Archive for the ‘Educational Center’ Category
Saturday, November 12th, 2011
Article source: AVA – Atelier Veloso Arquitectos
The spatial and architectural design of the building of the new Antas Education Center were formalized in several volumes, each containing part of the program in accordance with principles of internal organization, functionality, form and image, given the type of building and its specificity.
- Architect: AVA – Atelier Veloso Arquitectos
- Name of Project: Antas Education Center
- Location: Oporto, Portugal
- Software used: Autocad 2007
Thursday, November 10th, 2011
Article source: SOA Architectes
The Gavroche centre for children is a cultural and educational facility situated in the heart of the Victor Hugo development. The latter is part of a large urban renewal scheme consisting principally of housing, offices and commercial buildings organised around the Victor Hugo Garden.
Image Courtesy Clément Guillaume
- Architects: SOA Architectes
- Project: Gavroche Centre for Children
- Location: Saint-Ouen, France
- Client: City of Saint-Ouen
- Project Management: SOA (commissioned architect), Starck (feasibility consultants and economists), GA (acousticians)
- Budget: 2.49 M€HT
- Net Floor Area: 851m²
- Environmental Aspects and Performance Standards: HQE environmental approach, THPE certification
- Contract: Full contract
- Schedule Studies: 40 weeks, site work 70 weeks
- Completed: 2011
- Photography: © Clément Guillaume
Monday, November 7th, 2011
Article source: Ann Beha Architects
Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, Vermont is one of North America’s finest, most diverse and unconventional museums of art, design and Americana. Over 150,000 works are exhibited in a remarkable setting of 39 exhibition buildings, 25 of which are historic and were relocated to the Museum grounds.
- Architects: Ann Beha Architects
- Project: Shelburne Museum, Center for Art and Education
- Location: Shelburne, Vermont
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011
Article source: THE XSS Limited
The Starlit Learning Centre is empowering the referencing of form and space through setting up the layout to fit various programs by applying the Ancient Rome City Planning. The interiors facade was comprised of various materials, patterns and colors which inspired by the scenery of New York Central Park.
- Architect: THE XSS Limited
- Name of Project: Starlit Learning Centre
- Location: Hong Kong, China
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011
Article source: CEI Architecture Planning Interiors
The Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Building Technologies and Renewable Energy Conservation was conceived to meet the urgent need for tradespeople, site managers and construction workers who are skilled in the practices of sustainable building.
- Architect: CEI Architecture Planning Interiors
- Name of Project: Okanagan College Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Building Technologies and Renewable Energy Conservation
- Location: Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
- Cost: $27,600,000
- Size: 6,780 sq m
- Completion: June 2011
Thursday, October 13th, 2011
Article source: DeStefano Partners
The LEED Silver Certified Technology Education Center (TEC) is a 178,000 sf facility (plus a 12,000 sf separate greenhouse) accommodating a diverse set of programs and educational spaces, including laboratory, classroom and office areas to support the College technology-based career training courses. The TEC is intended to support a broad sustainable and educational agenda, promoting environmental consciousness through the synthesis of technological expertise and design principles.
Exterior at Dusk with Multi colored Corridors (Images Courtesy Barbara Karant / Karant + Associates, Inc.)
- Architect: DeStefano Partners, Chicago, Illinois
- Name of Project: College of DuPage Technology Education Center
- Location: Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Completion Date: April 2010
- Type: New construction
- Size: 178,000 sf (plus 12,000 sf separate Greenhouse)
- Photographer: Barbara Karant / Karant + Associates, Inc.
- Software used: Autodesk Revit
Wednesday, September 21st, 2011
Article source: GWWO Architects
Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine is the birthplace of America’s national anthem and one of the nation’s most significant historic landmarks. The Fort, the National Anthem and the flag, together and individually, help us to understand how the United States was created, defended, and preserved. It was with this context and these rich national symbols in mind that the design team, led by GWWO Architects, conceived the expression for the new visitor center.
Image Courtesy GWWO Architects
- Architects: GWWO Architects
- Project: Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine Visitor and Education Center
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Software used: AutoCAD 2009 for the Construction Documents and Google SketchUp for conceptual modeling
Sunday, September 18th, 2011
Article source: C. F. Møller Architects
THE TECHNICAL FACULTY – UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN DENMARK (SDU), ODENSE
The Technical Faculty is part of the University of Southern Denmark in Odense, and constitutes a shared research and education environment for four different institutes. The building is designed as one big envelope consisting of 5 houses connected by bridges at multiple levels crossing the heart of the house, a “piece of furniture” containing common functions and meeting-rooms, and giving access to a roof garden/café/lounge area. The many connections allow for more fluid boundaries, and more community and knowledge sharing.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy C. F. Møller Architects)
- Architect: C. F. Møller Architects
- Name of Project: The Technical Faculty in SDU
- Location: Odense, Denmark
- Client: University and Building Agency
- Images: C. F. Møller Architects
Friday, September 16th, 2011
Article source: Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
The 24,000 sq. ft. project carefully weaves a new library, student center and classroom building into the school’s beautiful campus, providing a variety of innovative educational environments that promote environmental stewardship and lifelong learning on a daily basis.
Image Courtesy Tim Griffith
- Architects: Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
- Project: Nueva School Hillside Learning Complex
- Location: Hillsborough, California
- Size: 27,000 GSF
- Completion Date: September 2007
- Client: Nueva School
- Mechanical: Rumsey Engineer
- Electrical: IDeAs Inc.
Wednesday, August 24th, 2011
Article source: Atsushi Kitagawara Architects
Inariyama Special Education School (School for mentally and physically challenged students)
We proposed the concept “school as a town”. The “town”-concept comprises two different meanings: The school itself is a town as well as it connects to the surrounding town. We designed several school buildings that are – just like a real town – surrounded by courtyards, open spaces, and small vegetable fields, in order to stimulate activities of children and the entire community.
Images Courtesy Takumi Ota
- Architect: Atsushi Kitagawara Architects
- Project Title: Inariyama Special Education School
- Location: Nagano Prefecture, Japan
- Use: Special education school (School for mentally and physically challenged students)
- Year of Completion: 2008
- Photographer: Takumi Ota, Hiroyuki Kurashima