Archive for the ‘Flats’ Category
Thursday, October 29th, 2015
Article source: TANK ARCHITECTES
The project deals about the rehabilitation of an old flour-mill and an industrial building in lofts along the canal of Roubaix. The structure was in very bad shape, and is now open to let the natural light enlighten the flats.
Image Courtesy © TANK ARCHITECTES
- Architects: TANK ARCHITECTES
- Project: LA MINOTERIE
- Location: Roubaix, North of France
- Collaborating architect: Olivier Camus et Lydéric Veauvy, Lucie VANDENBUNDER
- Engineering Studies: SNC LAVALIN, Antoine Huard de Jorna,
- Budget: 4 M€ HT
- Total Built Area: 4 900m²
- Delivered: 2008
Friday, August 14th, 2015
Article source: Nick Baker Architects
Nick Baker Architects have recently completed a mixed use scheme at 86-88 Delancey Street containing 14 flats, 5x3bed, 4x2bed and 5×1 bed along with 500sqm of office accommodation. The site at 86-88 Delancey Street lies immediately adjacent to the town centre of Camden, next to the Parkway Neighbourhood zone and within the Camden Town Conservation Area.
Image Courtesy © Hamish Park
- Architects: Nick Baker Architects
- Project: Solstice Point
- Location: Camden, London
- Photography: Hamish Park
- Client: J Murphy & Sons Ltd
- Collaborators: Architect Nick Baker Architects
- Area: 2,790M²
- Structural Engineer: TZG Partnership
- Main Contractor: J Murphy & Sons Ltd
Wednesday, August 5th, 2015
Article source: h2o architectes
The commission : a flat for a couple with two children.
The place : last floor of a Haussmanian building; ancient servant’s bedrooms already transformed into a flat.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Chalmeau
- Architects: h2o architectes
- Project: Arsenal flat
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Stéphane Chalmeau
- Program: Housing
- Commissionner: Private
- Construction: Sarl Poluks
- Mission: Complete
- Specificity: Wood furnishings
- Cost of works: 70 000 € TTC
- Date: Spring 2015
Sunday, July 26th, 2015
Article source: Dom Arquitectura
The refurbished flat is situated in Sarria-Sant Gervasi. As a starting point few important decisions were taken. On one hand to rethink the out-dated overall organization, unifying the entrance and the living room, as well as the office and the kitchen. This helped a general spatial integration, generating bigger spaces that flow easily into each other, and reduced the number of doors and partitions. On the other hand to revamp all the electrical, plumbing, cooling and heating systems to updated technologies. Refurbishing completely kitchens and bathrooms.
Image Courtesy © Jordi Anguera
- Architects: Dom Arquitectura , Pablo Serrano Elorduy
- Project: Flat AB
- Location: Sarria-Sant Gervasi, Spain
- Photography: Jordi Anguera
- Interior designer: Blanca Elorduy
- Area: 235 m2
Saturday, July 11th, 2015
Article source: Egue y Seta
Looking for a flat to rent? Read between the lines:
Spacious and bright = empty and painted in white.
Great potential = really needs to be renovated!
Charming = Old, really old!
Functional or cosy = small.
For couples: small
Singles: really small.
Ideal for students: barely habitable
Diaphanous Loft: You´ll sleep in the kitchen
Arrange a visit: Not even in photographs it looks ok
Parquet Flooring : The rest of the finishes is not worth commenting.
The Real state market for rental housing is highly competitive, full of vices and most of its advertisement pieces sound like siren calls. None of these, nevertheless, lack explanation: Property owners are bound to invest with caution, they need to hit the target of the particular taste of a potential but undetermined client, but most importantly they seem to be obliged to prescribe furniture and finishes tested against the most indolent of lifestyles.
Image Courtesy © Egue y Seta
- Architects: Egue y Seta
- Project: A Coruña for rent?
- Location: A Coruña, Spain
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
Image Courtesy © C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
- Architects: C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
- Project: Flat 01 Interior Design
- Location: Guiyang, Guizhou, China
- Design Director: Peng Zheng
- Design Team: Chen Jitian, Chen Yongxia
- Work Name: Skyline
- Project Name: Midea Real Estate • Forest City Times Office Show Flat 01 Interior Design
- Design Area: 730m2
- Design Date: March 2014
- Completion Date: January 2015
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: AART architects
AART architects reveal the first building phase of the Waterfront development – one of the largest wooden residential developments in Europe. Located on the edge of Stavanger harbor front, the 19,500 m2 development transforms the former industrial area into a recreational part of town.
Image Courtesy © AART architects
- Architects: AART architects
- Project: THE WATERFRONT
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Client:Kruse-Smith (developer), Stavanger 2008 and NAL|NABU (original contracting authority)
- Size: 19,500 m2
- Status: The first building phase was completed in June 2014, The second phase building will be completed in 2015
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015
Article source: Konishi Gaffney Architects
The project was to extend a small 1st floor flat into the loft and create a new bedroom with dormer. A simple brief complicated only by the lack of headroom in the loft, the client’s design ambition and conservative planning rules in this conservation area of Edinburgh.
Image Courtesy © Alan Craigie
- Architects: Konishi Gaffney Architects
- Project: Regency Dormer
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Photography: Alan Craigie
- Completed: July 2013
- Budget: £32,000
- Contractor: Gloss Projects
- Zinc: Artisan Roofing
- Engineer: Burnt Siena Structures
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Article source: WTA Architecture + Design Studio
The practicality of vertical living meets the comfort of an urban townhouse in this 16-storey residential condominium rising on a 580 square meter lot in an upscale neighborhood in San Juan City, Metro Manila, Philippines. Each of the 12 luxurious residential flats is housed on its own exclusive and unique floor with a generous area of 280 square meters per unit. These combined with 2 storeys of commercial units and another storey for amenities result to a gross floor area of 6,400 square meters.
Image Courtesy © WTA Architecture + Design Studio
Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Article source: Alventosa Morell Arquitectes
The project consists of a total interior rehabilitation of a small flat, built at the beginning of the XX century.
Our challenge in this project was to redesign some spaces to get bigger and comfortable ambients.
It was in very bad conditions and with too many rooms, spaces, in a small net floor area; so the approach to the project has been to intervene as much as possible in its original rooms distribution.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Alventosa Morell Arquitectes
- Project: AL Flat
- Location: Nou Barris , Barcelona, Catalunya
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Software used: Autocad 13
- Built area 476.65m2
- Year Project: 2014.
- Year Construction: 2014-2015