Archive for the ‘Factory’ Category
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
Article source: GrupoHCR
The original concept rises out of the major basis about color, and is that this cannot be taught or described. People are born with a special sense of color. Based on this idea, our intention was to create a facade out of the color model used in all printing systems, CMYK (Cyan , Magenta , Yellow and Key) for their best adaptation in manufacturing facilities. Parting from this initial palette we achieved a fresh effect with an organized structure that at some point breaks with the inclination angles of these colored stripes, changing the lineal effect of the material used in other facades of the building, compensating the lack of color and also maintaining the same visual effect of the vertical lines of the current material.
Image Courtesy © GrupoHCR
- Architects: GrupoHCR
- Project: Euromax Competition: Nest of Colors
- Software used: VectorWorks, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014
Article source: Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation
Metal Sales™ metal roof and wall panels outfit the LEED® Gold certified Jim Beam American Stillhouse and Distillery in Clermont, KY. The Stillhouse showcases Jim Beam’s bourbon-making process by hosting tours in a sustainable and visually appealing facility.
The facility’s design unites Jim Beam’s family tradition, company history and commitment to sustainability with more than 31,000 square feet of Metal Sales products.
Image Courtesy © Barnette Bagely Architects
- Architects: Barnette Bagely Architects
- Project: Jim Beam® American Stillhouse
- Location: Clermont, Kentucky
- Manufacturer: Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation
Wednesday, April 30th, 2014
Article source: MVRDV
Built in 1884, the Serp & Molot steel factory in Moscow was a stronghold during the Russian revolution.In the past decades it fell into disrepair – unused and overgrown with plants.How could the remarkable history of the steel factory be combined with the demands for the creation of a new, attractive, modern urban neighbourhood in the centre of the Russian Capital?
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: SERP & MOLOT FACTORY
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Year: 2014
- Client: JSC Don Stroy Invest.
- Program: 1.8 million m2
- Budget: undisclosed
- Design Team: Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries with JeroenZuidgeest, KlaasHofman, Mick van Gemert, Johannes Pilz, Piya Limpiti.
- Landscape and Urban Design: LAB, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Urban Design &Planning: Am Proektus, Moscow, Russia
- Engineering: PROMOS, Moscow, Russia
Monday, April 7th, 2014
Article source: Ruslan Aydarov architecture studio
Space with total area of 603 sq.m on the top floor of a former furniture factory was transformed into a 748 sq.m by the erection of four local platforms of welded metal constructions. Spacious loft has included seven working areas for a total of 100 seats, an extensive coffee zone, mini-hostel on 5 beds, children’s room, 3 bathrooms and 2 shower rooms.
Image Courtesy © Ruslan Aydarov architecture studio
- Architects: Ruslan Aydarov architecture studio
- Project: Nagatino 2.0 coworking center
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Ruslan Aydarov architecture studio
- Design Team: Ruslan Aydarov, Anna Timofeeva, Irina Sigova
- Year: 2013
- Budget: $ 350 000
Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
Article source: Roland Baldi architects
The new district heating plant of chiusa looks like a big copper wing that comes out of the terrain.
The skewed roof surfaces create one dynamic volume, which seems like a shim between the viaduct and the old Gröden´s train line carriage house. From the main building’s entry you arrive directly to the visitors area, where a big glass wall gives visitors the view into the boiler house. To the west there is a wood-chips storage, to the east the main co-generation units; one stair goes to the first floor and creates a connection to the administration and toilet facilities.
Image Courtesy © Oskar Da Riz
- Architects: Roland Baldi architects (Roland Bald)
- Project: District heating plant Chiusa
- Location: Chiusa, Italy
- Photography: Oskar Da Riz
- Software used: AUTOCAD
Friday, January 24th, 2014
Article source: Ricardo Bak Gordon
The project olive mill Oliveira da Serra not only matches the need of the Group to build a mill for its large production of oil but essentially use this construct to somehow produce a Statement . Ie state concern , alias already existing brand in the industry and the economy to follow along with the concerns of landscape and contemporary attitude . Better quality , better design , more responsibility towards the landscape .
Image Courtesy © Ricardo Bak Gordon
- Architects: Ricardo Bak Gordon
- Project: Oil Factory Herdade do Marmelo
- Location: Herdade do Marmelo, Ferreira do Alentejo
- Design phase: 2009
- Construction phase: 2010
- Client: Elaia Lagar
- Collaborators: Luís Pedro Pinto, Nuno Velhinho, Pedro Serrazina, Sónia Silva, Vera Higino, Walter Perdigão
- Engineering consultans: Iradu, engenharia
- General contractor: Construsan
- Site area: 47 723,00 m2
- Built area: 5 560,00 m2
Saturday, December 14th, 2013
Article source: Diederendirrix Architects
The Nedisco factory is one of the most prominent buildings in Venlo. The conversion and restoration of this national monument forms the crux of the Maaswaard Plan, the urban redevelopment to the south of the inner city. The complex – built from concrete, steel and glass – is an exceptional example of industrial architecture, which can be accredited to The International Style with the foundational theory of air, space, and light.
Image Courtesy © Diederendirrix Architects
Sunday, November 24th, 2013
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
HAO has been commissioned to create an idea proposal for the regenerated use of the Domino Sugar Factory in Brooklyn, NY.
The Domino Sugar Factory is situated on the East River waterfront in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Now abandoned, the original factory dates back to 1856 and was once the epicenter of sugar processing in the US. Since closing in 2004, the site and its buildings have stood empty.
Image Courtesy © HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Domino Sugar Factory
- Location: Brooklyn, NY, U.S.A
- Program: Exhibition, Restaurant, Gallery, Promenade, Marina, Education, Community Center, Theater, Hotel and Conference Space, affordable housing.
- Type: Commissioned Idea Proposal.
- Size: 149.600 M2 / 1,6 Million SF.
- Client: WIP/Williamsburg Independent People
Friday, November 22nd, 2013
Article source: Pott Architects
The Havelwerke are a place for originals since over a hundred years. On the site of a former prussian powder factory the users have always produced, collected, preserved, presented their goods. The tradition of this special place is now the studio’s guideline. Pott Architects developed a masterplan to design the industrial park homogeneously.
Image Courtesy © Pott Architects
- Architects: Pott Architects
- Project: Havelwerke
- Location: Berlin
- Photography: Sebastian Treytnar
Friday, November 8th, 2013
Article source: Ian Shaw Architekten
This classic example of the machine aesthetic houses the US administrative headquarters for the HerkulesGroup, a world leader in the manufacture of roll machining equipment.
Image Courtesy © Ian Shaw Architekten
- Architects: Ian Shaw Architekten
- Project: Herkules Machine Factory
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania