks a symbiosis between architecture and landscape, so that the synthesis of artificial and natural elements could define the quality of living and the sense of belonging of the inhabitants. The interface between the building and the garden catalyses the interaction between man and environment.
Image Courtesy ©OBR – Open Building Research
- Architects: OBR – Open Building Research
- Project: Milanofiori Residential Complex
- Location: Via Roggia Bartolomea, Assago Milano
- Dimensions: site area 30,000 sqm, built area 27,400 sqm
- Completion: 2010