Archive for the ‘complex’ Category
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Article source: SCHULITZ Architekten
The renovation and modernization works transformed the existing stadium into a modern complex for professional sports, including football for the local club „Eintracht Braunschweig“, American football for the „Braunschweig Lions“, as well as athletic competitions on national and international level.
Image Courtesy © Nina Stiller
- Architects: SCHULITZ Architekten
- Project: Eintracht-Stadion Braunschweig
- Location: Braunschweig, Germany
- Photography: Nina Stiller
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014
Article source: Natura Futura Arquitectura
¨When i was a girl, i enjoyed a lot in the home of family ranch, the feeling of freedom that it generated looking out of the window; when I came to live in the city, the feeling was lost … today I feel it again … ¨ Magaly Villalba, owner.
Image Courtesy © José Gómez
- Architects: Natura Futura Arquitectura
- Project: Casa Infinita
- Location: Babahoyo, Los Ríos, Ecuador
- Photography: José Gómez
- Architects in charge: José Fernando Gómez M.
- Software used: Autocad
- Year: 2014
Thursday, December 18th, 2014
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
The first phase of the sculptural, 18-storey landmark residential complex located on the Stockholm waterfront in Bromma, overlooking Lake Mälaren, is completed and fully occupied.
Image Courtesy © Morgan Ekner
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: Alvik Tower
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Photography: Morgan Ekner, Mattias Hamren
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: MAD Architects
Beijing, 2014/12/11 – Led by Ma Yansong, MAD Architects won a competition to lead the rebuilding for 71 Via Boncompagni in the heart of Rome in early 2010. After four years of design development and hearings, the project was recently approved by the Rome Planning, Programming and Implementation Department, and Rome City Council. The project now enters the implementation phase, and will become MAD’s first realized project in Europe.
Image Courtesy © MAD Architects
- Architects: MAD Architects
- Project: First European Project to Be Implemented
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Directors in Charge: Ma Yansong, Dang Qun, Yosuke Hayano
- Design Team: Zhao Wei, Achille Tortini, Gustavo van Staveren, Giannantonio Bongiorno, Jei Kim, Elin Thorisdottir
- Local Architect: I.SI. Engineer
- Urban Planner: Studio Busnengo
- Structural Engineering: Tecnic Consulting Engineer S.P.A.
- Associate Partner in Charge: Andrea D’Antrassi
- Status: Design in-progress
- Site Area: 6,268 sqm
- Building Area: Around 20,000 sqm
- Building Height: 28.5 m
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: SYAA
The construction of a Modern Museum of Natural Science, equipped according to the latest requirements, may represent for Constanta, for the region, and for Romania a huge opportunity to attract tourists, being unique in this part of Europe for its size. Therefore, to further increase its attractiveness and make it an important point in the Black Sea tourist track, we designed it as an amusement and leisure park, with a rich offering of activities to meet the different public group demands.
Image Courtesy © SYAA
- Architects: SYAA
- Project: New Natural Science Museum Complex
- Location: Constanta, Romania
- Design team: Eliza Yokina, Adrian Soare, Elena Dragu, Sebastian Lupea, Irina Plopeanu
- Client: The Territorial Council of Constanta
- Plot area: 13ha
- Built area: 79.520sqm
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Article source: Germán del Sol
17 slate covered pools of natural hot springs waters that flow in plenty along a mountain stream, in the midst of the native forest of the Villarrica National Park in Chile’s southern Lake Country,450 miles south of Santiago.
Image Courtesy © Germán del Sol
- Architects: Germán del Sol
- Project: TERMAS GEOMETRICAS HOT SPRINGS COMPLEX
- Location: Coñaripe, Villarrica National Park, Km 16, road from Coñaripe to Palguín, Los Lagos Region, Chile
- Colaborators: José Luis Ibañez, Architect, Carlos Venegas, Architect, José Inostroza
- Structural Engineering: Fernando del Sol V
- Job Captain: Eliseo Barriga
- Surface Area: 2.290 sqm,Site Area: 4.700 sqm, Changing Rooms (17) 79 sqm, Bathrooms (4) 19 sqm, Quincho (meeting place) 60 sqm, Pools (17) 507 sqm, Wooden Paths 476 m long.
- Consultant: Sanitary Consultant, Francisco Cervantes.
- 1st Project Phase Dates: 2002 – 2004.
- 2nd Project Phase Dates: 2007 – 2009.
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Article source: Hunter Douglas
Completed part of the building is only the first half of the tender winning project that is comprised of complex content structures (apartments, offices, shops, school ….). Hybrid content structure is materialized as building with extremely simple volume, in front of which, the streaming central pedestrian axis of Vrbani III stretches towards landscaped public space.
Image Courtesy © Hunter Douglas
- Architects: Hunter Douglas
- Project: Vrbani III
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
- Team: Studio A (Mr. Nenad Kondza) and Studio Za Arhitekturu (Mr. Igor Franic)
- Product: Terrart Light
- Investor: Zagrebgradnja
Saturday, November 15th, 2014
Article source: LEESER Architecture
LEESER Architecture is pleased to announce that the EM Quartier luxury retail complex in Bangkok has been honored with the 2014 Asia Property Award for Best Commercial Architectural Design.
Image Courtesy © LEESER Architecture
- Architects: LEESER Architecture
- Project: EM Quartier luxury retail complex
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Article source: Girimun Ltd
MegaBox is a shopping, dining and entertainment destination in East Kowloon, Hong Kong. This vertical mall is spread into 19 levels with a total area of 110,000 sqm. Our renovation design aims to bring a new fresh look onto the concept of a “big box” of di versified offer, and promote significant changes for a smoother operation and better customer satisfaction. Those are: creation of clear drop-off and pick -up zones, strong and comfortable sense of arrival, implementation of effective digital way-finding and directories signage, improvement of vertical circulation strategy, enhancement of lighting and general ambiance.
Image Courtesy © Girimun Ltd
- Architects: Girimun Ltd
- Project: Mega Box
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Type: Retail centre renovation
- Size: 110,000 sqm
- Client: Kerry Properties
- Architect Team: Mauro Resnitzky
Friday, October 10th, 2014
Article source: Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF)
“Now that the structural frame is complete, to wander inside a series of curved concrete ribs is something like it must be to see a whale skeleton from the inside. Herman Melville would be inspired.” Design Principal James von Klemperer
On September 26th Tianjin celebrates the Grand Opening of Riverside 66. The 350-meter long megastructrure will now complete the final phase of the He Ping Lu pedestrian boulevard, becoming the centerpiece of the new commercial district while marking its presence monumentally from the revitalized Hai He River and creating a new public experience for the city.“The project itself is conceived of as public space where the building intentionally engages the urban traffic and fosters user interaction,” says Jeffrey Kenoff, Director and Senior Designer at KPF. “Clearly the project needed to operate for a retail and multi program environment, but it also wanted to be a social network to embrace, represent and activate a local community.”
Image Courtesy © Tim Griffith
- Architects: Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF)
- Project: Tianjin Riverside 66
- Location: Tianjin, China
- Photography: Tim Griffith
- Client: Hang Lung Properties Limited
- Managing Principal: Paul Katz, FAIA
- Design Principal: James von Klemperer, FAIA
- Director/Senior Designer: Jeffrey Kenoff, AIA