Archive for the ‘Exhibition Center’ Category
Monday, November 13th, 2017
Article source: CN10ARCHITETTI
The project provides for a new set-up of the “Sala delle Capriate” in the “Palazzo della Ragione” of Upper Bergamo. The building dates back to the XII century and represents the physical and functional center of the historic city. It is the core of a system of open public spaces and it directly relates to them on different sides. Once the building stopped to host the municipality, the upper room changed a series of different functions. Today its walls are covered with a significant review of art pieces collected over time from different buildings of the city.
Image Courtesy © Gianluca Gelmini
- Architects: CN10ARCHITETTI
- Project: Palazzo della Ragione, Sala delle Capriate
- Location: Bergamo, Italy
- Photography: Gianluca Gelmini
- Client: Municipality of Bergamo
- General contractor: Krea allestimenti
- Dimension: 450 mq
- Project: 2017
- Consruction: 2017
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017
Article source: Jacques Ferrier Architecture
The headquarters of Métropole Rouen Normandie is a unique, memorable and fitting image on the banks of the Seine in Rouen.
What makes it so unique is how the new building fits in with the surrounding landscape of Rouen. The building’s dynamic profile contrasts with the omnipresence of horizontal designs found along the major port, while its silhouette echoes the renovated industrial buildings on the right bank. The oblique shapes are reminiscent of the silhouettes of cranes and other objects in the port and the bows of the passing ships.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: Jacques Ferrier Architecture
- Project: Headquarters Of Métropole Rouen Normandie
- Location: Rouen, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Client: Métropole Rouen Normandie
- Architectural Team:
- Studio Pauline Marchetti and Sensual City Studio: signage, design and scenography of the hall
- C&E ingénierie: Structural engineering
- SOGETI: Engineering of fluids and economical construction
- ACV: Acoustics
- Cost: 25 000 000 € excl tax (year 2017)
- Area: 8 300 M²
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
In the heart of a fully renovated pavilion at the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center—Alaska’s largest museum—the new Alaska exhibition has just been unveiled. This exhibit was realized by Quebec company GSM Project, who were given the task of creating a new permanent exhibition to replace one that was conceived in the 1980s and that presented an outdated vision of Alaska. GSM Project was involved in all phases of development of the new gallery, from conception to production, and took an innovative contemporary approach, putting content centre-stage while using design as a medium through which to tell the story of Alaska as an immersive and interactive visitor experience. At a time when attention is turning North, particularly in relation to climate issues, the goal was to showcase Northernness and Alaskan identity in the face of environmental challenges and preconceived ideas of Indigenous culture.
Image Courtesy © 3DS
- Architects: GSM Project
- Project: Alaska Exhibition
- Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States
- Photography: 3DS
- Client: Anchorage Museum
- Mandate: Design, production supervision and installation
- Project Director: François Bellehumeur
- Creation Director: Nicolas St-Cyr
- Production Director: Karine Chartrand
- Area: 15,000 ft2
- Duration: 36 months (3 years)
- Public opening: 2017, September 15
Monday, October 30th, 2017
Article source: Nuno Ribeiro – Arquitectura Urbanismo
Located in Fort St. John of Foz, this exhibition was presented in a building of the seventeenth century, with military architectural features.
Twelve spaces, twelve themes and their creators architects, decorators and designers, each space was created considering a way to experience a certain tourist.
Image Courtesy © Rui paulo
Sunday, October 29th, 2017
Article source: Studio Vertebra
Atasehir Urban Park designed by Studio Vertebra in Istanbul, aims to to create a center of attraction for the Asian side of the city and stimulate social activities with its functional spaces on an urban green zone such as food courts, exhibition center, performance center, gastronomy center and activity areas for the children.
Image Courtesy © Studio Vertebra
- Architects: Studio Vertebra
- Project: Atasehir Urban Park
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Employer: Sam Building
- Total Construction Area: 9.477 sqm
- Project Year: 2016
Thursday, October 5th, 2017
Article source: LATITUDE
LATITUDE has been entrusted to design a center that represents a future commercial area that will be developed in the center of Peking. Hopson Exhibition Center will help future tenants to better understand the appearance, materials and the actual operation of the future commercial area.
Image Courtesy © Hector Peinador
- Architects: LATITUDE
- Project: Hopson Exhibition Center
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Hector Peinador
- Client: Hopson Development Holdings Limited
- Program: 950m2
- Budget: 600,000€
Thursday, September 21st, 2017
Article source: CUN Design
When I first saw the Portuguese brand SERIP lamps, their round, spiral and irregular shapes rooted from the nature remind me of the fantasy world in the movie Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Getting rid of traditional rules, the lamp design perfectly integrates styles such as minimalism, modern and classical. I love SERIP, it gives me a kind of fantastic, romantic and stunning colorful feeling. It is a big surprise for me that I had the chance to design its Beijing exhibition hall in March 2017.
Image Courtesy © Wang Ting and Wang Jin
- Architects: CUN Design
- Project: Serip Lighting Exhibition Hall
- Location: Fenghuiyuan, Maquanying, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
- Photography: Wang Ting and Wang Jin
- Chief designer: Cui Shu
- Area: 430㎡
- Design Time: 2017
- Completion Time: 2017
Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Article source: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
The ongoing events and visitors that inhabit this urban oasis, together with the designed spatial elements, bring a transformative and invigorating life to a neighborhood in the making. As Shanghai expands, the Hongqiao District has become its new vibrant neighborhood because of the concentration of Hongqiao Railway and Subway Station, Hongqiao Airport, the new Convention Center and the CBD. The developer Shui On Land, the mastermind behind the Xintiandi development introduced the HUB mixed-use development in the heart of this new district. The highlight of this complex is the Performance and Exhibition Center that is envisioned as the “hot spot” of culture and arts of the new neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Dirk Weiblen
- Architects: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
- Project: The HUB Performance and Exhibition Center
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Dirk Weiblen
- Square Footage: 15,700 sq m
- Completion Date: October 2015
Friday, September 15th, 2017
Article source: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC) is a government agency with a mission to inspire creative thinking in the society and to propel the country’s creative economy. It provides a broad range of resources and services. The main components are a design library, a material library, and a co-working space. Other components include a makerspace, exhibition spaces, and workshops.
Image Courtesy © W Workspace
- Architects: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
- Project: Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC)
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: W Workspace
- Software used: Rhinoceros, Autocad, 3dS Max
- Design Team: Peerapat Singkalvanich, Penlada Somjaidee, Komkrich Thonglaem, Tanasab Apiwannarat, Worrawit Leangweeradech, Tanapat Phanlert, Phasit Rattanachaisit, T-mah Chaivuthigornvanit
- Landscape Architect: Shma
- Lighting Designer: ACCENT Studio
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
Perth & Kinross Council have selected Mecanoo architecten for the renovation of Perth City Hall. The category B-listed building will be transformed into a cultural facility with exhibition spaces, learning suite, café and retail space.
Mecanoo envisions the project as means to create a new gateway to Perth; to its history and its pride. The scheme proposal seeks to re-activate Perth City Hall by a number of ‘light touch’ interventions that embrace the building’s beauty and character, whilst improving accessibility and reinforcing existing connections.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten