Archive for the ‘Educational Center’ Category
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011
Article source: Design Initiatives
Our intention in the ThyssenKrupp Elevator Istanbul Disaster Prevention and Education Centre Competition is to organize a joyful, integral space where man reconciles with nature. In addition to animate forms we have manipulated the movement in order to induce the production of new urban opportunities.
- Architects: Design Initiatives
- Project: Istanbul Disaster Prevention and Education Centre
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Type: culture
- Date: September, 2011
- Status: competition
- Client: ThyssenKrupp Elevator
- Area: 9,450 sq. m.
- Credits: Design Initiatives: Vlado Valkof – architect; Malgorzata Blasik, Minko Marinov, Anne Valkof, – designers; Peter Kochevski, Viki Raytcheva – rendering
- Software used: Maya with V-Ray rendering, Photoshop, AutoCAD
Sunday, December 4th, 2011
Article source: Charles Rose Architects Inc.
Embodying Oregon’s legacy of individuality and independence, Oregon College of Art and Craft has been championing art-making through craft since 1907. Today it offers an intense studio experience, personalized and rigorous instruction, and an active ground for exploration. As the only private art college west of the Mississippi to offer an accredited BFA in Crafts, OCAC is a superb laboratory for the invention of modern craft.
- Architect: Charles Rose Architects Inc.
- Name of Project: Jean Vollum Drawing, Painting, and Photography Building – Oregon College of Art and Craft
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Saturday, December 3rd, 2011
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
More projects by Zaha Hadid
An opportunity to broaden the educational diversity of this active and historic London area. Following the principle of ‘schools within schools’, the design generates natural patterns of division within highly functional spaces which give each of the four smaller schools a distinct identity, both internally and externally.
Evelyn Grace Academy
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Evelyn Grace Academy
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Site Area: 10,745m2
- Project Date: 2006 – 2010
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director: Lars Teichmann
- Project Architect: Matthew Hardcastle
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Article source: Robert Maschke Architects
The Brunswick University Center is a new satellite campus for Cuyahoga Community College located in Brunswick, Ohio. The new building situates itself within a campus of existing civic and educational buildings including the Brunswick Community Center, Library, Elementary School, and High School. The design seeks to enhance the campus environment and connection to the context while establishing a unique identity. The Brunswick University Center provides an open and inviting atmosphere for students transitioning to post-secondary education, creating cultural amenity for the community.
Brunswick University Center
Sunday, November 27th, 2011
Article source: C. F. Møller Architects
Proposal for an incubator park for the social sciences at the University of Essex. The competition was to design a landmark building for the new University of Essex Knowledge Gateway, which is planned as an incubator park for the social sciences: sociology, political science, economics, and international relations. The University of Essex is the top rated university in the UK in these fields.
Centre for Democracy and Conflict Resolution
- Architects: C. F. Møller Architects
- Project: Centre for Democracy and Conflict Resolution
- Location: University of Essex, Colchester Campus, UK
- Client:University of Essex, Knowledge Gateway
- Landscape:C. F. Møller Architects
- Size:4000 m²
- Year: 2010
- Awards: 3rd. Prize in international competition
Sunday, November 27th, 2011
Article source: Atelier 9.81
This project for a nursery is part of Euralille’s greater project, and more particularly in the area of the islet of St. Maurice, built on a section of the De Geyter urban project.
It enhances a pedestrian area comprise varied spaces, crossing the urban project. Included in a 100-dwelling operation, the nursery is located on the ground floor, and confirms its community-building role, on the outskirt of the Place aux Érables.
Exterior View ((c)Atelier 9.81)
- Architect: Atelier 9.81
- Name of Project: Digue Dondaines Nursery
- Location: Lille, France
- Surface project: 275 m² useful surface
- Budget: 527,000 € (excluding taxes)
- Planning: Delivery – May 2010
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011
Article source: Clive Wilkinson Architects
VCU Adcenter in Richmond, Virginia, is one of the foremost media, advertising and communications schools in North America. In an effort to expand and broaden the educational prospectus, a new building was planned. A vacant historic three-storey brick carriage house from 1890 provided the main school teaching space, and this is supplemented with a new 12,000 SF three-storey ‘service structure’ located along side, which provides modern facilities and additional space on several levels, including seismic bracing of the old building.
Front View (Images Courtesy VCU Creative Services)
- Architect: Clive Wilkinson Architects
- Project Name: VCU Adcenter
- Location: 103 S. Jefferson Street, Richmond, Virginia
- Client: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Photographer: VCU Creative Services
- Software used: AutoCAD
Sunday, November 20th, 2011
Article source: Interval Architects
Situated in a tranquil environment of one of the best vocational schools in Beijing, the project aims at providing an iconic image to the institution as well as redefining the use of an existing public space on the central square of the campus.
Images Courtesy GU Yunduan
- Architect: Interval Architects
- Project Title: Rollercoaster
- Location: Beijing Huangzhuang Vocational School, China
- Project Architect: Oscar KO, GU Yunduan
- Lighting Consultant: MIAO Hailin
- Photography: GU Yunduan
- Software used: Rhino
Saturday, November 19th, 2011
Article source: Rstudio/ Jose Martí
LEARNING BY PLAYING
The project consists of a one story building at street level.
The site is influenced by two conditions that have been key aspects in the development of the project. In the first place the closeness to a highspeed traffic way, in Pio Baroja Avenue, and in the second place the remarkable height of the surrounding buildings. This took us to create a building focused on its inner court.
- Architect: Rstudio/ Jose Martí
- Name of Project: Pio Baroja Nursery
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Year: 2010
- Developer: AYUNTAMIENTO DE VALENCIA, SERVICIO DE EDUCACIÓN.
- Builder: LEVANTINA INGENIERÍA Y CONSTRUCCIÓN S.L.
- Collaborations: DOLORS APARICI (architect), ADYPAU (engineering project), ASURINSA (architecture management), RODRIGÁLVAREZ (engineering management)
Saturday, November 12th, 2011
Article source: AVA – Atelier Veloso Arquitectos
The spatial and architectural design of the building of the new Antas Education Center were formalized in several volumes, each containing part of the program in accordance with principles of internal organization, functionality, form and image, given the type of building and its specificity.
- Architect: AVA – Atelier Veloso Arquitectos
- Name of Project: Antas Education Center
- Location: Oporto, Portugal
- Software used: Autocad 2007