Archive for the ‘Fitness center’ Category
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Article source: Vasco Lopes arquitetura
Building constructed for the specific use of a fitness center. It was built over columns (pilotis) used as parking place. The reception and administrative areas are located on the ground floor; the dressing, body-building and cardiovascular rooms on the first floor; and on the second floor are situated the fight, multi-use and bike rooms. The materials and colors are pallets of grey, wood and orange. Natural light is captured on the facade and through zenithal illumination. Special attention was given to illumination and visual communication. The façade faces a busy avenue, and makes use of the volumes of the building and of the grey and orange colors to stand out in the urban setting.
Image Courtesy © Maira Acayaba
- Architects: Vasco Lopes arquitetura
- Project: Monday Fitness Center
- Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Maira Acayaba
- Arquitect team: Caroline cursino; Tatiana Martins
- Construction: Luiz Fernando Ruiz
- Visual identitie project: Ari Felipe Miaciro
- Area of the Bilding: 2.891,00m2
- Area of the terrain: 1.665,00 m2
- Project year: 2015
- Conclusion: 2016
Friday, September 1st, 2017
Article source: Studio Gang
Looking to enhance the student experience and remediate the nearby riverfront, Beloit College partnered with Studio Gang to reimagine a former coal-burning power plant as a student union centered on recreation and wellness.
Nestled between the College’s campus and the Rock River, the Powerhouse will feature a 10,000-sf fitness center and 17,000-sf recreational gym, including a 3-lane track and 8- lane competition pool, as well as spaces for conversation, collaboration, and study. Additional amenities include a coffee shop, student lounges, club rooms, conference center, and a lecture hall/theater.
Image Courtesy © Studio Gang
- Architects: Studio Gang
- Project: BELOIT COLLEGE POWERHOUSE
- Location: Beloit, Wisconsin USA
- Client: Beloit College
- Status: Under construction
- Sustainability: Targeting LEED Gold
- Size: 120,000 sf
Thursday, July 6th, 2017
Article source: BNIM Architects
BNIM led the initial Campus Master Plan and Conceptual Design process, which was complet-ed in April 2012, for the Pacific Center Campus Development. In August of that year, BNIM was again selected to lead the design of a two-building campus expansion. The two buildings add 410,000 square feet of office, dry laboratory, catering/café, health center, fitness center, lecture hall, multi-purpose learning and conference space to the campus. Both buildings have received LEED gold certification.
Image Courtesy © BNIM Architects
- Architects: BNIM Architects
- Project: Pacific Center Campus Development
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Software used: Revit
Thursday, May 18th, 2017
Article source: Dominique Perrault Architecture
The design of the two high-rise towers for the Donau-City in Vienna represents the concluding phase of a development extending over several decades: on what was originally a municipal rubbish tip the UNO-City was erected (1973–1979), tentative plans to hold the 1995 Vienna-Budapest EXPO here were soon abandoned, as a result architects Krischanitz and Neumann (commissioned by WED AG) produced an urban design masterplan for the area in 1992. The outcome is an entirely new urban district with a diverse range of functions.
Image Courtesy © VIENNE DCTOWER
- Architects: Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Project: DC Towers I + II
- Location: Donau-City, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Michael Nagl and VIENNE DCTOWER
- Client: WED (Wiener Entwicklungsgesellschaft für den Donauraum AG)
- Associated architect: Hoffmann & Janz Architectes
- Engineering: Perrault Projets (architectural engineering ), Bollinger & Grohmann, Gmeiner Haferl Zivilingenieure ZT GmbH (structure), Werner Sobek Ingenieure (façades), ZFG – Projekt (fluids), Dr Pfeiler GmbH (Bauphysik), TB Eipeldauer & Partner GmbH (electricity), AXIS Ingenieursleistungen ZT GmbH (VRD), Wacker Ingenieure (wind study)
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The MyZeil Shopping Mall covers an area of 77,000 square meters, a structure that includes shops, leisure spaces, kids areas, restaurants, fitness center and parking.
The building is spread over 6 floors, the shopping area from level -1 to the third floor, while from the fourth floor, which serves as a square and meeting place, there are the fitness area and restaurants.
Image Courtesy © Karsten Monnerjahn
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: MyZeil
- Location: Grosse Eschenheimer Strasse 10-14, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Photography: Karsten Monnerjahn, Moreno Maggi and Gianmarco Chieregato
- Client: PalaisQuartier GmBH & CO., KG
- Structures: Knippers-Helbig Beratende Ingenieure, Stuttgart; Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure für das Bauwesen GmbH, Darmstadt
- Realization of the façade and covering: Waagner Biro Stahlbau AG, Wien
- Cost: 135,000,000 Euros
- Built surface: 77,000 sq.m.
- Façade: 8,500 sq.m.
- Cover: 13,000 sq.m.
- Period: 2002-2009
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Arch. Esther Tattoli
Andria, Apulian city in expansion, will be equipped in 2017 with a new multi-purpose sportive center, used to practice five different sports: 5 a-side football, handball, volleyball, basketball and figure skating.
The redevelopment project of the old ice rink, facility in a state of decay, was launched in 2013 and has seen an investment by the municipal administration of approximately 650000 euros.
The project of the new ice rink has been entrusted to Esther Tattoli architect, helped by the engineer Michele Masciavè, while the works were awarded to the Euro Costruzioni of Naples.
Image Courtesy © Arch. Esther Tattoli
- Architects: Arch. Esther Tattoli
- Project: Project coverage and functional re-use of the skating rink
- Location: Andria, Italy
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016
Article source: MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects
Branksome Hall was established as an independent all girls school in the residential South Rosedale Heritage Conservation District in the urban heart of the City of Toronto, Canada — now a leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The campus is set within a large 13-acre property characterized by lush, wooded ravine edges and open green spaces. The city’s extension of Mount Pleasant Road divided the campus into two sides and the students cross via a pedestrian bridge.
Image Courtesy © Shai Gil
- Architects: MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects (MJMA)
- Project: Branksome Hall Athletics & Wellness Centre
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Photography: Shai Gil
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Client: Branksome Hall
- Structural: Blackwell Engineering
- Mechanical: Smith + Andersen
- Electrical: Smith + Andersen
- Civil: MGM Consulting
- Heritage: ERA Architects
- Landscape: PMA Landscape Architects
- Construction Manager: Gillam Group
- Building Area: 72,000 sf
- Year: 2015
Sunday, May 15th, 2016
Article source: XML
XML completed the design for Rocycle, a boutique fitness studio located in the center of Amsterdam. Rocycle is the first fitness studio in the Netherlands that combines fitness with a high-end hospitality experience, offering full body workout spinning classes.
Image Courtesy © XML
- Architects: XML
- Project: Rocycle
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sunday, May 8th, 2016
Article source: Studio Ardete
Where most of the fitness centers around the world follow set rules of planning and interiors, Moksha was inspired by a will to define a new language for exercise and training centers.
The client desired an extension to the existing gymnasium including a Spa and Spinning studio. This was to be housed in the basement. As a result, the architects were faced with the dual problems of limited space and limited budget.
Image Courtesy © Purnesh Dev Nikhanj
- Architects: Studio Ardete
- Project: MOKSHA-Fitness and spa center
- Location: Panchkula, Haryana, India
- Photography: Purnesh Dev Nikhanj
- Principal designer: Ar Badrinath Kaleru
- Design Team: Ar Prerna Kaleru and Ar Anusha Sharma
- Area: 2000 sq.ft
- Completion: Dec 2015