Archive for the ‘Concert hall’ Category
Sunday, July 1st, 2012
Article source: Cannon Design
A world-class concert hall designed for the Kaokaoshina New District – an emerging art and cultural hub in Ordos City, in southwestern Inner Mongolia – is equipped to attract renowned performers from around the globe. Located at the intersection of two of the city’s major arteries, the concert hall is both integral to the art and culture of the district and an iconic gateway to the city itself.
Ordos Concert Hall
- Architects: Cannon Design
- Project: Ordos Concert Hall
- Location: Inner Mongolia, China
- Client: Ordos JiangYuan Reservoir Co., Ltd.
Tuesday, June 19th, 2012
Article source: HOFRICHTER-RITTER Architects
In comparison to the local surroundings, the distinctive architecture of the hall marks the attempt to provide a new highlight in a highly heterogeneous and, in terms of scale, non-homogeneous structure of a rural settlement. The hall has been deliberately designed as a venue for everyone; it stands apart from its neighbouring buildings and almost looks like a UFO that has just landed.
Image Courtesy Paul Ott
- Architects: HOFRICHTER-RITTER Architects
- Project: Meeting Hall Gosdorf
- Location: Gosdorf, Styria, Austria
- Area: about 750 m2
- Finishing Time: November 2011
- Photographer: Paul Ott
Saturday, February 18th, 2012
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
More projects by Zaha Hadid
Zaha Hadid Architects have created a unique chamber music hall specially designed to house solo performances of the exquisite music of Johann Sebastian Bach. A voluminous ribbon swirls within the room, carving out a spatial and visual response to the intricate relationships of Bach’s harmonies. As the ribbon careens above the performer, cascades into the ground and wraps around the audience, the original room as a box is sculpted into fluid spaces swelling,merging, and slipping through one another.
- Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Name of Project: JS Bach Chamber Music Hall
- Location: Manchester, UK
- Type: Music Hall
- Date: 2009
- Client: Manchester International Festival
Wednesday, February 1st, 2012
Article source: Shim-Sutcliffe Architects
The Integral House creates a place for architecture, music, and performance located at the threshold between Toronto’s urban fabric and its extensive natural ravine system. In the project’s program brief, our client clearly articulated his dual passion for mathematics and music and his interest in curvilinear shapes resulting in spatially complex volumes.
Image Courtesy James Dow
- Architects: Shim-Sutcliffe Architects
- Project: Integral House
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Acoustical: Swallow Consultants
- Engineer: Blackwell Bowick Partnership; DT Prohaska Engineering Dynamic Designs and Engineering Inc.; Toews Engineering
- Fountain Consultant: Waterarchitecture Inc.
- General Contractor: Eisner Murray Custom Builders
- Interior Design: Decisive Moment
- Landscape Architect: NAK Design Group
- Lighting Design: Suzanne Powadiuk Design Inc.
- Photography: Ed Burtynsky, James Dow, Bob Gundu
- Software used: The design was developed though hand drafting and physical model building techniques. The working drawings for construction were further developed using AutoCAD, along with some additional hand drafting. Some of the custom hardware pieces – such as the door handles and glass clips for the blue glass stair were developed using Rhinoceros NURBS modeling. The design process was iterative – typically it would start with a hand sketch, or a physical model, which would then be further developed using AutoCAD, and / or Rhino, depending on the item.
Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
More projects by Zaha Hadid
Linking city to river promenade, the new Beethoven Symphony Hall rises – a beacon of light, a porous multifaceted crystalline mass, growing out of earth, floating on water. This iconic structure, its two embedded performance spaces softly visible from without, becomes a ‘performer’ in its own right after dark.
Beethoven Concert Hall
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Beethoven Concert Hall
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Competition Team: Kristof Crolla, Tom Wuenschmann, Evan Erlebacher, Andres Schenker, Chryssanthi Perpatidou, Elizabeth Bishop, Michael Powers, Teoman N. Ayas, Michael Mader, Goswin Rosenthal, Tariq Khayyat, Yelda Gin
- Structural / Facade: Bollinger & Grohmann (Frankfurt)
- Acoustics / Venue: Arup (London, UK); Arup (Berlin)
- Cost / QS: SENSE (London)
- Lighting: Brandi (Hamburg)
- Orchestra: Aldo Ceccato (Milan)
Friday, October 28th, 2011
Article source: Kauffmann Theilig & Partner
Frankfurt’s Festival Hall once again played host to Mercedes-Benz at the IAA International Motor Show (September 13 – 25, 2011) where the “pulse” of a new generation of automobiles was on display. The exhibition design by architectural firm Kauffmann Theilig & Partner and Frankfurt-based Atelier Markgraph was a continuation of this years running-theme: 125 years since the invention of the automobile. This is the 9th consecutive collaboration between the two.
Image Courtesy Andreas Keller, Altdorf
- Architects: Kauffmann Theilig & Partner
- Project: Mercedes-Benz at the IAA 2011 Frankfurt Festival Hall
- Location: Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage 1, D-60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Client: Daimler AG, Mercedes-Benz Cars BC/BP
- Communication and media design: Atelier Markgraph, Frankfurt am Main
- Construction: Display International Schwendinger, Würselen
- Photography: Andreas Keller, Altdorf
Thursday, September 15th, 2011
Article source: OMA
The site is 150 acres of agricultural land at the edge of Toulouse, near a large international airport serving the region, and one of the largest and economically important Airbus factories in the city. The client – Société Publique Locale d’Améngement (SPLA) – has decided to relocate the existing Parc des Expositions (PEX) in Toulouse from the city centre to this new location in order to be “closer to the infrastructure and services consistent with economic development of the city”.
Event Hall with Massive Doorway Opened (Copyright OMA)
- Architect: OMA
- Name of Project: PEX Toulouse
- Location: Toulouse, France
- Status: Design development
- Client: Société Publique Locale d’Améngement (SPLA)
- Photos: Franz Parthesius, Hans Werlemann
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011
Article source: WSDG
WSDG CRITICAL ANALYSIS FOR SWITZERLAND’S KKL LUZERN CONCERT HALL ELECTRO ACOUSTIC UPGRADE
LUZERN, SWITZERLAND: From its opening performance by the Berlin Philharmonic in August 1998, the KKL Luzern Grand Concert Hall was recognized as one of the world’s great performance centers. An international landmark, both architecturally and culturally, the complex attracts music fans from around the world to its picturesque lakeside setting.
Friday, May 20th, 2011
3XNs proposal for the Dublin National Concert Hall is a sculptural showcase which creates a magnificent new home for music, while also providing a framework for the historical context upon which the new concert hall sits. The new building provides a zone where the urban and park settings come together expressing their own symphony in addition to the music coming from within.
National Concert Hall
- Architects: 3XN Architect
- Project: National Concert Hall
- Location: Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin
- Client: National Development Finance Agency (NDFA)
- Size: 28,232 m2
Thursday, April 28th, 2011
The Sinfonia Varsovia Garden – to become a cultural centre for music lovers – a place of meeting and experience exchange between professionals or public recipients. It holds multiple possibilities for musical activities and performances.
Sinfonia Varsovia Concert Hall
- Architects: Atelier Thomas Pucher
- Project: Sinfonia Varsovia Concert Hall
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Acoustical Engineering: BBM MÜLLER
- Structural Engineering: PETER MANDL structural engineers
- Mechanical Engineering: KCE mechanical Engineers
- Green Building Certification: GOBLI BAUENGINEERING
- Client: Sinfonia Varsovia Orchestra in Warsaw
- Construction sum: € 110 million
- Competition: 2010, 1st prize in open international competition
- Status: Completion 2016