Archive for the ‘Exhibition Center’ Category
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Laboratory of architecture #3
To be inviting is a central aspect forming the architectural concept of the third municipal Mediatheque opened in 2017 in Tbilisi Georgia.
Building is located in the center of the park, in the district where the housing blocks stand surrounded by the vast and industrial zones. The project is aimed to fill the deficit of the cultural and educational facilities of the area. The Building serves as a traditional and a multimedia library for children and adults, it has the reading halls, children play areas, spaces for the lectures and various presentations. Mediatheque is also a venue for conferences, concerts and exhibitions.
Image Courtesy © Nakanimamasakhlisi
- Architects: Laboratory of architecture #3
- Project: Mediathek
- Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Photography: Nakanimamasakhlisi
- Project team: Kakha Maisuradze, Tea Tabagari, Nika Gomelauri, Hylke Bleeker, Irakli Abashidze, Dimitri Shapakidze
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Office of Conference and Exhibition Architecture (BIAD Office 3A7）
Hangzhou International Expo Center is situated on the bank of Qiantang River. Its form is grand and exquisite, and rich in the implication “of Jiangnan”. To this date, it is the biggest, most advanced mega urban complex in China.
Image Courtesy © Lu Xu
- Architects: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Office of Conference and Exhibition Architecture (BIAD Office 3A7)
- Project: International Expo Center
- Location: Jingben Avenue, Qianjiang Shijicheng, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Photography: Lu Xu
- Principle architect: Liu Mingjun
- Client: Hangzhou Olympic and International Expo Center, Xiaoshan Construction and Investment Company Limited
- Structural Engineer: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Second Design Office
- MEP Consultant: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Second Design Office
- Quantity surveyor: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Economics Division
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017
Article source: Hongshi Architects, Engineers&Design Co.,Ltd
In 2015, a client had asked us to design an on site exhibition centre for housing development, the task is to present the examples for surrounding neighborhood and its infrastructure. After the development it will be converted into a cultural exhibition centre.
It is worth to be mentioned that along the way to the building site, you can experience the ancient atmosphere of the capital of China.
Image Courtesy © Zhang Luqiu
- Architects: Hongshi Architects, Engineers&Design Co.,Ltd
- Project: Xinzhudongfang Exhibition Center
- Location: Huaifang West Road, Fengtai District, Beijing, China
- Photography: Zhang Luqiu
- Client: Overseas Chinese Town Enterprises Co.
- Design team: Zhang Luqiu, Zhang Bing , Zhou Guohui , Li Mo, Du Qiawen , Zhang Jianxia , Kang Dong, Tian Hongjiang
- Structural Engineer: Xue Wei
- MEP Consultant: Shen Juan
- Lighting consultant: Shi Kefeng
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: Powerhouse Company
Powerhouse Company, in collaboration with landscape architect ZUS and developer Amvest, won the invited competition for a 70,000 m2 mixed use building right next to the central station of Eindhoven. In Powerhouse Company’s winning design, three slender towers fan out to generous plinths. The complex combines a varied residential program with an array of (semi-)public amenities ranging from hotel to work/meeting spaces, a student study centre, shops, restaurants and exhibition spaces.
Image Courtesy © Powerhouse Company
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: Architectural Design & Research Institute of South China University of Technology
Back Ground Information:
The place where the ruins Unit 731 of the Japanese Imperial Army used to station is particular not just for its role as a historical site. Its particularity is already defined by the broken walls, silent and solemn gravel ground, rails extending to infinity, and the desolate lofty elms surrounding it, before the architect has time to assess the harmony of such combination.
Image Courtesy © Yao li
- Architects: Architectural Design & Research Institute of South China University of Technology
- Project: The Exhibition Hall of Crime
- Location: Harbin, China
- Photography: Yao li
- Chief architect: He Jingtang
- Principle architect: He Jingtang
- Team Members: Ni Yang, He Chili, He Xiaoxin, Liu Tao, Luo Menghao, Luo Wanjun, Lu Zhiwei, Su Hao, Yan Zhong, Wu Zhaohui, Wang Mingjie, Zhu Yuanzheng, Chen Mengjun
- Lighting consultant: GH Architectural Lighting Design Ltd
Wednesday, June 14th, 2017
Article source: Bornstein Lyckefors arkitekter
Bornstein Lyckefors Architects has designed a museum and cultural center in an old school in the forest outside Torsby, Sweden. The museum pays tribute to slash-burn agriculture Finns who settled deep into the forests in the early 1600s.
