Article source: Onze04 Architecture
ADAPTATION TO ENVIRONMENT
Located on the northern slopes of the Park-mountain of Montjuic , the plot is characterized by dense vegetation and a very steep slope that is only interrupted by two large natural terraces.
The building is placed gently between them by rotating one of its wings to preserve the maximum masses of vegetation and to minimize the impact on the plot.
- Architects: Onze04 Architecture
- Project: RESIDENCE AND DAY CENTER FOR PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL DISHABILITIES AND TROUBLES OF BEHAVIOR
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Author: Onze04 Architecture
- Principal Architect: Gustavo Silva-Nicoletti
- Team Architects: Gustavo Silva-Nicoletti, Joan Sagué, Joan Travé, Marina Tapia, Irene Graziano
- Structural Engineering: Upuntsis S.L.
- Installations Engineering: Ecoenginy S.L.L.
- Budget: JCM i Associats S.L.
- Promoter: Gestió d’Infraestructures S.A., GISA, Generalitat de Catalunya
- General Contractor: PAI S.L
- Competition: 2006
- Project: 2007
- Site construction: 2009-2012
- Budget: 4.302.506 €
- Area: building 2.307m², landscape 4.836m2