Archive for the ‘Extention’ Category
Sunday, March 20th, 2016
Article source: kirsch ZT GmbH
The “Open Air” School of the city of Vienna, often referred to as the \”Baslerschule\”, completed in 1951 and designed by Roland Rainer, is located on the southern outskirts of Vienna (23rd district) in the middle of a heterogeneous environment. This elongated, L-shaped, single-storey, landmarked building with a gabled roof received an extension in the 1970s in the form of four free-standing annexed classrooms constructed in wood adjoining the eastern end of school grounds.
Image Courtesy © Hertha Hurnaus
- Architects: kirsch ZT GmbH
- Project: School Extension Elementary School
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Hertha Hurnaus
Saturday, February 20th, 2016
Article source: Foster + Partners
A gala was held in Palm Beach today on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the Norton Museum of Art, which coincided with the groundbreaking ceremony for The New Norton. The event was attended by Lord Foster along with Norton Executive Director Hope Alswang, and Norton Board of Trustees Chairman Harry Howell. The New Norton will revitalise and expand the existing museum, adding more galleries and visitor facilities, while restoring the original axial layout of the Museum, set within an exotic Floridian landscape. It seeks to enhance the experience of art by reinforcing the relationship between the building and the landscape and create a new social focus for the community. It also lays the foundations for the future growth of the museum to become one of Florida’s leading cultural institutions.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: The new extension at the Norton Museum of Art
- Location: Florida, US
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Article source: CBD Contemporary Building Design d.o.o.
The department of wood science and technology is an extension of the Biotechnical faculty and is attached to surrounding buildings via an existing connecting corridor. A central hallway parts the rectangular building with dimensions 40 x 13,5 m in plan to professors’ cabinets in the southern from laboratories in the northern part. A glazed belt over the hallway is formed by an arc shaped roof and provides daylight to the interior.
Image Courtesy © Damjan Švarc
- Architects: CBD Contemporary Building Design d.o.o.
- Project: Extension of the Biotechnical Faculty
- Location: Rožna dolina, Cesta VIII/34, 1000 Ljubljana
- Photography: Damjan Švarc
- Structural design: Bruno Dujič, Jurij Jančar CBD d.o.o.
- Electrical installations: Ciril Bokal, Ciril Bokal s.p.
- Mechanical Engineer: Boštjan Petru, IB Petru d.o.o.
- Ground floor: gross 542 m2
- Designed: 2014
- Built: 2015
Friday, February 12th, 2016
Article source: Fumihiko Sano
This work was made for the exhibition, “Measuring: This much, That much, How much?” held at 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT from February 20th to May 30th, 2015.
I designed this in collaboration with MUJI, using their first furniture product, the steel shelving unit.
First, I began the project by discussing the importance of this steel shelving unit with the designers at MUJI to study what this product meant for them.
Image Courtesy © Daisuke Shima /Nacása&Partners Inc
- Architects: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON+Ryohin keikaku
- Project: Unit of MUJI
- Location: 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, Minato-ku,Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Daisuke Shima / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Construction: Fumihiko sano / studio phenomenon
- Site area: 13.40m²
- Completion: 2/2015
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
The 1st prize in the competition for the extension and conversion of the Swiss Hôpital du Valais at Sion goes to gmp Architects and Ferrari Architects. The extension building adds its additional space at a suitable distance from the existing building. The existing and new buildings form a cohesive light-flooded ensemble with short routes using the open space and a circular access route.
Image Courtesy © gmp
Thursday, December 24th, 2015
Architects: PUZZLE’S architecture
The house of the family, built in 1730, is located in the valley of Lustin (Belgium) at the border of a dead end street, next to a huge forest. The plot, an area of 3600 meters square, is strongly undulated. On one side of the land you have the house, and on the other side the forest. Between them, flows a river. The landscape is full of vegetation and is highlighted by grass, trees, an orchard, a vegetable garden and an apiary.
Image Courtesy © Severin Malaud
- Architects: PUZZLE’S architecture, Thomas Gillet, Mathieu Henquet
- Project: House Extension in Lustin
- Location: Lustin, Belgium
- Photography: Severin Malaud
- Client: Alain Gillet
- Spécial equipment: Pulsis – Stephane Barbier
- Stability: Luc delvaux
- Existing surface: 35 m2
- New surface: 90m2
- Start of the project: 2012
- End of the project: 2015
- Budget: 230.000 euros
Wednesday, July 8th, 2015
Article source: Tectoniques architects
Proudhon secondary school was built in 1971. It is located in the Palente district, to the north of Besançon. It is surrounded by the Pergaud sixth form secondary school and the Orchamps gymnasium. The original architecture is typical of the mass urbanisation of the 1960s and the policy of standardisation, two phenomena which forged the “ordinary” heritage of the 20th century.
Image Courtesy © Tectoniques architects
- Architects: Tectoniques architects
- Project: Restructuring and extension of the Proudhon secondary school
- Location: Besançon, France
- Client: Conseil Général du Doubs, represented by Henri-Michel Bouton
- Project Management: Tectoniques, Lead Architect, Architectures A.Scaranello, Associate Architect
- Total Gross Floor Area: 10,116 m2
- Budget: €13,491,542 ex. VAT
- Before works: 7,523m2
- Demolition: 3,222m2
- Renovation: 4,301m2
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015
Article source: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
The project is the last one which Dushe team (www.shdsd.cn) designed in ECADI.
This fragmented system is frequently used as an interpretation of contemporary cities; the iconic fragment becomes the signature of the city. But the city itself contains abundant resources. The 99% of these fragments are unknown for the public, but the city is also composed of background buildings.
Image Courtesy © Peter
- Architects: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
- Project: The expansion project of Dongjiao State Guest Hotel
- Location: Pudong district, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Peter
- Project Owner: Dongjiao State Guest Hotel, Shanghai Donghu(Group) Co.
- Design Manager: Di Shen (Xian Dai Architectural Design Group Co.), Kege Ling（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Principal Architects: Qilin Zhang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）, Yijia Liu（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Chief Engineer of Architecture: Limin Wang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Building Area: 8,000 square meters
- Site Area: 5,000 square meters
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015
Article source: Konishi Gaffney Architects
The project was to extend a small 1st floor flat into the loft and create a new bedroom with dormer. A simple brief complicated only by the lack of headroom in the loft, the client’s design ambition and conservative planning rules in this conservation area of Edinburgh.
Image Courtesy © Alan Craigie
- Architects: Konishi Gaffney Architects
- Project: Regency Dormer
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Photography: Alan Craigie
- Completed: July 2013
- Budget: £32,000
- Contractor: Gloss Projects
- Zinc: Artisan Roofing
- Engineer: Burnt Siena Structures
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015
Article source: Cubo Arkitekter A/S
The project is a reformation and extension of the high school, Odense Katedralskole, situated in the heart of H.C. Andersen´s home town of Odense.
Image Courtesy © Martin Schubert
- Architects: Cubo Arkitekter A/S
- Project: Odense Katedralskole, High school
- Location: Odense, Denmark
- Photography: Martin Schubert and Egon Jacobsen
- Landscape: EBD Arkitekter Aps.
- Engineer: Lemming &Erikssen.
- Area (of extension): 3000 m2
- Year: 2013