Archive for the ‘Educational Center’ Category
Thursday, February 15th, 2018
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
C.F. Møller and Tredje Natur present a new lower-secondary school building at Islands Brygge, which provides the framework for physical, sensory and experience-based learning, with special focus on food and movement.
COPENHAGEN: The New Islands Brygge School is taking shape between Islands Brygge’s vibrant city life and Amager Commons’ green countryside – a new school building for lower-secondary pupils, and with special focus on food and movement. The school building will accommodate a total of 784 pupils up to school-leaving age, as well as the school’s staff and a sports hall. The building will cover around 10,000 square metres, with outdoor areas of 4,000 square metres.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: New Islands Brygge School
- Location: Artillerivej 126, 2300 København S, Danmark
- Client: Københavns Kommune and Byggeri København (BYK)
- Conceptual building and landscape design: C.F. Møller Architects in collaboration with Tredje Natur
- Engineer: MT Højgaard
- Size: 9819 m2
- Year: 2016
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018
Article source: Abscis Architecten
The perpetuation of the cooperation between KU Leuven (Catholic University of Louvain) and VIVES college university has become a fact with the realisation of the KU Leuven Campus in Bruges. The building hosts the Faculty of Industrial and Engineering Sciences and Technology and the Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences and is located in a very prominent place on the Ter Groene Poorte site. As a result, it functions as the actual entrance for whomever approaches the site from the station. The building is the beginning of a public esplanade that combines the various new developments on campus.
Image Courtesy © Dennis De Smet
- Architects: Abscis Architecten
- Project: KUL Campus Bruges
- Location: Site Ter Groene Poorte Spoorwegstraat 12 8200 Brugge, Belgium
- Photography: Dennis De Smet
- Client: Katholieke Universiteit euven
- Design Team: Vereniging van Studiebureaus: Abscis – Provoost – Ingenium
- Cost: € 14 251 000 excl. VAT and fees
- Gross Area: (M2) 11 861 m² (building)
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018
Article source: v2com
The road to knowledge and enlightenment is tough, meandering and full of obstacles. The aim of the project is to create a metaphor of this process, with its zigzag floor plans, as well as the inclined roof, resembling the difficulties one embraces while walking this road.
Image Courtesy © Georgi Pasev
- Architects: STARH
- Project: Architecture School
- Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
- Photography: Georgi Pasev, Vladimir Kavaev and Petar Nikolov
- Client: Uaceg Sofia
- Area: 7956,8 m2
- Completion Date: Project completed 2016
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018
Article source: Filippo Taidelli Architetto
Has taken place in Pieve Emanuele (MI) the official opening of the new Humanitas University Campus – International faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Physiotherapy at the Humanitas Research Hospital – a complex of buildings and greenery designed by Architect Filippo Taidelli of the FTA Studio: an articulated university campus consisting of 3 new buildings for about 25.000 sqm, leading to educational contents and environmental sustainability.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Martiradonna
- Architects: Filippo Taidelli Architetto
- Project: The new Humanitas University Campus
- Location: Milano, Italy
- Photography: Andrea Martiradonna
- Client: PIEVE s.r.l.
- Project manager: ing. Andrea Bambini
- Construction manager: geom. Andrea Gardelli
- Lighting design: Rossi Bianchi Lighting Design
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018
Article source: CEBRA
At CEBRA architecture we rethink architecture – also when we design schools. In Aabybro, Denmark, a new city school has just been inaugurated. A school that challenges the notion of architecture while at the same time reflecting the urban context.
“With Aabybro School the city is getting a new school inspired by its surrounding environment and where parts of the teaching can be performed outdoor regardless of the weather”, says founding partner and architect at CEBRA, Mikkel Frost. He further explains: “The city of Aabybro is identified by its church, town hall, sport facilities and residential area which mainly are made with pitched roof. Therefore, the pitched roof is the cornerstone of the school’s architectural expression. The pitched roof is brought to focus due to its distinctive shape and slanted eaves which give a unique appearance without being intrusive or alien to the area. It is a modern version of the pitched roof where the eaves ensures attractive outdoor spaces for education and play”.
Image Courtesy © Mikkel Frost | CEBRA
- Architects: CEBRA
- Project: New Cebra-School
- Location: Aabybro, Denmark
- Photography: Mikkel Frost | CEBRA
- Client: Jammerbugt Municipality
- Architect of Record: KPF
- Engineers: Frandsen & Søndergaard KS; Esbensen Rådgivende Ingeniør AS
- Size: 12.000m2 – New build
- Constructed: 2013-2016
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018
Article source: ROSAN BOSCH
The Sheik Zayed Private Academy is designed to support different learning styles and 21st century educational skills. By offering overlapping and differentiated learning environments, containing areas for knowledge sharing, inspiration and personal challenge, Rosan Bosch Studio’s design supports, develops and engages each student.
Image Courtesy © ROSAN BOSCH
- Architects: ROSAN BOSCH
- Project: The Sheik Zayed Private Academy
- Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies (QFIS), is located on the Education City Campus, Doha. The scheme provides world class teaching and faculty space and the Education City campus mosque.
QFIS is based on the Islamic ‘Kulliyya’ or ‘place where all knowledge is sought’ and the building provides a progressive learning environment which places the institution at the forefront of contemporary Islamic pedagogy countering the pejorative image of Islamic education.
The Garden of Islamic Arts, Image Courtesy © MYAA
- Architects: MYAA
- Project: Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Photography: MYAA & Qatar Foundation
- Client: Qatar Foundation
- Collaborators: Arup
- Area: 41,000m2 and 70,000 m2 landscape
- Status: Completed 2015
Monday, November 20th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The Renovation and Renewal for the University of Alberta’s Faculty of extension provided a collaborative hub that merged collective and indigenous learning spaces. Located in Edmonton’s Enterprise Square, this updated learning center is the main learning place for thousands of continuing education students each year, and this collaborative space contributes to downtown revitalization.
University of Edmonton, Faculty of Extension, Image Courtesy © Robert Lemermeyer | Lemermeyer Photography Inc.
- Architects: Lemay + Toker
- Project: University of Alberta, Faculty of Extension
- Location: 10230 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Photography: Robert Lemermeyer | Lemermeyer Photography Inc.
- Project Manager: Grace Coulter Sherlock
- Engineers: Stantec (Mechanical), Maskell Plenzik & Partners Eng. Inc (Electrical), Chernenko Engineering LTD (Structural)
- Project Completion: February 2017
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: Dear Design
Two new classrooms have been designed by Dear Design as a multipurpose open space and leave behind the traditional rows of chairs and desks, and speaker’s platform to give life to a new distribution with modular dynamic furniture and greater commitment to technology, lighting and sound.
The new design of the space does not correspond to a simple aesthetic desire or example of modernity, but has been conceived and designed specifically to meet the ways of contact and learning that the new teaching mode of the School of Management of the UPF required.
Image Courtesy © Xavi Torrent
- Architects: Dear Design
- Project: UPF Teaching Spaces, Barcelona School Of Management
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Xavi Torrent
- Client: UPF- Barcelona school of management
- Creative director: Ignasi Llauradó
- Collaborators: Egle Jonykaite, Anna Garreta
- Surface Area: 177 m2
- Year: 2016
Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Article source: J. MAYER H.
The non-profit FOM University is Germany’s largest private university. With over 24 study centers in Germany and abroad, FOM university enrolls more than 21,000 working students, trainees and apprentices. The new building of the FOM University Düsseldorf provides the necessary space for the ever-increasing numbers of students.
Image Courtesy © David Franck
- Architects: J. MAYER H.
- Project: FOM University – New building for the FOM Hochschule
- Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
- Photography: David Franck, Patricia Parinejad
- Software used: ArchiCAD, InDesign, Photoshop
- Client: BildungsCentrum der Wirtschaft gemeinnuetzige GmbH (Education Center for Trade and Industry), Essen
- Partner in charge: Jürgen Mayer H., Hans Schneider
- Project team: Ana I. Alonso de la Varga, Mehrdad Mashaie, Wilko Hoffmann
- Architect on site: Starmans Architekturbuero, Aachen
- Structural engineer: Thomas & Boekamp Ingeniuergesellschaft mbH, Muenster