Archive for the ‘Gallery’ Category
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Article source: Gottesman-Szmelcman Architecture
Gottesman-Szmelcman Architecture unveils the new and third physical space for Gordon Gallery, one of Israel’s leading art institutions, located in Tel Aviv. The 165-square meter contemporary art space was transformed from the ruins of a warehouse on the fringe of the city and extends the burgeoning south Tel Aviv art scene into the industrial neighborhood bordering Jaffa.
Image Courtesy © Elad Sarig
Sunday, January 8th, 2017
Article source: ODS
This was an architectural project for the design of Daimaru Kyoto, Gion Machiya, as a part of Daimaru’s 300th anniversary for its foundation. We also conducted the interior design of < Hermès Gion-mise> as the first shop opened in this traditional Japanese house.
The site is located along Hanamikoji Street, which goes through the center of Gion area in Kyoto city with traditional townscape. We renovated and transformed a town house previously used as a tea house/ residence into the store.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: ODS (Koichiro Oniki)
- Project: Hermès Gion-mise
- Location: Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Maxwell Render
- Dimension: 212 square meters
- Design time: from July 2015
- Finishing time: November 2016
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
It is a wonderful coincidence that we started work designing the Science Museum’s Mathematics Gallery in the bicentennial year of the birth of Ada Lovelace, a pioneering woman in the history of computers and of ‘poetic science’. Her inspirational influence on our approach to the design of the project, from inception to completion, cannot be overstated. Just as her Notes unravelled the abstract world of the analytical engine and its logic to generations beyond, we hope the design of the Mathematics Gallery complements the curatorial ambitions to inspire and engage further generations with the instinctive and physical aspects of mathematics. Collections like those housed within the Science Museum in London are instrumental in allowing the human mind to explore the many dimensions of innovation. The new group of objects on display in the Gallery is meticulously curated to narrate seemingly everyday moments in innovation driven by mathematics.
Image Courtesy © Luke Hayes
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Mathematics: The Winton Gallery
- Location: London, UK
- Photography: Luke Hayes
- Project Team:
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Director: Charles Walker
- ZHA Project senior associate: Bidisha Sinha
- ZHA Project associate: Shajay Bhooshan
- ZHA Project team: Vishu Bhooshan, Henry Louth, David Reeves, Nhan Vo, Mattia Santi, Sai Prateik Bhasgi, Karthikeyan Arunachalam, Tommaso Casucci, Marko Margeta , Filippo Nassetti, Mostafa El Sayed, Suryansh Chandra, Ming Cheong, Carlos Parraga-Botero, Ilya Pereyaslavtsev, Ramon Weber
- Structure: Arup
- MEP: Arup
- Lighting: Arup Lighting
- Project Manager: Lendlease
- CDM: Gardiner & Theobald
- Cost consultant: Gardiner & Theobald
- Construction Team:
- Floor area: 913m²
- Design competition win announced: 10 September 2014
- Gallery opens to the public: 8 December 2016
Saturday, December 17th, 2016
Article source: Vo Trong Nghia Architects + Takashi Niwa
Located within Dong Da district, Hanoi, the newly constructed gallery and lighting showroom uses a perforated terracotta façade to create a simple yet significant impact on the surrounding landscape.
The gallery is located on the top floor overlooking a large neighbouring tree, while the slit skylights expose the roof garden. This offers a space for architects and design professionals to interact.
Image Courtesy © Trieu Chien
- Architects: Vo Trong Nghia Architects + Takashi Niwa
- Project: The Lantern- Nanoco – Panasonic lighting showroom
- Location: 83 Duong Lang, Dong Da district, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Photography: Hiroyuki Oki, Trieu Chien
- Client: Fortune-Nano Electrical Company (Nanoco)
- Design Team: Nguyen Thi Thoa, Koji Yamamoto, Dao Sy DungContractor: Dai Dung JSC
- Interior contractor: T.S.I. Vietnam Co. Ltd.
- Site area: 72 m2
- GFA: 383 m2
- Completion: 01.2016
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016
Article source: ASWA (Architectural Studio of Work – Aholic)
ASWA (Architectural Studio of Work – Aholic) designed the solid concrete studio + gallery situated in Bangkok, Thailand. The private studio and gallery of the Thai artist, who preferred privacy of his daily life from the neighborhood, has only single opening view from the street to communicate with its surrounding but has surprisingly interior space.
