Archive for the ‘Cultural Center’ Category
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
Article source: Chyutin Architects
The municipality of Hod-Hasharon was established as a cluster of four colonies or neighborhoods, each of which has its own center of public activities. The aim of the proposed municipal civic center is to create a complex of public services in an area common to the four neighborhoods, to unite them into a municipal fabric.
Image Courtesy Chyutin Architects
- Architects: Chyutin Architects
- Project: Municipal Civic Center
- Location: Hod Ha’Sharon, Israel
- Project area: 24 acres
- Project Team: Chyutin Bracha, Chyutin Michael, Dahan Jacques
- Status: Competition entry 2012 – 2nd prize
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Article source: 2NE Architecture
Reorganization of an old agricultural college to include four meeting rooms, classrooms, activity rooms – Construction of a building of 1050 m² including an auditorium with 300 seats, a dance studio, a gym, a foyer and a exhibition space. With its terrace filled with magnificent trees and traditional houses, the Place de l’Abbaye is one of the most beautiful places in the village of La Châtre.
Image courtesy 2NE Architecture
- Architects: 2NE Architecture
- Project: Youth House of Culture and Knowledge
- Location: La Châtre, France
- Contractor: Community of Communes La Chatre Sainte-Sévère
- Area: 1652m2
- Cost: € 2 006 688
- Year: 2012
- Photographs: 2NE Architecture
Wednesday, May 15th, 2013
Article source: Estudi D’arquitectura Toni Gironès
During the January of 2007, the construction works of a secondary pipe of the water distribution mains in Segarra-Garrigues system, caused an unexpected appearance of archaeological ruins from an ancient construction for 4.800 years in Seró (Artesa de Segre, Lleida). The most important point of this discovery was the megalithic nature of sandstone slabs and specially the accuracy of geometrical decoration sculpted. Stones with soft relief that, at the same time, were parts of ancient statues reused from a previous sculptural monument.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Estévez
- Architects: Estudi D’arquitectura Toni Gironès
- Project: Espacio Transmisor Del Túmulo | Dolmen Megalítico De Seró
- Location: Seró-Artesa De Segre, Lleida, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Estevez, Toni Gironès, Antonio Cayuelas
- Collaborator: Dani Rebugent
- Technical Architects: Brufau I Cusó S.L.P
- Structural Engineer: Boma Inpasa S.L.P, ESTUDI XV S.C.P
- Services: Oriol Vidal Ingenieria
- Archeologists: Pep Castellsy Joan Lopez
- Promotor: Ayuntamiento De Artesa De Segre
- Constructor: Construcciones Orgèl·Lia S.L. Y Construcciones Germans Gilaber S.L.
- Construction Manager: Ignasi Gilabert
- Industrial Principals: Instal·Lacions Vilana S.L., Fusteria Gilibet S.L.
- Budget: 348.952,44 €
Sunday, May 12th, 2013
Article source: Keio University SFC Hironori Matsubara Laboratory
This building has built by “grass-root grant aid fund” of Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Japan) in area of Gombe Institute of Pedagogique, the center part of Kinshasa city, D.R. Congo. The plan is 19m×19m and single story building. Semi-exterior penetrates the building and connects different rooms– training hall, classroom, office, tea ceremony room etc.
Image Courtesy © Tokyo Matsubara and Architects
- Architects: Hironori Matsubara, Keio University SFC Hironori Matsubara Laboratory
- Project: Japanese Cultural Center of D.R. Congo
- Location: North area of Gombe Institute of Pedagogigue, Pere Bokaavenue, area of Gombe, Kinshasa city, D.R. Congo
- Photography: Tokyo Matsubara and Architects
- Total floor area: 271.3 sq. m
- Design period: Dec 2011 – Mar 2012
- Construction period: Mar 2012 –Mar 2013
- Completion: Mar 2013
- Construction: ACADEX local volunteer’s construction team
- Client: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Japan
Saturday, May 11th, 2013
Article source: Archiplan Studio
The work is defined by a series of lightweight structures that accompany the users of the area placed in the Regional Park of the Mincio in a process of interpretation of historical and cultural environment, capable of enhancing aspects of excellence in the area of the lower course of the river. The proposed involves the construction of a series of installations to define some interpretation centers where the cultural attraction is the figure of the Roman poet Virgil and the integration of his poetry with the river landscape.
Image Courtesy © Martina Mambrin
- Architects: Archiplan Studio
- Project: Cultural Landscape Path in the lower Mincio
- Location: Virgilio, Italy
- Photography: Martina Mambrin
- Software used: AutoCAD, Cinema 4D
Friday, May 10th, 2013
Article source: G///bang architectural
The task involved the creation of a cultural space for three types of activities: The leisure center for children up to 14 years, the center for cultural activities, and the multipurpose space. The urban space where the cultural center was to be located was a small lot in Plaza Miguel Aso, which according to the urban plan of the city, only allowed construction on the ground floor, with height up to the roof slab level, not exceeding the height of the ground floors of the surrounding buildings.
