Archive for the ‘Cultural Center’ Category
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012
Article source: Cândido Chuva Gomes, Arquitectos
COMPLEXO CULTURAL DA LEVADA DE TOMAR – REHABILITATION
The previous museological studies are the anchor of the proposition, intended not to destroy the image and ambience of the whole complex. The intervention area, which sets between the old city tissue and the river Nabão, consists of the rehabilitation of former industries, transforming them in a museum complex.
Images Courtesy CCG Arquitectos, Lda.
- Architect: Cândido Chuva Gomes, Arquitectos
- Name of Project: Complexo Cultural da Levada de Tomar
- Location: Tomar, Portugal
- Client: Tomar Polis – Câmara Municipal de Tomar
- Time Line: 2004 – (under construction)
- Building Contractor: José Coutinho, S.A.
- Photography: CCG Arquitectos, Lda.
- Software used: AutoCAD
Tuesday, March 6th, 2012
Article source: 3LHD Architect
The opening of big movieplex cinemas in Zagreb has led to the dying out of old cinema theaters in the city centre. The City of Zagreb, who is the owner of the old cinema Lika, decided to reuse the space for new cultural facilities. In that scenario old cinema Lika was given the role of a new dance centre.
Image Courtesy Domagoj Blazevic
- Architects: 3LHD Architect
- Project: Zagreb Dance Center
- Location: Ilica 10, Zagreb, Croatia
- Program: public, culture
- Status: completed
- Project year: 2003
- Project start date: 2003
- Project end date: 2005 / 2008
- Software used: AutoCAD
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012
Article source: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office
The city of Jinan has a strategic location supported with a good transportation hub (Yaoqiang International Airport, Beijing-Shanghai and Jinan-Qindao high-speed train lines, several important highways and an important transport artery that passes through the city). By having this strategic location supported with good transportation hub, Jinan has lots of potential advantages and opportunities for development.
- Architect: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office
- Name of Project: Jinan High-tech science and technology culture center and square
- Location: Jinan, China
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012
Article source: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter
The Church of Knarvik holds an important position as a cultural provider and a communicator for the Christian message and community, on holidays and during every day. The church will be central for a safe childhood environment and at the same time be a platform for cultural development, arts and music in the community.
- Architects: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter
- Project: Knarvik Community Church (Knarvik Kyrkje)
- Location: Knarvik, Lindås, Norway
- Program: New Community Church with cultural facilities and administration
- Client: Lindås Kyrkjelege Fellesråd; Lindås Church Council
- Size: 2250m2
- Commission type: 1st prize, Invited competition (2010)
- Design time: 2010 – 2012
- Year: 2012
Tuesday, February 21st, 2012
Article source: Studio Ö
Mosque and Cultural Center – Room For Prayer
By placing the new addition of the Islamic Cultural centre next to the existing building we where able to set the parameters and proportions of the new part freely. The new building is raised above the ground by round, slender pillars. The volume is connected to the existing building by a passage, linking the new building to the communication of the existing one. The proposed volume is closed to the outside and opening up on the inside. The concrete facade has an intricate pattern working with shifting planes, creating shadow effects and an elegant and playful expression.
- Architect: Studio Ö
- Name of Project: Room For Prayer
- Location: Quincy, Massachusetts, USA
- Type: Extension for Islamic Center of New England
- Stage: First prize in open architecture competition hosted arcbazar
- Size: Aprox 430 m²
Monday, February 20th, 2012
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
More projects by Zaha Hadid
Our designs for a new performing arts centre were inspired the ancient city of Petra – its interplay with nature and the processes of erosion that have reshaped its contours. In this new building erosion becomes the sole means of articulating public spaces, while remaining masses contain the performance spaces.
King Abdullah II House of Culture & Art
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: King Abdullah II House of Culture & Art
- Location: Amman, Jordan
- Total Floor Area: 26,800m2
- Footprint Area: 5,363m2
- Concert Theatre: 1,600 seat
- Small Theatre: 400 seat
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
Friday, February 17th, 2012
Article source: A-lab
At the top of Norway, Hammerfest presents itself as the world’s northernmost town and a natural centre of the region. In addition to the proximity to the North Cape, this establishes it as one of the most important tourist destinations in Northern Norway, with over 250.000 visitors each year. The project is a part of the bigger seafront development and is highly visible from both land and sea.
Image Courtesy Luis Fonse(a-lab)
- Architects: A-lab
- Project: Arctic Culture Center
- Location: Hammerfest, Norway
- Project team: Adnan Harambasic, Geir Haaversen, Odd Klev, Charlie Marsden, Katrine Holm, Luis Fonseca
Sunday, February 12th, 2012
Article source: ENCORE HEUREUX architects
Since 1995, the Guinguette Pirate has developed an artistic and cultural project on the water, referred to as «intermediate» boats, heritage boats rehabilitated into concert halls (the Guinguette Pirate and Batofar) and through interdisciplinary and outdoor events : Musée imagianire, Café de la marine, Piratages and Sous la Plage. It is for the 2004 festival Sous la Plage, that ENCORE HEUREUX had carte blanche and produced a temporary installation with hundreds of hanging zebras Sous les Zèbres.
- Architect: ENCORE HEUREUX architects
- Name of Project: Petit Bain
- Location: Paris, France
- Client: Association la Guinguette Pirate
- Global amount of work: 1.7 Millions €
- Surface: 550 m² (+ 365 m² extérieur)
- Weight: 470 tonnes
- Dimensions: 40 m x 10.5 m x 6 m
- Delivery: 5 july 2011