The facade consists of 300 logs that has been cut down in the woods surrounding the museum. They are decorticated, untreated, cleaved in half, and mounted on a rack surrounding the building, Image Courtesy © Bornstein Lyckefors arkitekter
- Architects: Bornstein Lyckefors arkitekter
- Project: Torsby Finnskogscentrum
- Location: Värmland, Sweden
- Client: Värmlands Museum
- Team: Per Bornstein, Andreas Lyckefors, Johan Olsson, Elle-Kari Mannerfelt, Alexandra Lindberg, Monica Warwick
- Building cost: 5,9 M SEK
- Size: 2000 sqm
- Date: 2014
Friday, May 26th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
Surrounded by residential towers and infrastructure, the site for the Bao’an Public Culture and Art Center presents several challenges. Mecanoo reinterpreted these challenges as opportunities, capitalising on the proximity of the new cultural facility to the adjacent Bao’an Central Metro Station and the Binhai School.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten
- Architects: Mecanoo architecten
- Project: Bao’an Public Culture and Art Center
- Location: Xinhu Road and Chuangye Road, Bao’an District, Shenzhen, China
- Client: Urban Planning, Land & Resources Commission of Shenzhen Municipality, Bao’an Administration
- Programme: Culture and Art Center (49,830m² above ground, 34,290m² underground), including 21,015m² Museum, 16,070 m² Art Gallery, 17,450m² Gallery, 3,170m² sports field, and 23,490m² service area with auditorium, restaurant, art bookstore, meeting room and underground parking
- Size: 84,120m2
- Project Design: 2016
Sunday, May 21st, 2017
Article source: mecanoo
Mecanoo created the design for “A different vision on fashion photography” a large-scale travelling retrospective of the multi-faceted oeuvre of German photographer Peter Lindbergh.
Image Courtesy © mecanoo
- Architects: mecanoo
- Project: Peter Lindbergh Exhibition Kunsthal
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Client: Kunsthal, Rotterdam
- Project Design: 2016
- Project Realisation: 2016-2017
- Status: Ongoing
Sunday, May 14th, 2017
Article source: Dou Zhi
Located in Xiuzhou New Area, Zhejiang Province, and built in 2011, sandwiched between the corner of two city roads——Zhongshan West Road and Xiuqing Road, Jiaxing Innovation Park Exhibition Center of North Branch Construction is one of south entrance to the commercial pedestrian street of the Beijing Science and Technology Park Yangtze River Delta innovation Business District 1 # block.
Image Courtesy © Zhou Ruogu
- Architects: Dou Zhi
- Project: Jiaxing Innovation Park Exhibition Center
- Location: Jiaxing City, Zhejiang Province, China
- Photography: Zhou Ruogu
- Construction Unit: Beijing Science and Technology Park Construction(Group) Limited by Share Ltd
- Design Unit: Beijing Architectural Design and Research Institute (BIAD)
- Architectural Design: Dou Zhi, Hou Fang, Tang Siyuan
- Structural Design: Xiao Chuanxin, Sun Lei
- Equipment: Shen Zheng, Xu Tingting
- Electricity: Han Quansheng, Shi Honggang
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
Article source: AL_A
MAAT, the new Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology, is an outward-looking museum located on the banks of the Tagus in Belém, the district from where the Portuguese great explorers set off. Proposing a new relationship with the river and the wider world, the kunsthalle is a powerful yet sensitive and low-slung building that explores the convergence of contemporary art, architecture and technology.
The new building is the centrepiece of EDP Foundation’s masterplan for an art campus that includes the repurposed Central Tejo power station.
Image Courtesy © Francisco Nogueira
- Architects: AL_A
- Project: MAAT – Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: EDP Foundation, Francisco Nogueira, Hufton Crow and Piet Niemann
- Client: Fundação EDP
- Principal: Amanda Levete
- Project Director: Maximiliano Arrocet
- Team: Fernando Ruiz Barberan, Mirta Bilos, Alex Bulygin, Grace Chan, Sara Ortiz Cortijo, Alice Dietsch, Ciriaco Castro Diez, Yoo Jin Kim, Ilina Kroushovski, Michael Levy, Cristina Revilla Madrigal, Stanislaw Mlynski, Ho-Yin Ng, Giulio Pellizzon, Raffael Petrovic, Chloe Piper, Filippo Previtali, Arya Safavi, Maria Alvarez-Santullano, Joe Shepherd, Paula Vega, Konstantinos Zaverdinos