Image Courtesy © Enric Duch
- Architects: G///bang architectural
- Project: La Jota Cultural Center
- Location: Zaragoza, Spain
- Photography: Enric Duch
- Project Architect: José Javier Gallardo Ortega
- Technical Assistance: INCO Ingenieros
- Structural Engineering: Guillermo Chóliz
- Facilities Engineering: D3i
- Technical Supervision: Gabriel Fraj
- Construction Company: Mariano López Navarro
Thursday, May 9th, 2013
Article source: Yaiza Terré + Arantxa Manrique
The project is part of the \”Fàbriques per la Creació\” programme promoted by the Barcelona city council in order to reactivate the old industrial spaces of the city now in disuse, and transform them into centres of artistic production. Hangar is a creation centre for visual artists situated since 1997 in the old industrial manufacturing premises of Can Ricart.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Yaiza Terré + Arantxa Manrique
- Project: Hangar Artistic Creation Centre
- Location: Can Ricart, Barcelona
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Collaborator Architect: Arantxa Manrique
- Collaborators: Static ingenieria s.a.p.(structure engigneer), Aia instal·lacions arquitectòniques sl (mechanical engigneer), Sergi Perez Cobos (quantity surveyor), Fpa ferran pelegrina i ass.(detail developement), I2a (acoustique engigneer).
- Programme: Stage, multi-functional space, audio-video, medialab
- Developer: Institute of Culture of Barcelona (ICUB) – Barcelona City Council
- Client: Fundación privada AAVC- Hangar
- Area: 828,84m2
- Ender works: December 2011
- Budget: 1.774.465,03€ (PEC)
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013
Article source: Arata Isozaki + Andrea Maffei Architects
The project comes from the tender launched in October 2007 for the redevelopment of disused area outside the historic center of Florence, and in particular in the vicinity of the old rail-station Leopolda, and the Royal Park of the “Cascine”. This work is part of those identified by the “Committee of Ministers for the 150th anniversary of the Unification of Italy” for the planning of infrastructure projects aimed at the realization and completion of major works of cultural and scientific interest for the whole country.
Image Courtesy Arata Isozaki + Andrea Maffei Architects
- Architects: Arata Isozaki + Andrea Maffei Architects
- Project: Florence Music and Culture Park
- Location: Florence, Italy
- Program: new opera house and concert hall
- Client: Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri, Missione per le Celebrazioni dei 150 anni dell’ Unità d’Italia
- Competition: 2007
- Design team: Hidenari Arai, Takeshi Miura, Kenji Yatsu, Rawad Choubassi, Simone Utzeri, Filippo Biagi, Atsuko Suzuki, Andrea Maffei Architects / Stefano Tozzi, M+T & Partners
- Structure: Arup Italia s.r.l.: Maurizio Teora, Giammichele Melis, Ida Coppola, Francesco Uggetti, Michele Mongelli, Riccardo Abello, Amerigo Tognarelli, Enrico Manganelli, Livio Quintavalle, Mario Rossato, Valeria Migliori, Matteo Testini, Floriana Palomba.
- Mep plants: Arup Italia s.r.l.: Pietro Guarisco, Alice Quinterio, Enrico Zara, Francesco Di Salvo, Katia Bernardi, Nicola Carofano, Sebastiano Genovese, Stefano Colombo.
- Geotechnic: Arup Italia s.r.l.- Angelo Mussi, Tim Hocombe, Francesco Petrella, Silvia Ferrero
- Acoustic: Nagata Acoustics, Tokyo, Japan – Yasuhisa Toyota, Satoru Ikeda, Vie en Rose s.r.l. Firenze -Sergio Luzzi
- Fire consultant: ing. Silvestre Mistretta, Milano
- General contractor: ATI – Baldassini Tognozzi Pontello Costruzioni Generali S.p.a., Mazzanti S.p.a., Opere Pubbliche e Ambiente S.p.a.
- Cost: € 80.000.000,00
Sunday, May 5th, 2013
Article source: Johan De Wachter Architects
In September 2011, the renovation and expansion of Kulturhus The Nieuwhof in Westervoort started. With the transformation of the Nieuwhof to Kulturhus the area Westervoort South now has a representative cultural centre with a full array of services for all residents.
Image Courtesy JDWA
Friday, May 3rd, 2013
Article source: Fernanda Canales + arquitectura 911sc
The project is based on the idea of highlighting the existing early 20th century house and creating an open space for a new bookstore as well as adding spaces for cultural activities.
Image Courtesy © Jaime Navarro
- Architects: Fernanda Canales + arquitectura 911sc
- Project: Elena Garro Cultural Center
- Location: Fernández Leal #43, Barrio de la Concepción, Coyoacán, México D.F.
- Photography: Jaime Navarro
- Design Team: Iván Cervantes, Edgar Romero, Arturo Carreón, Anabel Chavez, Javier Juárez
- Status: Built (inaugurated November 2012)
- Structure: Grupo SAI
- Service systems project: Ing. Carlos Medina
- Lighting project: Artenluz Arq. Javier Ten
- Landscape project: Entorno Taller de Paisaje (Tonatiuh Martinez + Hugo Sánchez)
- Construction: 1,358 m2Artistic
- Collaboration: Paloma Torres. Bronce doors, work titled “Transformed forest”