Archive for the ‘Cultural Center’ Category
Saturday, January 4th, 2014
Article source: Christian de Portzamparc
The Cidade das Artes is situated between sea and mountain, in the center of fourteen kilometers of plain which nsaw recently developing the new major district of Rio de Janeiro: Barra da Tijuca. The landscape is monotonous, deprived of strong urban marks and public spaces. The site is structured by two highways that cross the district. In the centre of thiscross, designed by Lucio Costa, the Cidade das Artes will be in the very heart of the new city.
Image Courtesy © Nelson Kon
- Architects: Christian de Portzamparc
- Project: Cidade Das Artes
- Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Photography: Nelson Kon, Christian de Portzamparc
- PROGRAM: Cultural equipment: Philharmonic Hall (1,800 seats ), transformable into an Opera Hall (1,300 seats ) Chamber Music Hall (500 seats ), electroacoustic room (180 seats ), headquarters of the Brazilian Symphonic, Orchestra, music school, 10 rehearsal rooms, media library, 3 movies theaters , resta urant, shops, administration offices, technical spaces and parking lots.
- CLIENT: City Hall of Rio de Janeiro, Secretaria Municipal das Culturas
- ACOUSTICS: Xu Acoustique – Xu Ya Ying – (France), Acùstica sônica (Brazil)
- SCENOGRAPHY: Changement à Vue – Jacques Dubreuil (France), Ze Augusto Nepomucen (Brazil)
- LANDSCAPE DESIGNER: CAP, Fernando Chancel
- Surface: 46,000 sq.m.
- Gross Tota l Area: 90,000 sq.m.
Saturday, January 4th, 2014
Article source: mahdiyar memar
Image Courtesy © mahdiyar memar
- Architects: mahdiyar memar
- Project: El-goli caltural center
- Location: tabriz, Iran
- Software used: 3dmax, Vray, Autocad, Revit
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Article source: AKETURI ARCHITEKTAI
One last building of demolished Rietavas manor – coach house – has been reconstructed to cultural community center to meet today’s needs. It hosts 2 multipurpose halls, local bussines development agency, tourist information center, holds in total 1800 sq.m.
Image Courtesy © Norbert Tukaj
- Architects: AKETURI ARCHITEKTAI
- Project: Coach-house reconstruction of Rietavas manor
- Location: Rietavas, Lithuania
- Photography: Norbert Tukaj
- Collaborating offices: LietuvosPaminklai (AstaMeškauskienė)
- Structural engineering: KlaipėdosProjektas (LeonasAužbikavičius)
- HVAC engineering: KlaipėdosProjektas
- Project management: KlaipėdosProjektas (JuozapasTilvikas)
- Project year: 2009
- Constructions: 2010-2013
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Article source: MATEO ARQUITECTURA
The project according to its author
The plaza is a surface, a topography drawn out in relation to the movement of the water and built by pedreiros, following patterns that are abstract but not random.
Floating on this surface is an object. At its base, water, frozen here to form a skating rink.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: MATEO ARQUITECTURA
- Project: Cultural Center
- Location: Castelo Branco, Portugal
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Author: Josep Lluís Mateo
- Collaborating architect: Carlos Reis Figueiredo
- Client: Castelo Branco Council, Polis Project
- Surface area of the public spaces: 60,000 m2
- Surface area of the Cultural Center: 4,300 m2
- Competition: 2000
- Project: 2000 – 2006
- Construction of the public spaces: 2006 – 2007
- Construction of the Cultural Center: 2012 – 2013
- Cost of the public spaces: 3,000,000’00 €
- Cost of the Cultural Center: 9,000,000’00 €
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Article source: Foster + Partners
Bund Finance Centre (BFC) is a prominent new mixed-use destination in Shanghai designed jointly by Foster + Partners and Heatherwick Studio. The 420,000-square-metre development of eight buildings includes two 180-metre landmark towers, and combines premium ‘grade A’ offices with a boutique hotel, an arts and cultural centre and a wide variety of luxury retail spaces, all arranged around a generous landscaped public plaza.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
Article source: Ramon Esteve
The main purpose of this project is to conceive a building that contains the cultural activity such as exhibitions, performances, concerts, conferences… and at the same time it represents the enterprising spirit of the entity.
