Archive for the ‘Conference Center’ Category
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013
Article source: h2o Architectes
The client’s specific request for this press conference room was to create a project that would be both contemporary and timeless at the same time in order to match the Institution that it would represent. We aimed to transform this “technical tool” into a space of representation and communication for the Minister and its politicians. A high number of technical equipments and utilities needed to be integrated in the suspended ceilling in order to a clear a clean, bright and sun filled space.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Chalmeau
- Architects: h2o Architectes
- Project: Press Conference Room
- Location: Rue de Varenne, Paris, France
- Photography: Stéphane Chalmeau
- Program: Press Conference Room for the French Ministery of Agriculture in a 19th century building listed as a Historical Monument
- Client: French Ministery of Agriculture
- Team: h2o architectes with Engineering
– Ingénierie Louis Choulet, HVAC
– Cabinet Virtz, Economist
– BMI, Structural Engineer
– Scène, Scenography
- Project area: 100m²
- Delivery: December 2010
- Software used: Rhino & AutoCAD
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
Article source: Cor & Asociados
The Confederation of Employers of Albacete (FEDA) is a nonprofit organization representing and supporting the business network in the Region. Due to the evolution of its activities and growth of services, the organization raised the idea of bringing together in a sole building all the installations that were scattered throughout the city of Albacete. This idea was the seed of this project.
Image Courtesy © David Frutos
- Architects: Cor & Asociados
- Project: FEDA Headquarters: Confederation of Employers
- Location: Albacete, Spain
- Photography: David Frutos
- Photo Construction: Luisa Martí
- Client: Confederación de Empresarios de Albacete Feda
- Status: Completed
- Colaborators: Mar Melgarejo Torralba and Ayara Mendo Pérez (Conceptual design); Rubén Perea Ibáñez, Oscar Carpio Rodríguez and Juan M. Sánchez Guitiérrez (Constraction’s project phase); José Verdú Montesionos (Building Eng.); Soledad Rodríguez Capuano (Model); José M. Noguera Pardo (3D views)
- Use: Office, conferences, meeting, education.
- Site: Albacete, España. 39º 00’ 25.49” N 1º 51’ 32.22” W
- Area: 4.375 m2
- Cost: 3.149.842 € (excluding V.A.T.)
Thursday, December 13th, 2012
Article source: GPY Arquitectos
The San Bernardo Cultural Centre is located in a rural town, on a small plot with a basically square ground plan, fifteen metres per side. The programme for the Centre includes an assembly hall, which is to operate as a multipurpose space for holding conferences, exhibitions and performances, and three workshops, also seen as highly versatile spaces that can operate as classrooms, meeting rooms or as a small library, depending of the needs of each moment.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán
- Architects: GPY Arquitectos – Juan Antonio González Pérez, Urbano Yanes Tuña
- Project: San Bernardo Cultural Centre
- Location: Plaza San Bernardo, Los Silos, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán, José Ramón Oller, J.A. González, Urbano Yanes
- Client: Tenerife Island Council
- Contract: UTE Centro Cultural San Bernardo
- Constructed Surface: 494,50 sqm
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Awards: ar+d Award for Emerging Architects. Prize Winner.
Premios FAD de Arquitectura e Interiorismo. Finalist.
Premio Manuel de Oráa y Arcocha. Honourable Mention.
Friday, November 30th, 2012
Article source: Marcy Wong Donn Logan Architects
The Bechtel Conference Center is designed to communicate the values of The Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC), a San-Francisco-based think-tank dedicated to public policy decision-making through nonpartisan research and dialogue. The Center, located on the ground floor of PPIC’s downtown San Francisco office building, reflects the organization’s ideals of openness and cooperative communication.
Image Courtesy Marcy Wong Donn Logan Architects
- Architects: Marcy Wong Donn Logan Architects
- Project: Bechtel Conference Center at PPIC
- Location: San Francisco, California, USA
- Software used: For the wood fin geometry in the conference center, used Rhino at the concept phase to quickly study different forms. Then used AutoCAD to develop the design and create profile for each one of the 297 pieces for production.
Wednesday, October 17th, 2012
Article source: K2S Architects
The granite Paasitorni fortress was originally built for the use of Helsinki labor movement. Now the block functions as a successful conference center. Paasitorni Hotel comprises of two existing buildings and a new wing hidden behind early 20-century and 1950s facades.
Image Courtesy Marko Huttunen
- Architects: K2S Architects Ltd.
- Project: Hotel Paasitorni
- Location: Paasitorni, Finland
- Architects: Kimmo Lintula, Niko Sirola and Mikko Summanen
- Client: HWA Helsinki Workers Association
- User: Helsinki Congress Paasitorni, Scandic Hotels, Graniittiravintolat Restaurants
- Built area: 11400 m² (gross)
- Design phase: 09/2008 – 01/2010
- Construction phase: 02/2010 – 06/2012
- Photos: Marko Huttunen
- Software used: Autocad architecture 2012; Rhino 4; Maxwell Render 1.7; Blender 2.49
Tuesday, September 18th, 2012
Article source: MHM architects
Already for many years the therapeutical treatment of physical and emotional disturbances or illnesses by the application of light has been acknowledged medically. Light has different effects on the human body depending on the spectral colour: so a firm red has an exciting effect while violet light seems calming.
Image Courtesy © Paul Ott photografiert
- Architects: MHM architects
- Project: Seminar and Conference Cristal
- Location: 9991 Iselsberg, eastern Tyrol, Austria
- General design & Planning: MHM architects, Vienna Matthias Molzbichler, Sebastian Haselsteiner, Florian Molzbichler
- Consultants: Statics & structural calculations – Fritsch, Chiari& Partner, Vienna Building equipment & services – Zentraplan, Wr. Neustadt
- General contractor: STRABAG Villach Austria
- Planned in: 2007
- Build in: 2009
- Photos: Paul Ott (© Paul Ott photografiert), Hertha Hurnaus (© Hertha Hurnaus)
- Software used: AutoCAD and photoshop
Friday, July 13th, 2012
Article source: Tabanlioglu Architects
Tabanlıoğlu Architects was established by Arch. Murat Tabanlıoğlu in collaboration with Dr. Hayati Tabanlıoğlu in 1990; Arch. Melkan Gürsel Tabanlıoğlu joined the group in 1995. Employing more then 80 architects and 20 administrative staff members, Tabanlioglu head office is located in Istanbul, Turkey.
Sipopo Congress Center
Wednesday, June 6th, 2012
Article source: Zephyr Architects
As the central piece of architecture for the Guanggu Bio-lake campus, this reception center houses exhibition space, conference rooms and administration offices.
The building sits between a main plaza and central lake. In a comparatively small piece of land, the architecture seeks to have a strong symbolic character. In order to increase the overall impact of the architecture, the mass is treated as a sculpture in shape and texture. This site is surrounded by buildings with varying viewpoints of the main project. The multi-faceted box produces a façade of ever-changing viewpoints.
Exterior view (Image Courtesy Yao Li)
- Architects: Zephyr Architects
- Project: Guanggu Bio-Lake Reception Center
- Location: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Client: Bio-Lake Commission
- Program: Exhibition, Conference, administrative offices
- Gross Floor Area: 3,540 SqM
- Design Period: 2008-2009
- Construction Period: 2009-2010
- Architectural Design: Zephyr (US) Architects P.C.
- Design team: Fu Dong, Zhao Zhonggui, Yang Ching-Chi, Ding Junmei, Yu Tong
- Associate Architect: Wuhan Oule
- Photographs: Yao Li
Friday, May 25th, 2012
Article source: OFIS Arhitekti
GREEN ATRIUMS AS DIVIDERS OF THE SPACE
The new volume is positioned behind the existing villa with individual cut outs – “green bays” in function of the extended external park coming into the pavilion.
Inside they form divisions between internal spaces and create dynamic, light and calming atmosphere.
- Architects: OFIS Arhitekti
- Project: Crossroad offices
- Location: Leechgase , Graz, Austria
- Type: office, lecture halls
- Client: private
- Site Area: 2160 m2
- Bldg. Area: 971 m2
- Gross Floor Area: 2528 m2
- Gross Floor Ratio: 2,6
Tuesday, May 1st, 2012
Article source: Trahan Architects
Located to the north-east of Crowley, the site lies between the urban/residential development to the west and the rural/agricultural development to the east. The design seeks to mediate this threshold and express the importance of the local agricultural development to place. Rice is the primary economy in the Parish and city of Crowley. Rice fields create a beautiful mosaic that blanket the landscape. Contours follow the natural topography, control water run-off and delineate rice paddies. As technology has advanced the rice fields have evolved from a more fluid configuration to a more orthogonal configuration. This results in a more efficient layout and maximizes the yield.
- Architect: Trahan Architects
- Name of Project: Acadia Parish Conference Center
- Location: Crowley, Louisiana
- Program: Conference Center
- Floor Area: 69,000 g.s.f.
- Cost: To Be Determined
- Software used: AutoCAD (2D), Rhinoceros and FormZ (3D), Illustrator and InDesign (Graphics)