Archive for the ‘Exhibition Center’ Category
Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Article source: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
The ongoing events and visitors that inhabit this urban oasis, together with the designed spatial elements, bring a transformative and invigorating life to a neighborhood in the making. As Shanghai expands, the Hongqiao District has become its new vibrant neighborhood because of the concentration of Hongqiao Railway and Subway Station, Hongqiao Airport, the new Convention Center and the CBD. The developer Shui On Land, the mastermind behind the Xintiandi development introduced the HUB mixed-use development in the heart of this new district. The highlight of this complex is the Performance and Exhibition Center that is envisioned as the “hot spot” of culture and arts of the new neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Dirk Weiblen
- Architects: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
- Project: The HUB Performance and Exhibition Center
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Dirk Weiblen
- Square Footage: 15,700 sq m
- Completion Date: October 2015
Friday, September 15th, 2017
Article source: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC) is a government agency with a mission to inspire creative thinking in the society and to propel the country’s creative economy. It provides a broad range of resources and services. The main components are a design library, a material library, and a co-working space. Other components include a makerspace, exhibition spaces, and workshops.
Image Courtesy © W Workspace
- Architects: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
- Project: Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC)
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: W Workspace
- Design Team: Peerapat Singkalvanich, Penlada Somjaidee, Komkrich Thonglaem, Tanasab Apiwannarat, Worrawit Leangweeradech, Tanapat Phanlert, Phasit Rattanachaisit, T-mah Chaivuthigornvanit
- Landscape Architect: Shma
- Lighting Designer: ACCENT Studio
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
Perth & Kinross Council have selected Mecanoo architecten for the renovation of Perth City Hall. The category B-listed building will be transformed into a cultural facility with exhibition spaces, learning suite, café and retail space.
Mecanoo envisions the project as means to create a new gateway to Perth; to its history and its pride. The scheme proposal seeks to re-activate Perth City Hall by a number of ‘light touch’ interventions that embrace the building’s beauty and character, whilst improving accessibility and reinforcing existing connections.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten
Friday, September 1st, 2017
Article source: MasilWIDE
Disamobili, company that imports and sells luxury brands’ goods such as Poliform and Ligne roset, etc, is the furniture company that has long maintained the top spot.
It is the first time that they has built the headquarter building that is also used for exhibition space after they have established themselves on the furniture street in Nonhyun-dong.
Image Courtesy © Lee Namsun
- Architects: MasilWIDE
- Project: Disamobili headquarters and exhibition hall
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: Lee Namsun, Lovehouse
Thursday, August 31st, 2017
Article source: Shangyuan Art Design
The client expected that the exhibition center can not only meet the basic functional needs, but also change the common impression of a pure office and display space in the past, and provide customers with a relaxed and leisure experience. In order to maximize the liquidity of the space, the layout is centered on the circular exhibition hall, with four counters surrounding the black pillars, which create a strong visual impact. The office has different functions, suitable proportion and ideal circulation. The rest area for customers is located in the centre of the north/south office, which alleviates the serious atmosphere of the whole area. At the front hall, the designer wanted to attract customers’ attention by adding a huge model to the ceiling of the display area, sometimes independent business can be achieved here. The designer hoped that the inherent business image can be changed through spatial senses and office type arrangement.
Image Courtesy © Shangyuan Art Design
- Architects: Shangyuan Art Design
- Project: Wal.Diamond Exhibition Center
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Scale: 1600m2
- Completion: 2017
Wednesday, August 30th, 2017
Article source: Philippe SAMYN and PARTNERS Architects and Engineers
The Glass Centre, Flemish Centre for Modern Art, has been constructed along the length of the “De Vryheyt” passage, right in the heart of the town of Lommel. On “Dorp” square it completes the cultural ensemble formed by the Aerts house and the regional tourist centre. In the “De Vryheyt” passage, a new glass gallery links “Dorp” square with the “De Adelberg” cultural centre and its future theatre.
