Archive for the ‘Cultural Center’ Category
Wednesday, May 28th, 2014
Article source: Renderus
The Multifunctional building in Coldstream is design for multi-purpose cultural events and office space.
The Coldstream gallery creates a new urban space that enriches the diversity of cultural life and expresses the dynamism of an institution looking to the future.
The Coldstream gallery design promotes a multidisciplinary environment by connecting the variety of programs, establishing a collective culture research where many contributions and innovations can feed off each other.
Image Courtesy © Renderus
- Architects: Renderus
- Project: Coldstream Gallery
- Location: Coldstream, Scotland
- Work started in: 2014
- Main structure is: steel
- Height: 62m
- Total area: 6000 m²
- Number of floors: 18
- Status: Current works
- Type: Cultural, Waterfront, Office Buildings, Business Centers, Museums, Libraries.
- 3D Visualisation: Renderus.
Friday, May 16th, 2014
Article source: XTU architects
A fertile market
If the world wanted to eat like the West, several planets would be needed…
Civilization will need to evolve: it must produce and consume differently !
Image Courtesy © XTU architects
- Architects: XTU architects (Anouk Legendre + Nicola Desmaziere, Studio Adeline Rispal)
- Project: FRENCH PAVILION EXPO MILANO 2015
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Software used: Rhinoceros, 3ds Max and Grasshopper
- Companies: C.M.C di Ravenna, Simonin
- Project leader: Mathias Lukacs
- Client: FranceAgriMer
- Program: Cultural installation, exhibition areas, restaurants, shops, VIP rooms.
- Competition: january 2014
- Contract: march 2014
- Building: september 2014
- Delivery: april 2014
- Building surface area: 3.532 m² shon / 3.286 m² usable
- Site’s area: 3.500 m²
- Costs: 14 m€ including taxes.
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Article source: SANE architecture
SANE architecture’s project for the Taichung City Cultural Center has been awarded HIGHLY COMMENDED of the Cultural regeneration category at the 2014 MIPIM Architectural Review Future Project Awards. The project was exhibited in the London Pavilion 10-14 march.
Image Courtesy © SANE architecture
- Architects: SANE architecture
- Project: The Taichung City Cultural Center
- Photography: SANE architecture
- Software used: 3DS MAX, Autocad and a bit of Photoshop
- Year: 2013
- Area: 45 000 sqm
Friday, April 11th, 2014
Article source: ARCHICLUB
Urban approach . The study site is a vacant lot owned by the city of Bessancourt and located a few hundred meters away from the town hall. Its location is in continuity with its historic downtown. The site is marked on the north by the imposing presence of a church. The urban environment of the study site is very mineral, the stone church is massive and reinforces this homogeneity. The building distribution on the site is diffuse and invites us to propose a singular object, an additional object that can join the existing group.
Image Courtesy © 11h45 montrer l’architecture
- Architects: ARCHICLUB
- Project: Espace Culturel Marc Steckar
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: 11h45 montrer l’architecture
- Software used: ZWCAD, SKETCHUP, MAXWELL RENDER.
- Client: City of Bessancourt
- Consultants Fluids, Environnement: IDEEL environnement
- Consultants Structure: ID+ engineering
- Consultants acoustics : ALTIA acoustics
- Type: Cultural, Performing art center, Public building
- Status: Built 2013
- Building area: 580 m²
- Budget total: 1 510 000 USD, 1 090 000 €
- Main materials: Stone, Glass.
- Curtain wall: WICONA
- Stones: BLOCSTAR
- Floor: ARTIGO
- Wall: PLACOPLATRE
- Electrical: BTICINO, REGENT
- Plumbing : HANSA DESIGNO, DURAVIT
Friday, April 4th, 2014
Article source: Elliott + Associates Architects
Vision Statement: The vision for the Postal Plaza Project is to create a place for the display of art; a place to safely and appropriately store art; and a place for the education of students of Oklahoma State University and the citizens of Stillwater and Oklahoma.
The southeast corner of the historic post office building now transformed into the Postal Plaza Gallery for Oklahoma State University. The budget only permitted us to do minor improvements to the exterior., Image Courtesy © Scott McDonald
- Architects: Elliott + Associates Architects
- Project: OSU Postal Plaza Gallery
- Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma, U.S.A
- Photography: Scott McDonald
- Completed: October 4, 2013
- Scope: 16,000 sq. ft.
- Cost: $3.7M
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014
Article source: Felipe Bernal Henao + Javier Castañeda Acero + Alejandro Restrepo Montoya
Background and Context
Since 2008, 21 new kindergartens have been built in Medellín in barrios with problems of insecurity and social inequality. The El Pinal Kindergarten was awarded through a public architectural tender and has been conceived as a space for education, culture and life. The project is located on the slopes of the central – eastern area of Medellín, in a sector of unplanned settlements and informal housing.
Image Courtesy © Juan Felipe Gómez Tobón
- Architects: Felipe Bernal Henao + Javier Castañeda Acero + Alejandro Restrepo Montoya
- Project: THE EL PINAL KINDERGARTEN
- Location: Medellín, Colombia
- Photography: Juan Felipe Gómez Tobón
- Software used: Autocad 2014, Sketch up and 3D-Max.
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN: Jorge Arbeláez
- HYDROSANITARY DESIGN: Caudales y Presiones S.A.
- ELECTRICAL AND ILLUMINATION DESIGN: Lighten S.A.
- LANDSCAPING DESIGN: Andrés Ospina
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN CONSULTANT: Carlos Mario Rodríguez Osorio
- BIOCLIMATIC AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Ader Augusto González, PVG Arquitectos
- YEAR: 2012
- SURFACE AREA: 850 m2
- ARCHITECTURAL – DESIGN AND PROJECT – DEVELOPMENT GROUP: Juan David, Cerón Betancur, Luis Felipe Cardona, Juan Esteban Parra Henao, Pablo Rico Álvarez, Parmenio Bedoya Aguirre, Maritza Mejía, Sebastián Vallejo Palacio, Eugenio Lara Rodríguez, Martina Centeno, Carlos Ossa, Steven Yepes, Camilo Arenas, Maida González, Alejandro Vanegas, Yuri Rosero, David Hernández, Santiago Bedoya Macías, Felipe Valencia Herrera
Saturday, March 29th, 2014
Article source: Eriksen Skajaa Architects
Bergen International Festival is a music and cultural festival to be held in Bergen in late May and early June each year. The festival is the largest of its kind and contains a wide range of events in music, theater, dance and visual arts at the national and international level. Concerts are held in the Grieg Hall and Haakon’s Hall, in the four composer homes on Siljustøl, Trolhaugen, Lysøen and Valestrandsfossen as well as in a number of city churches, streets and squares. The first festival was held in 1953.
Image Courtesy © Rasmus Norlander
- Architects: Eriksen Skajaa Architects
- Project: Bergen International Festival
- Location: Vaskerelvsmauet 6, Bergen, Norway
- Photography: Rasmus Norlander
- Software used: Vector Works 2012
- Project team: Arild Eriksen, Joakim Skajaa, Julia With
- Size: 450m2
- Year: 2013
- Client: Bergen International Festival / Gjølanger Bruk
- Illustrations: Eriksen Skajaa Architects
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
Article source: SUS&HI office
Ümraniye, located in the Asian side of Istanbul, is one of the most populated district of the city, and also the fastest growing and changing. In recent years, intense building activity led to the construction of new residences, offices, shopping malls, sport facilities, schools.
Image Courtesy © SUS&HI office
- Architects: SUS&HI office
- Project: NEW 29 MAYIS PLAZA BRIDGE
- Location: ÜMRANYE, Istanbul, Turkey
- Program: PUBLIC SPACES / CULTURAL
- Surface: 8.060 mq.
- Budget: 12.000.000 €
- Client: Ümraniye District Municipality
- Designers: Giada Calcagno + Gianluca Littardi
- Design phase: schematic
- Collaborators: Massimo Tonon, Stefano Foà, Gilda Magni
Tuesday, March 18th, 2014
Article source: PA+U Rafał Mazur
The cultural center is located in the Dab district of Katowice in Poland – an area known for mines and industry. The concept of the building links two important aspects of the site. A green space connection is made from the northern end traditional Silesian street to the southern border. The edge between the building and green space is invisible. The roof in the plan of a ‘Z’ shape rises from the ground level to two floors. The sectional form is inspired by mines, as all of the programmatic utilities are located ‘underground’. The building at the street level is integrated to promote urban interaction.
Image Courtesy © Joanna Nowicka
- Architects: PA+U Rafał Mazur
- Project: Cultural Center
- Location: Katowice, Poland
- Photography: Joanna Nowicka
- Building area: 1275sqm
- Total floor area: 1677,84 sqm
- Cubature: 7069,63 cubic meters
- Year of built: end of 2013
- Investor: City of Katowice
- Team of architects: Rafal Mazur , Antonina Zygmunt , Piotr Glowacki , Krzysztof Mazanek , Marta Sacha
- Structural Engineers: Rodryg Czyz, Jacek Zawadzki, Miroslaw Hutyrko
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: MenoMenoPiu Architects
“The Taichung City Cultural Center will be a hub of knowledge, art and inspiration; an opportunity to elevate Taiwan’s high cultural reputation and to revive the city due to the high number of visitors it will attract “.
Our proposal for the Taichung city cultural center is to create a gradient urban limit in which two programs join together over the main perspective axes, creating a 200m door for the Taichung Getaway Park.
Image Courtesy © MenoMenoPiu Architects & Atelier Castro Denissof
- Architects: MenoMenoPiu Architects & Atelier Castro Denissof
- Project: TAICHUNG GETAWAY CITY CULTURAL CENTER
- PROJECT TEAM: Mario Emanuele Salini, Rocco Valantines, Alessandro Balducci, Paolo Carignano, Alice Lunardon, Angelo Balducci, Max Castro, Zinedine Bekkar
- RENDERINGS: +imgs