The solid concrete box with only one opening to connect the street outside, Image Courtesy © ASWA (Architectural Studio of Work – Aholic)
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016
Article source: Steven Holl Architects
The new Visual Arts facility for the University of Iowa’s School of Art and Art History provides 126,000 sf of loft- like space for all visual arts media, from ancient metalsmithing techniques to the most advanced virtual reality technologies, including Ceramics, 3D Design, Metal Arts & Jewelry, Sculpture, Printmaking, Painting & Drawing, Graphic Design, Intermedia, Video Art, and Photography. Also housed are galleries, faculty offices, an outdoor rooftop studio, and teaching spaces for Art History.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: Steven Holl Architects (Steven Holl, Chris McVoy)
- Project: Visual Arts Building at the University of Iowa
- Location: Iowa, USA
- Photography: Iwan Baan, Eric Dean, Chris McVoy
- Software used: Revit, Rhinoceros 5.0, AutoCAD
- Client: University of Iowa
- Project architect: Rychiee Espinosa
- Project team: Garrick Ambrose, Bell Ying Yi Cai, Christiane Deptolla, JongSeo Lee, Johanna Muszbek, Garrett Ricciardi, Filipe Taboada, Jeanne Wellinger, Human Tieliu Wu, Christina Yessios
- Associate architects: BNIM Architects
- Structural engineer: Buro Happold and Structural Engineering Associates (SEA)
- Lighting consultant: L’Observatoire International
- Sustainability engineer: Transsolar
- Mechanical engineer: Design Engineers
- Curtain wall consultant: WJ Higgins & Co.
- Civil engineer: Shive-Hattery
- Audio/visual consultant: The Sextant Group Inc.
- Size: 126000f
- Year: 2010 – 2016
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Main Office
The reconstruction involves a well-known older building from 1892, of great historical value, as well as neighboring courtyards.
The ”Culture arena” is the heart of the building. The old auction hall has eight meter ceiling height, and is the most elaborately detailed. It has a lobby, lounge, and restrooms, and can be used for banquets, art shows or concerts.
Image Courtesy © Milad Abedi
- Architects: Main Office
- Project: Culture arena
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Photography: Milad Abedi
- Opened October: 2014
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Article source: Sunshine PR
LP Auto Gallery is co-founded by an outstanding young entrepreneur (L) and a professional racing driver (P). The Gallery focuses on redefining the artistic integration of supercars and refitted vehicles. LP Auto Gallery learns about the needs of the customers based on the advanced mechanical technology to make sure that every vehicle delivered to the customer is bound to be the exclusive one.
The aim of the designer is to actualize the above concept of the Gallery through language of design.
Image Courtesy © OUYANG Yun
- Architects: C.DD
- Project: Grey. Container – LP AUTO GALLERY
- Location: Future Town, Foshan, Guangdong, China
- Photography: OUYANG Yun
- Chief Designer: HE Xiao-Ping, LI Xing-Lin
- Design Implementation: CAI Tielei
- Project Team: YU Guo-Neng, WU Meng-Long, HE Liu-Wei, ZENG Xiang-Ru
- Construction Company: Ji Mu Engineering
- Main Materials: cement, steel plate, ultra clear glass, matt white latex paint
- Area: 750 m2
- Completion Date: September, 2015
Tuesday, September 6th, 2016
Article source: Rei Mitsui Architects
It’s located in an alley close to “Cat Street” near Shibuya, Harajyuku and Omotesando.
The original exterior design was not so bad as the one of 45 years ago. Presumably it was designed by an competent architect. So, as for the exterior, we intended not to change a lot and to show the original design purely. Actually, we only removed balconies and replaced two sliding windows with fixed large windows.
Image Courtesy © Jérémie Souteyrat
- Architects: Rei Mitsui Architects
- Project: A Gallery
- Location: Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Jérémie Souteyrat
- Software used: Autocad and Rhinoceros
- Structural Engineer: Tetsuya Emura
- Building area: 75.4m2
- Gross floor area: 104.8m2
- Construction dates: Feb 2016 – April 2016
Sunday, August 21st, 2016
Article source: CTAA Architects Lab
Situated in a historic atmosphere, in the center of Tainan city sits this unique modern creation.
Overlooking narrow streets, filled with lively crowds and traditional temples, this unique design bursts forth from Taiwan’s traditional landscape like a white lotus.
Image Courtesy © CTAA Architects Lab
- Architects: CTAA Architects Lab
- Project: Flashaim Gallery
- Location: Tainan City, Taiwan
- Owner: Flashaim
- Structure: Tomita Structure Design
- Site area: 561.75 m2
- Building area: 271.6 m2
- Total floor area: 452.17 m2
- Design period: 2011.1 to 2013.8
- Construction period: 2014.1 to 2015.12