Image Courtesy © Marie-Françoise PLISSART
- Architects: Philippe SAMYN and PARTNERS Architects and Engineers
- Project: The Glass Centre
- Location: Doorgang de Vryheyt, Lommel, Belgium
- Photography: Marie-Françoise Plissart, Imre Tömöri.
- Client: TOERISME LOMMEL vzw, STAD LOMMEL,
- Architecture Conception and Direction: Philippe Samyn
- Partner in charge: L. Gestels
- Associates: J.P. Buse, D. Debougnoux, S. Konincks, R. van Lammeren, M. Van Rossen
- Structural engineering: Philippe SAMYN and PARTNERS sprl with SETESCO sa (J. Schiffmann, Ph. Samyn)
- MEP engineering: Philippe SAMYN and PARTNERS sprl with FTI sa (J. Michiels, Ph. Samyn)
- Main contractor: REYNDERS B&I
- Workshop equipment: INTEGRATED GLASS SYSTEM
- Monumental lighting: MAGIC MONKEY
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Article source: CCTN Architectural Design Co. Ltd
The winter Olympics Plaza locates at the northwest part of the original factory, to the south of Fushi Road, to the north of Xin’an Street. The show lake at the north and the Shijingshan Mountain at the west bring about splendid natural landscape.
Image Courtesy © Chen He
- Architects: CCTN Architectural Design Co. Ltd
- Project: 2022 The winter Olympics Plaza
- Location: Shougang Garden, Shijingshan Zone, Beijing
- Photography: Chen He
- Design team: Bo Hongtao, Jiang Ke, Zhu Jiang, Zhang Yang, Gao Wei, Wang Zeng
- Gross floor area (m2): 86500㎡
- Design year: 2016
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Article source: Team V Architecture
By combining state-of-the-art materials with optimal reuse the sturdy TU/e Main Building from the sixties is transformed into a transparent and energy efficient university building. Opening the low-rise towards both the high rise and outside, makes the building into an inviting entrance to the TU/e campus and a showcase for innovation and technology.
Image Courtesy © Team V Architecture
- Architects: Team V Architecture
- Project: Atlas Building Technical University Eindhoven the Netherland
- Location: Den Dolech, Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
- Client: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Design Team: Team RSVP Total Engineer, a collaboration between Team V, Van Rossum, Valstar Simonis and Peutz
- Visuals: Zwartlicht
- Start project: 2014
- Completion: 2018
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Laboratory of architecture #3
To be inviting is a central aspect forming the architectural concept of the third municipal Mediatheque opened in 2017 in Tbilisi Georgia.
Building is located in the center of the park, in the district where the housing blocks stand surrounded by the vast and industrial zones. The project is aimed to fill the deficit of the cultural and educational facilities of the area. The Building serves as a traditional and a multimedia library for children and adults, it has the reading halls, children play areas, spaces for the lectures and various presentations. Mediatheque is also a venue for conferences, concerts and exhibitions.
Image Courtesy © Nakanimamasakhlisi
- Architects: Laboratory of architecture #3
- Project: Mediathek
- Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Photography: Nakanimamasakhlisi
- Project team: Kakha Maisuradze, Tea Tabagari, Nika Gomelauri, Hylke Bleeker, Irakli Abashidze, Dimitri Shapakidze
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Office of Conference and Exhibition Architecture (BIAD Office 3A7）
Hangzhou International Expo Center is situated on the bank of Qiantang River. Its form is grand and exquisite, and rich in the implication “of Jiangnan”. To this date, it is the biggest, most advanced mega urban complex in China.
Image Courtesy © Lu Xu
- Architects: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Office of Conference and Exhibition Architecture (BIAD Office 3A7)
- Project: International Expo Center
- Location: Jingben Avenue, Qianjiang Shijicheng, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Photography: Lu Xu
- Principle architect: Liu Mingjun
- Client: Hangzhou Olympic and International Expo Center, Xiaoshan Construction and Investment Company Limited
- Structural Engineer: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Second Design Office
- MEP Consultant: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Second Design Office
- Quantity surveyor: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Economics Division