Archive for the ‘Exhibition Center’ Category
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Article source: UNIT Architects LLP
UNIT Architects held the opening night of their 12 week exhibition on Tuesday 16th July in the entrance space of Buro Happold’s 17 Newman Street offices as part of Buro Happold’s Emerging Architects event programme.
Emerging Architects is a series of events run by Buro Happold to promote and expose the work of some of the world’s most imaginative and engaging new architects. Currently in its sixth exhibition, the series has drawn in a diverse array of talent, and promises to go from strength to strength.
Image Courtesy © UNIT Architects LLP
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Article source: Cox Rayner Architects
The Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre Expansion (BCEC on Grey) is responsible for the engagement of one artist to conceive and create a narrative of works which enrich the experience from the street right through the internal public spaces of such a large and significant public building.
Image Courtesy © Cox Rayner Architects
- Architects: Cox Rayner Architects
- Project: The Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Location: Australia
- Photography: Cox Rayner Architects
Saturday, June 29th, 2013
Article source: DGT architects
FROZEN TIME CITIZEN IN BASELWORLD
‘Frozen time’ has been presented for a Japanese watch brand CITIZEN in Baselworld which is the largest watch and jewel industry exhibition in the world. In this year, the main exhibition hall has been fully renewed, therefore all the brands are intended to express their next 4 year’s vision. In order to conceive their brand identity almost all the brands has designed a fully new booth for this year’s exhibition. CITIZEN as a Japanese watchmaker took their approach to represent their brand identity differently in this context. Instead of just renewing entire booth for next 4 years, they have reserved a large reception space to be opened and to present an installation for CITIZEN every year as space to evolve and to express their fundamental identity of ‘Challenging sprits’.
Image Courtesy © Takuji Shimmura, Paris
- Architects: DGT architects
- Project: FROZEN TIME
- Location: Basel, Swizeland
- Photography: Takuji Shimmura, Paris
- Client: CITIZEN HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
- Program: Installation for Citizen
- Technical direction: Luftzug, Amsterdam
Friday, June 28th, 2013
Article source: AllesWirdGut
…is an architectural interpretation of the Taiwanese Mountains reflecting in the sea, a building of 65.000m2 library and exhibition spaces in the Center of Taichung.
The building consists of 3 interconnecting spaces, interpreting known landscape motives.
LIBRARY – Mountains
PUBLIC CONNECTION ZONE – Horizon
MUSEUM – Cave
Image Courtesy © Miss3, AllesWirdGut
- Architects: AllesWirdGut
- Project: REFLECTIONS
- Location: Taiwan, China
- Photography: Miss3
- Typology: TAICHUNG CITY CULTURAL CENTER, Public Library and Fine Arts Museum, Bibliothek und Museum
- Customer: Taichung City / TW
- International Competition: 06.2013
- Net floor area NFA: — m²
- Gross floor area GFA: 65.000 m²
Tuesday, June 25th, 2013
Article source: Grieve gillett
The Depot is a major installation and venue that has been built primarily for the 2013 Adelaide Fringe Festival with the intention of becoming a long term facility. It is located on land previously used as Adelaide’s main bus station (intrastate and interstate). The Depot has been designed to invigorate the City’s West End precinct at a time when much of the Adelaide Fringe focus is at the East End of the city.
Image Courtesy © Grieve gillett
- Architects: Grieve gillett
- Project: The Depot
- Location: Adelaide, Australia
- Software used: Sketchup and AutoCad
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
Article source: Migliore + Servetto Architects
The Chopin Muzeum is the result of an international competition for the ideation and realization of the new permanent exhibition design of the Museum. Held under the patronage of the Minister of Culture Bogdan Zdrojewski and National Heritage, the Italian firm Migliore+Servetto Architects studio won the permanent exhibition project in 2008, amongst 32 international firms.
Image Courtesy © MARCIN CZECHOWICZ
- Architects: Migliore + Servetto Architects
- Project: Chopin Muzeum in Warsaw
- Location: Ostrogski Palace, Warsaw, Poland
- Photography: MARCIN CZECHOWICZ
- Opening: 1st march 2010
- Client: Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina
2013 German Design Award (GER) Nominee Architecture and Interior Design
2011 Red Dot Design Award (GER) winner Communication Design
2011 Fx International Interior Design Award (UK) shortlisted – Museum or Exhibition Space Category
Saturday, May 25th, 2013
Article source: Arquitectos Ayala
This was the first prize in a restricted national contest announced by the “Madrid Autonomous Region” and the Getafe Town Council. Once we had won the contest, we talked to the jury, composed of four architects. They told us the had very much liked the plan and that it bore a great resemblance to the monastery of San Lorenzo del Escorial in its ground plan and size, which made it even more interesting.
Image Courtesy Arquitectos Ayala
- Architects: Arquitectos Ayala
- Project: Exhibition site and conference hall
- Location: Getafe, Madrid, Spain
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Article source: UNStudio
For many years UNStudio has been investigating the potential of the temporary installation as an experimental testing ground for manifold architectural concerns and it is these investigations that form the basis of the exhibition ‘Motion Matters’. The exhibition presents ten of UNStudio’s milestone projects, in addition to conveying their perspective on 25 years of architectural production, their current approach to architectural practice and the wider discourse that determines design challenges today.
Image Courtesy © Christian Richters
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Motion Matters exhibition at the Aedes Gallery
- Location: Berlin
- Photography: Christian Richters
- Press Conference: Friday, May 17, 2013, 13:00 PM
- Exhibition dates: May 17 – July 4, 2013
- Opening: Friday, May 17, 2013, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
Article source: Kimmel Eshkolot Architects
The Forum project is an Exhibitions Center, and is part of the huge Tel- Aviv Wholesale Market Project currently under construction, comprising thousands apartments, a mall, a school and a sports complex.The project, located in the city center,is built on the grounds of the former market, recently removed to the outskirts.
Image Courtesy Kimmel Eshkolot Architects
- Architects: Kimmel Eshkolot Architects
- Project: Tel-Aviv White City Forum Winning Proposal
- Location: Israel
- Status: in progress
- Software used: ‘Sketch Up’ for modeling and ‘Vray’ for rendering
Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
Article source: Von Gerkan, Marg And Partner
With their design for the Tianjin Exhibition Centre, the architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp) won the 1st prize of an international design competition. To win the prize the practice had to prevail against competition from FUKSAS, HHP, NBBJ/BIAD and others.
Image courtesy gmp Architekten
- Architects: gmp Architekten
- Project: Tianjin Exhibition Centre
- Location: Tianjin, China
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Stephan Schütz with Nicolas Pomränke
- Project management, competition: Simon Schetter, Patrick Pfleiderer
- Team, competition: Helene Käschel, Katja Pötzsch, Jens Förster, Keke Ye, Stefan Hornscheidt, Bernd Gotthardt, Ulrike Finkbeiner, Thilo Zehme, Jan Deml, Zhou Bin, George Liang, Christian Machnacki, Gai Xudong, Wu Di, Wang Jue, Lin Wei
- Project management, planning: Stephan Rewolle, Matthias Wiegelmann, Bao Wei
- Team, planning : Lin Wei, Tian Xueli, Mulyanto, Wu Di, Stefan Hornscheidt, Yulia Gandasari
- Client: Tianjin Planning Bureau
- Gross floor area Messegelände: 1.200.000 square metres
- Additional space for urban design purposes: 2.150.000 square metre