Archive for the ‘Educational Institute’ Category
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
Article source: architecten-en-en
This building accommodates an advanced vocational school and has been designed as an ensemble with the neighboring ROC on the Stappegoor Campus in Tilburg. The entrance is located on the side of the campus, which creates an omnidirectional building. It has been designed as a split-level volume surrounded by stories in different heights, allowing the various parts of the program to be accommodated in a reliable way that offers flexibility towards the future.
Image Courtesy © architecten-en-en
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
Article source: HOH Architecten
The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) of the University of Amsterdam is a centre for interdisciplinary research and brings together young international scientists to generate ideas, broaden knowledge and develop new research methodologies. Biologists, sociologists and economists work together on topics such as climate change, immigration and financial crises. In addition, Nobel Prize laureates are invited to discuss urgent interdisciplinary issues.
Image Courtesy © HOH Architecten
- Architects: HOH Architecten
- Project: Institute of Advanced Study of the University of Amsterdam
- Location: Oude Turfmarkt, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Client: University of Amsterdam / Institute of Advanced Studies
- Project Team: Freyke Hartemink, Carsten Hilgendorf, Jarrik Ouburg, Matteo Oldini, Julio Tamma
- Consultants: Tentij Constructie BV
- Area: 600 m2
Sunday, April 1st, 2018
Article source: v2com
PJHM Architects have designed an agricultural educational facility for the Coachella Valley Unified School District. Intense climate mitigation and the revitalization of an agricultural community define the Agriculture + Natural Resources Academy (Ag+NRA). PJHM have taken a collaborative approach with the District, nonprofits, and local industry leaders to set the school’s long-term vision, tailoring its campus to suit the growing need for agriculturally based curriculum. This project will also provide a joint-use haven for a roster of local farms.
CVHS Agriculture + Natural Resources – Plaza, Image Courtesy © PJHM Architects
- Architects: PJHM Architects
- Project: Coachella Valley High School Agriculture + Natural Resources Academy
- Location: California, USA
- Client: Coachella Valley Unified School District
Friday, March 30th, 2018
Article source: Coady Architects
The 8,000m2 EOLAS BUILDING at MAYNOOTH UNIVERSITY provides state of the art Information Communication Technology facilities for six different University Departments and Institutes including undergraduate, post-graduate and research users as well as a Business Incubations Centre for start-ups. The building is a major strategic investment by the University as part of an ambitious plan for growth.
Image Courtesy © Coady Architects
- Architects: Coady Architects
- Project: EOLAS, Maynooth University
- Location: Maynooth, Republic of Ireland
- Software used: Autocad, Illustrator
- Quantity Surveyors: Lawlor Burns & Associates
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineers: J V Tierney & Company
- Structural Engineers: Punch Consulting Ltd
- Façade Consultants: Billings Design Associates Ltd
- Main Contractor: Tracey Brothers Ltd
- Project Size: 8,000 sq.m
- Completion: July 2015
Sunday, February 18th, 2018
Article source: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter
The new building for Gjøvik University College is a learning arena for knowledge and education. The project ties in with the existing learning environment of the university college and provides opportunities for the merging with the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
Image Courtesy © Statsbygg and Trond-Isaksen
- Architects: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter
- Project: Gjøvik University College
- Location: Gjøvik, Norway
- Photography: Statsbygg, Trond-Isaksen
- Client: Statsbygg
- Design Team: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter
- Size: 5,000 m2
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018
Article source: ROSAN BOSCH
The Sheik Zayed Private Academy is designed to support different learning styles and 21st century educational skills. By offering overlapping and differentiated learning environments, containing areas for knowledge sharing, inspiration and personal challenge, Rosan Bosch Studio’s design supports, develops and engages each student.
Image Courtesy © ROSAN BOSCH
- Architects: ROSAN BOSCH
- Project: The Sheik Zayed Private Academy
- Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: BVN
The Westmead Millennium Institute (WMI) is headquarters for one of the largest medical research institutes in Australia. The building brings together staff traditionally housed across six sites of the Westmead Hospital campus.
Image Courtesy © BVN
- Architects: BVN
- Project: Westmead Millennium Institute
- Location: Westmead, Australia
Monday, November 27th, 2017
Article source: ADEPT
Cortex Park brings together four educational and innovation programs under one roof – connecting students, researchers and staff with shared sports facilities and urban character.
Image Courtesy © Adam Mørk
- Architects: ADEPT
- Project: Cortex Park
- Location: Odense, Denmark
- Photography: Adam Mørk
- Gross Built Area: 7.500 m2
- Completion Year: 2015
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
KAPSARC (King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Centre) is a non-profit institution for independent research into policies that contribute to the most effective use of energy to provide social wellbeing across the globe.
KAPSARC develops policies and economic frameworks that reduce the environmental impact and overall costs of energy supply and enable practical technology-based solutions to use energy more efficiently.
Image Courtesy © Hufton+Crow
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: ARCHSTUDIO
This is the second children educational space that ARCHSTUDIO designed for Poly Wedo Art Educational Institution. It is located on the second floor of Beijing Damei Central. This institution mainly teaches children music, dance, tea, cooking, and craft courses, so the space design needs to provide appropriate classrooms based on above needs. Inspired by rockery artificial hills in Chinese traditional garden, the design creates multiple ranges of “artificial hills” that allow children to happily play here.
Entrance, Image Courtesy © Wang Ning
- Architects: ARCHSTUDIO
- Project: Rockery for play—Poly WeDo Art Education
- Location: Damei Central, Chaoyang District, Beijing
- Photography: Wang Ning
- Design Team: Han Wen-Qiang, Song Hui-Zhong, Li Yun-Tao
- Project Area: 770 ㎡
- Design Time: 2016.11-2017.01
- Construction Time: 2017.03-2017.06