Archive for the ‘Educational Center’ Category
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011
Article source: Clive Wilkinson Architects
VCU Adcenter in Richmond, Virginia, is one of the foremost media, advertising and communications schools in North America. In an effort to expand and broaden the educational prospectus, a new building was planned. A vacant historic three-storey brick carriage house from 1890 provided the main school teaching space, and this is supplemented with a new 12,000 SF three-storey ‘service structure’ located along side, which provides modern facilities and additional space on several levels, including seismic bracing of the old building.
Front View (Images Courtesy VCU Creative Services)
- Architect: Clive Wilkinson Architects
- Project Name: VCU Adcenter
- Location: 103 S. Jefferson Street, Richmond, Virginia
- Client: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Photographer: VCU Creative Services
- Software used: AutoCAD
Sunday, November 20th, 2011
Article source: Interval Architects
Situated in a tranquil environment of one of the best vocational schools in Beijing, the project aims at providing an iconic image to the institution as well as redefining the use of an existing public space on the central square of the campus.
Images Courtesy GU Yunduan
- Architect: Interval Architects
- Project Title: Rollercoaster
- Location: Beijing Huangzhuang Vocational School, China
- Project Architect: Oscar KO, GU Yunduan
- Lighting Consultant: MIAO Hailin
- Photography: GU Yunduan
- Software used: Rhino
Saturday, November 19th, 2011
Article source: Rstudio/ Jose Martí
LEARNING BY PLAYING
The project consists of a one story building at street level.
The site is influenced by two conditions that have been key aspects in the development of the project. In the first place the closeness to a highspeed traffic way, in Pio Baroja Avenue, and in the second place the remarkable height of the surrounding buildings. This took us to create a building focused on its inner court.
- Architect: Rstudio/ Jose Martí
- Name of Project: Pio Baroja Nursery
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Year: 2010
- Developer: AYUNTAMIENTO DE VALENCIA, SERVICIO DE EDUCACIÓN.
- Builder: LEVANTINA INGENIERÍA Y CONSTRUCCIÓN S.L.
- Collaborations: DOLORS APARICI (architect), ADYPAU (engineering project), ASURINSA (architecture management), RODRIGÁLVAREZ (engineering management)
Saturday, November 12th, 2011
Article source: AVA – Atelier Veloso Arquitectos
The spatial and architectural design of the building of the new Antas Education Center were formalized in several volumes, each containing part of the program in accordance with principles of internal organization, functionality, form and image, given the type of building and its specificity.
- Architect: AVA – Atelier Veloso Arquitectos
- Name of Project: Antas Education Center
- Location: Oporto, Portugal
- Software used: Autocad 2007
Thursday, November 10th, 2011
Article source: SOA Architectes
The Gavroche centre for children is a cultural and educational facility situated in the heart of the Victor Hugo development. The latter is part of a large urban renewal scheme consisting principally of housing, offices and commercial buildings organised around the Victor Hugo Garden.
Image Courtesy Clément Guillaume
- Architects: SOA Architectes
- Project: Gavroche Centre for Children
- Location: Saint-Ouen, France
- Client: City of Saint-Ouen
- Project Management: SOA (commissioned architect), Starck (feasibility consultants and economists), GA (acousticians)
- Budget: 2.49 M€HT
- Net Floor Area: 851m²
- Environmental Aspects and Performance Standards: HQE environmental approach, THPE certification
- Contract: Full contract
- Schedule Studies: 40 weeks, site work 70 weeks
- Completed: 2011
- Photography: © Clément Guillaume
Monday, November 7th, 2011
Article source: Ann Beha Architects
Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, Vermont is one of North America’s finest, most diverse and unconventional museums of art, design and Americana. Over 150,000 works are exhibited in a remarkable setting of 39 exhibition buildings, 25 of which are historic and were relocated to the Museum grounds.
- Architects: Ann Beha Architects
- Project: Shelburne Museum, Center for Art and Education
- Location: Shelburne, Vermont
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011
Article source: THE XSS Limited
The Starlit Learning Centre is empowering the referencing of form and space through setting up the layout to fit various programs by applying the Ancient Rome City Planning. The interiors facade was comprised of various materials, patterns and colors which inspired by the scenery of New York Central Park.
- Architect: THE XSS Limited
- Name of Project: Starlit Learning Centre
- Location: Hong Kong, China
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011
Article source: CEI Architecture Planning Interiors
The Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Building Technologies and Renewable Energy Conservation was conceived to meet the urgent need for tradespeople, site managers and construction workers who are skilled in the practices of sustainable building.
- Architect: CEI Architecture Planning Interiors
- Name of Project: Okanagan College Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Building Technologies and Renewable Energy Conservation
- Location: Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
- Cost: $27,600,000
- Size: 6,780 sq m
- Completion: June 2011
Thursday, October 13th, 2011
Article source: DeStefano Partners
The LEED Silver Certified Technology Education Center (TEC) is a 178,000 sf facility (plus a 12,000 sf separate greenhouse) accommodating a diverse set of programs and educational spaces, including laboratory, classroom and office areas to support the College technology-based career training courses. The TEC is intended to support a broad sustainable and educational agenda, promoting environmental consciousness through the synthesis of technological expertise and design principles.
Exterior at Dusk with Multi colored Corridors (Images Courtesy Barbara Karant / Karant + Associates, Inc.)
- Architect: DeStefano Partners, Chicago, Illinois
- Name of Project: College of DuPage Technology Education Center
- Location: Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Completion Date: April 2010
- Type: New construction
- Size: 178,000 sf (plus 12,000 sf separate Greenhouse)
- Photographer: Barbara Karant / Karant + Associates, Inc.
- Software used: Autodesk Revit
Wednesday, September 21st, 2011
Article source: GWWO Architects
Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine is the birthplace of America’s national anthem and one of the nation’s most significant historic landmarks. The Fort, the National Anthem and the flag, together and individually, help us to understand how the United States was created, defended, and preserved. It was with this context and these rich national symbols in mind that the design team, led by GWWO Architects, conceived the expression for the new visitor center.
Image Courtesy GWWO Architects
- Architects: GWWO Architects
- Project: Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine Visitor and Education Center
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Software used: AutoCAD 2009 for the Construction Documents and Google SketchUp for conceptual modeling