Archive for the ‘Flats’ Category
Friday, November 20th, 2015
Article source: Agence Philippe Fichet
The structure of the accommodation of Chartres is composed of 80 small flats and located within the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) of the Eure-et-Loir department. It provides full service to students either on trainings or attending apprenticeships.
Image Courtesy © Agence Philippe Fichet
- Architects: Agence Philippe Fichet
- Project: Résidence étudiante à Chartres
- Location: Chartres, France
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
Wednesday, November 4th, 2015
Article source: AART architects
Musholm is located at the beautiful Danish coastline and pushes the potential of accessible architecture. In fact, it is recognized as one of the world’s most accessible holiday, sports and conference resorts for people with disabilities. The expansion of Musholm is divided into two sections in the form of a new multi-purpose sports hall and a number of new holiday flats. The multi-purpose sports hall is located at the heart of the resort, while the flats are located in its periphery.
Image Courtesy © AART architects
Monday, November 2nd, 2015
Article source: Elii
Complete refurbishment of a flat in the centre of Madrid
The purpose of this project is to renew an old flat in the centre of Madrid to turn it into a transformable space.
The project hinges around two complementary strategies. Firstly, an open space is configured, and the whole programme is grouped and arranged around an L-shaped band on two sides. This band includes the access to the household, the outer façade windows, a folding bed, the storage space, a complete kitchen, a fold-down auxiliary table, access to the bathroom and the washing machine. It optimises the spatial distribution and compacts all the functions so that everyday activities can benefit from as much space as possible, all the while adapting to the geometry of the apartment. Secondly, a fitted screen on one of the sides can be deployed from the wall to create different domestic arrangements, by closing the bedroom, the kitchen or dividing the house into two.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán y Rocío Romero
- Architects: Elii, Uriel Fogué, Eva Gil, Carlos Palacios
- Project: Biombombastic
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán y Rocío Romero
- Team: Pedro P. García, Alicia García, Ana López, Claire Laborde
- Construction: Dionisio Torralba Construcciones
- Size: 24.90m2
- Date: 2015
Thursday, October 29th, 2015
Article source: TANK ARCHITECTES
The project deals about the rehabilitation of an old flour-mill and an industrial building in lofts along the canal of Roubaix. The structure was in very bad shape, and is now open to let the natural light enlighten the flats.
Image Courtesy © TANK ARCHITECTES
- Architects: TANK ARCHITECTES
- Project: LA MINOTERIE
- Location: Roubaix, North of France
- Collaborating architect: Olivier Camus et Lydéric Veauvy, Lucie VANDENBUNDER
- Engineering Studies: SNC LAVALIN, Antoine Huard de Jorna,
- Budget: 4 M€ HT
- Total Built Area: 4 900m²
- Delivered: 2008
Friday, August 14th, 2015
Article source: Nick Baker Architects
Nick Baker Architects have recently completed a mixed use scheme at 86-88 Delancey Street containing 14 flats, 5x3bed, 4x2bed and 5×1 bed along with 500sqm of office accommodation. The site at 86-88 Delancey Street lies immediately adjacent to the town centre of Camden, next to the Parkway Neighbourhood zone and within the Camden Town Conservation Area.
Image Courtesy © Hamish Park
- Architects: Nick Baker Architects
- Project: Solstice Point
- Location: Camden, London
- Photography: Hamish Park
- Client: J Murphy & Sons Ltd
- Collaborators: Architect Nick Baker Architects
- Area: 2,790M²
- Structural Engineer: TZG Partnership
- Main Contractor: J Murphy & Sons Ltd
Wednesday, August 5th, 2015
Article source: h2o architectes
The commission : a flat for a couple with two children.
The place : last floor of a Haussmanian building; ancient servant’s bedrooms already transformed into a flat.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Chalmeau
- Architects: h2o architectes
- Project: Arsenal flat
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Stéphane Chalmeau
- Program: Housing
- Commissionner: Private
- Construction: Sarl Poluks
- Mission: Complete
- Specificity: Wood furnishings
- Cost of works: 70 000 € TTC
- Date: Spring 2015
Sunday, July 26th, 2015
Article source: Dom Arquitectura
The refurbished flat is situated in Sarria-Sant Gervasi. As a starting point few important decisions were taken. On one hand to rethink the out-dated overall organization, unifying the entrance and the living room, as well as the office and the kitchen. This helped a general spatial integration, generating bigger spaces that flow easily into each other, and reduced the number of doors and partitions. On the other hand to revamp all the electrical, plumbing, cooling and heating systems to updated technologies. Refurbishing completely kitchens and bathrooms.
Image Courtesy © Jordi Anguera
- Architects: Dom Arquitectura , Pablo Serrano Elorduy
- Project: Flat AB
- Location: Sarria-Sant Gervasi, Spain
- Photography: Jordi Anguera
- Interior designer: Blanca Elorduy
- Area: 235 m2
Saturday, July 11th, 2015
Article source: Egue y Seta
Looking for a flat to rent? Read between the lines:
Spacious and bright = empty and painted in white.
Great potential = really needs to be renovated!
Charming = Old, really old!
Functional or cosy = small.
For couples: small
Singles: really small.
Ideal for students: barely habitable
Diaphanous Loft: You´ll sleep in the kitchen
Arrange a visit: Not even in photographs it looks ok
Parquet Flooring : The rest of the finishes is not worth commenting.
The Real state market for rental housing is highly competitive, full of vices and most of its advertisement pieces sound like siren calls. None of these, nevertheless, lack explanation: Property owners are bound to invest with caution, they need to hit the target of the particular taste of a potential but undetermined client, but most importantly they seem to be obliged to prescribe furniture and finishes tested against the most indolent of lifestyles.
Image Courtesy © Egue y Seta
- Architects: Egue y Seta
- Project: A Coruña for rent?
- Location: A Coruña, Spain
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
Image Courtesy © C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
- Architects: C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
- Project: Flat 01 Interior Design
- Location: Guiyang, Guizhou, China
- Design Director: Peng Zheng
- Design Team: Chen Jitian, Chen Yongxia
- Work Name: Skyline
- Project Name: Midea Real Estate • Forest City Times Office Show Flat 01 Interior Design
- Design Area: 730m2
- Design Date: March 2014
- Completion Date: January 2015
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: AART architects
AART architects reveal the first building phase of the Waterfront development – one of the largest wooden residential developments in Europe. Located on the edge of Stavanger harbor front, the 19,500 m2 development transforms the former industrial area into a recreational part of town.
Image Courtesy © AART architects
- Architects: AART architects
- Project: THE WATERFRONT
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Client:Kruse-Smith (developer), Stavanger 2008 and NAL|NABU (original contracting authority)
- Size: 19,500 m2
- Status: The first building phase was completed in June 2014, The second phase building will be completed in 2015