Image Courtesy © Xavier Mollà
- Architects: Ramon Esteve
- Project: CAIXA ONTINYENT CULTURAL CENTRE
- Photography: Xavier Mollà
- Collaborator Architects: María Daroz, Rubén Navarro, Olga Badía Anna Boscà
- Collaborators: Silvia M. Martínez, Patricia Campos, Rafael Codina
- Building Engineer: Antonio Morales
- Promoter: Caixa Ontinyent. La caixa de les Comarques
- Construction company: Construcciones Francés SL
- Works manager: Gonzalo Llin
- Building Gross Area: 1.855,83 m2
- Project: 2007
- Completion date: 2010
Saturday, October 5th, 2013
Article source: NEUTELINGS RIEDIJK ARCHITECTS
Rozet is the new address for various cultural and educational institutions in Arnhem. The mixture of Library, Heritage Centre, Art Centre and Community College gives rise to one of the most important public buildings in the city.
View facade, Image Courtesy scagliolabrakkee / © Neutelings Riedijk Architects
- Architects: NEUTELINGS RIEDIJK ARCHITECTS
- Project: ROZET CULTURE HOUSE
- Location: ARNHEM, THE NETHERLANDS
- Photography: scagliolabrakkee, Neutelings Riedijk Architects
- Program: Cultural center, Library, Music and Dance school, Art studios, Exhibition spaces, Auditorium, Grand-Café, Bookstore
- Surface Area: 12.000 sqm.
- Building costs: €25 mio building and construction costs, €31 mio building and construction costs including interior and immediate surrounding area.
- Client: City of Arnhem Stadhuisplein 1, 3811 LM Arnhem, the Netherlands
- Design: Competition 2009, first prize
- Construction start: 2011
- Completion: 2013
Thursday, October 3rd, 2013
Article source: BILBAO ARCHITECTURE TEAM
Taiwan, land of sea, land of mountains, where amazing forms and landscape have been formed by the action of natural forces. Waves, tides, coast, prairies, mountains, mountain ridges.Sea people, land people, strong, tenacious, tireless. People of Taiwan.
The new “City Cultural Center” grows from the earth, with the strength of the sea and mountains, to show to the world how Taiwan is, how Taichung is. And it uses this strength to configure an astonishing landscape architecture able to project internationally the new cultural center.
Image Courtesy © BILBAO ARCHITECTURE TEAM
- Architects: BILBAO ARCHITECTURE TEAM
- Project: CITY CULTURAL CENTER
- Location: Taichung, Taiwan
- Collaborators: Borja García, Igor Gonzalez, Rodrigo Cearra, Joseba Salbide, Ander Barandiaran, Imanol Goenaga.
Tuesday, September 24th, 2013
Article source: cCe arquitectos
Our design proposal for the project `Palermo Cultural Centre´ is based on external factors such as weather, prevailing winds, sunlight, connecting roads, flows and internal movements of people, site location and orientation, existing infrastructure, green space and public areas. At the same time, it considers internal aspects such as occupation strategy and efficiency, building systems, spatial quality related to views, spatial connection, floor to ceiling height, common and public spaces inside and outside the building, allowing for each of the activities to be undertaken.
Image Courtesy © cCe arquitectos
- Architects: cCe arquitectos
- Project: Palermo Cultural Centre
- Location: Providencia, Chile
- Net internal area: 3.654 m2
- Basements area: 1.232 m2
- Total built area: 4.886 m2
- Architecture Colaborators: “Yerko Jeria Veliz, Sergio Correa Guarachi, Oana Ghinea, Camila Tolorza”
- Structural engineering: Enzo Valladares Ingenieros ( VPA)
- Mechanical: Mater Clima
- Lighting: Douglas Loenard Lighting (DLLA)
- LEED Certification: Energy Arq
- Landscaping: Bernardita de Corral
- Electrical contractor: Propamat
- Plumbing System: Jaime Verdugo
- Waste management: Silvia Tello
- Fire safety engineering: BASH
- Vertical Transportation: Schindler
- Curtain wall: Accura Systems
- Independent reviewer: Arquigestion
- Steel Manufacturer: Javier Delgado
- Accoustic engineering: Mario Huaquin Accoustic projects
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013
Article source: Anagrama
Monterrey, the third largest city in Mexico, is best known for its beautiful mountains and strong industrial backbone. In the heart of the city is Fundidora Park, a unique specimen of industrial archaeology (it was previously a massive steelworks and foundry established in 1900). The park is home to extensive gardens, museums, convention centers, auditoriums, theme parks and cultural venues such as Conarte (Council for the Culture and Arts of Nuevo León).
Image Courtesy © Anagrama, Entrance hall
- Architects: Anagrama
- Project: Niños Conarte
- Location: Monterrey, Mexico
- Software used: Google Sketchup & Autocad