Archive for the ‘Factory’ Category
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011
Article source: CK Designworks
Australian Architects design high rise factory in China.
Melbourne architects CK Designworks have designed a cutting edge 24 storey industrial and commercial building in Nanjing China.
Robert Caulfield, partner in charge of the project said that the building would set new levels of sustainability and environmental conservation for industrial buildings and could set the scene for similar buildings in other parts of the world, particularly where land is at a premium.
5 Pang Chen Hub
- Architect: CK Designworks
- Name of Project: High rise factory in China
- Location: Nanjing, China
Saturday, September 17th, 2011
Article source: Studio Kalamar
On its site in the outskirts of Ljubljana, Dinos company has established a recycling program which includes shredding and sorting of scrap metal. The shredder’s noise emissions called for an acoustic protective cover that was envisioned as a light steel construction overlaid with acoustic panels. Visually, the volume’s impact is minimized with a matte gray sheath enveloping three facades, while the main elevation is composed of horizontal elements, paraphrasing stacks of crushed cars in varying colors.
Dinos Metal Recycling Facility
- Architects: Studio Kalamar
- Project: Dinos Metal Recycling Facility
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Area: 2.000 m2
- Client: Dinos d.d.
- Type: production
- Status: completed
- Year of construction: 2002
- Software used: AutoCAD
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011
Article source: KUBE Architecture
The client who has been exporting Proteas to the United Kingdom and Europe for a number of years under the FynBloem brand is investigating sea freight as an alternative to air – an entirely new concept for this type of product which would cut their carbon footprint down by up to 98%. This initiative is in response to Marks & Spencer’s Plan A requirements, which is aimed at combating climate change, reducing waste, using raw materials and trading ethically.
- Architects: KUBE Architecture
- Project: Fynbloem Protea Packing Facility
- Location: Riviersonderend, Western Cape, South Africa.
- Client: FynBloem
- Project Team: Simon Mountford, Stefan Rademan
- Project Manager: GEA Projects
- Structural Engineer: Sutherland
- Electrical Engineer: Sutherland
- Software used: Autodesk Revit 2012, and Adobe Photoshop CS2
Friday, June 10th, 2011
Article source: Építész Stúdió
In the historical center of the small Tokaj village, on a plot directly adjacent to a 15th century church, our task entailed the design of a winery that is to produce quality Tokaj wines. The basic concept underlying the building’s design was to build a new winery by making use of all valuable elements of the greatly remodeled, original stone building. Thus, the existing, traditionally laid stone walls had been integrated into the new building so as to result in a house that now displays these original elements. It has turned out only upon uncovering of the small house, i.e. after removal of layers of plaster, that beautiful stone walls had been hidden there for several hundred years. As a modern, dry-laid structure, the new facades of the building as well as its roof have been made of yellow-grey stone originating from nearby Mád. The stone panels on the roof are laid in a manner so as to recall the original tile-covered house, yet with the roof planes already implying a new and progressive mass.
Front View (Image Courtesy Gyula Erhardt)
- Architects: Építész Stúdió
- Project: Füleky Winery
- Location: Tokaj, Hungary
- Client: FÜLEKY Pincészet
Sunday, May 8th, 2011
Renovation and reconstruction of an old factory into a high quality hotel and office building in Hangzhou
2010 – 2013
The site is the historical Hangzhou Machine factory, the building concept aims to create a harmony of the sites inherent industrial character with a modern interior aesthetic. The Xintiandi old factory will be renovated into a high quality building with a combination of functions including offices, retail, hotel and multi-purpose area.
South elevation with hotel entrance
- Architect: Pysall Ruge Architekten (Peter Ruge, Matthias Matschewski, Hysook Ahn, Alexander Andrejew, Byoung Gil Jung, Lucas Gray, Tatjana Sinelnikova, Maria Katschalova)
- Name of Project: Xintiandi Factory
- Location: Hangzhou, Zheijang Province, P.R. China
- Client: Hangzhou New Land Group Co., Ltd
- Project partner: DBH Stadtplanungs GmbH, Hangzhou
- Size: Plot – 8.100 sqm, GFA – 17.900 sqm
- Duration: 2010-2011
- Completion: Circa 2013
Friday, March 25th, 2011
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
More projects by Henning Larsen Architects
The Solar Panel Factory is located in Kilkis – an industrial area north of Thessaloniki in Greece. The building comprises two production lines, input and output warehouses, technical support areas as well as administration and staff areas.
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects
- Location: Kilkis, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Client: Exel Solar
- Gross Floor Area: 100,000 m2
- Year of construction: 2008 – 2009
- Type of assignment: Commission
- Collaborators: RAcell Solar A/S
Thursday, March 24th, 2011
The Bellamy Neighbourhood and the Housma Site
The small scale charm and the varied buildings of the Bellamy Neighbourhood give it the atmosphere of a small village, embedded into the Amsterdam pericentral suburb of Oud-West. The urban structure of the neighbourhood follows old farming field boundaries from the 19th century. Living and working functions intermingle in the neighbourhood. The Houstma Site occupies a prominent location on a shipping canal, Kostverlorenvaart, and is named after the former Houtsma kitchen furniture factory.
Houtsma Site Live/Work Factory - (c) Luuk Kramer
- Brief: Building with mixed programme on Kostverlorenvaart: 26 residential units, business units, studios and a grand café.
- Location: Baarsjes borough, Amsterdam
- Client: Stadgenoot, Amsterdam
- Architect: Architectenbureau Marlies Rohmer
- Design: Marlies Rohmer
- Team: Floris Hund (deputy architect); Kirsten Gabriëls (assistant designer/coordinator) ; Gieneke Pieterse (project coordinator); Ido de Boer; Charles Hueber; Marie Louise Greger
- Structural engineer: Constructiebureau Tentij BV, Heemskerk
- Services engineer: Installatieadviseurs Wolf + Dikken, Wateringen
- Contractor: Aannemingsbedrijf F.W. Onrust bv., Zaandam / Ballast Nedam Noord-West
- Design: 2004
- Completion: 2010
- Floor area/ contract price: GFA: 6,260 m² / € 4,920,000 excl. VAT, including building services.