Archive for the ‘Extention’ Category
Sunday, April 16th, 2017
Article source: OMA
The Pierre Lassonde Pavilion—the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec’s fourth building is interconnected yet disparate—is a subtly ambitious, even stealthy, addition to the city. Rather than creating an iconic imposition, it forms new links between the park and the city, and brings coherence to the MNBAQ.
Image Courtesy © OMA
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Expansion of the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec (MNBAQ)
- Location: Parc des Champs-de-Bataille, Québec City, Canada
- Status: Competition 2010. Completion: June 2016
Thursday, April 13th, 2017
Article source: GDA officina di architettura
The project area is located in the outskirts of Villafranca and Verona, between the urban core and the agricultural land.
The more distinctive presence is the “strada della Rizza” around which is structured the small village Rizza, that’s a quite busy output axis of Verona.
The new building is designed as a reconstruction and expansion of a previously existing one lying parallel to the “strada della Rizza” and looks like an inhabited wall that protects the school from the nearby road. For this reason, it present a 3,5m high basement in concrete without any window that look like an infrastructure’s construction.
Image Courtesy © Nicolo Galeazzi
- Architects: GDA officina di architettura
- Project: G.Zanella Primary School Renovation
- Location: Villafranca ( VR), Italia
- Photography: Nicolo Galeazzi
- Client: Comune di Villafranca
- Program: expansion, renovation and energy efficiency of school building
- Dimension: 2100 mq ( 1200m2 renovation – 900m2 expansion)
- Costs: 2.200.000 €
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: SEFAR® Architecture
SEFAR® VISION fabric, laminated into the exterior glass façade of a new terminal at Keflavik International Airport in Iceland, adds a striking and sustainable element to the country’s growing transportation hub.
In 2016, the airport saw nearly seven million passengers, almost double what it saw in 2014. As a result, a new 4,700-square-meter terminal was built to service additional passengers to and from aircraft.
Image Courtesy © SEFAR® Architecture
- Architects: SEFAR® Architecture
- Project: Expansion at Iceland’s, Keflavik International Airport
- Location: Iceland, Keflavik
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
Article source: Pich-Aguilera Architects
The building, which takes in the Civic Centre Joan Oliver, was built in the late 90s. Their services are distributed on the ground floor and their spaces are articulated on both sides of a longitudinal corridor, where they are located, on one side, the classrooms and offices, and on the opposite side, the gym and the locker room.
Image Courtesy © Simón García
- Architects: Pich-Aguilera Architects
- Project: Joan Oliver – Pere Quart Civic Center Extension
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Simón García
- Software used: Autocad
Sunday, March 26th, 2017
Article source: Joeb Moore & Partners
The renovation/addition of this Tudor style residence in Rye, New York links the home to its exterior by adding light filled program and circulation. While maximizing the habitable use of the site, the addition also responds to the key parameters of the existing home, preserving its character and history within the suburban neighborhood context.
Image Courtesy © David Sundberg/Esto
- Architects: Joeb Moore & Partners
- Project: 35HP
- Location: Rye, New York, USA
- Photography: David Sundberg/Esto and Dorothy Hong
- General Contractor: Prutting & Company Custom Builders
- Structural Engineer: Edward Stanley Engineers LLC
- Civil Enginner: Frangione Engineering, LLC
- Interior Design: DB Design
- Design Principal: Joeb Moore
- Project Manager: Doug Patt
- Gross Built Area: 4815 square feet
- Completion Year: 2014
Friday, February 17th, 2017
Article source: Specht Architects
The Doyle Hall renovation and the New Classroom Addition create a campus courtyard, which is activated by the presence of a centuries-old live oak tree, a new cafe, and a year-round mix of student and faculty spaces.
Image Courtesy © Specht Architects
- Architects: Specht Architects (Scott Specht, Louise Harpman, Sarah Gamble, Erica Quinones, Brett Wolfe)
- Project: Doyle Hall Addition + Renovation
- Location: St. Edward’s University, Austin, Texas, USA
- Software used: AutoCad 2008, SketchUp 6
- Client Representative: Benz Resource Group
- MEP Engineering: Energy Engineering Associates
- Structural Engineering: Architectural Engineers Collaborative
- Civil Engineering: Urban Design Group
- Landscape Architecture: Sasaki Associates, Inc. in association with RVI Inc.
- Contractor: VRW Construction Company
- Project size: 33,250 sf
- Completion: 2009
- Awards: 2010 AIA Austin Honor Award
Thursday, February 16th, 2017
Article source: mei architects and planners
In the summer of 2013 Mei architects and planners won the architect selection procedure for the design of the new volume and the redevelopment of the Fenix I warehouse..
The Fenix warehouses, located opposite Hotel New York and the Rijnhaven Bridge, were built in 1922 in Katendrecht, Rotterdam. Previously called the San Francisco warehouse, the structure has two levels with floor heights of six metres, and was originally 360 metres in length.
Image Courtesy © Mei & WAX
- Architects: mei architects and planners
- Project: Fenix I – Loft apartments on top of a warehouse
- Location: Veerlaan / Rijnhaven Rotterdam NL
- Photography: Mei & WAX
- Client: Heijmans Vastgoed
- Team Mei architects and planners: Robert Winkel, Menno van der Woude, Michiel van Loon, Robert Platje, Roy Wijte, Riemer Postma, Ruben Aalbersberg, Kasia Domachowska, Adriaan Smidt, Rutger Kuipers, Rob reintjes, Danijel Gavranovic, King Chaichana, Johan van Es
- Area: 8.500 m2 commercial, cultural & culinary / ca. 9.000 m2 parking / ca. 23.000 m2 loft apartments
Wednesday, February 8th, 2017
Article source: Studio Libeskind
World-Renowned Architect Daniel Libeskind Unveils Design for a New Lithuanian Modern Art Center
Viktoras Butkus and Danguole Butkiene, co-founders of the non-profit Modern Art Center (MAC) Vilnius, along with Mayor Remigijus Simasius, announce the design of a new modernist museum by Polish-American architect Daniel Libeskind, Studio Libeskind (New York/Milan/Zurich) in partnership with Do architects (Vilnius) and Baltic Engineers (Vilnius).
Image Courtesy © Studio Libeskind
- Architects: Studio Libeskind
- Project: Lithuanian Modern Art Center
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Thursday, February 2nd, 2017
Article source: Lab-S
Contrast and balance in the same renovation project
A timber clad extension creates a new relationship between a brick semi-detached house and its green surrounding.
Kraal Architecten and Lab-S have joined forces for the renovation of a semi-detached house in Zeist, the Netherlands. The project consists of a large interior transformation with a total new layout and a new addition at the back of the original house.
Image Courtesy © Ed van Rijswijk
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
Article source: Irving Smith Architects
House with Villa Silhouette
A house after the Christchurch quakes. One creative home comes down, another goes up, the new silhouetting the old, reminding, resettling, providing lineage.
Where the former villa sat square and inward, the new layers out across the southern view, shaping to the silhouette for light, and framing a greater appreciation of the everyday.
Image Courtesy © Patrick Reynolds
- Architects: Irving Smith Architects
- Project: House with Villa Silhouette
- Location: Lyttleton, New Zealand
- Photography: Patrick Reynolds
- Lead Architects: Jeremy Smith
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 182m2
- Completion Year: 2015