Archive for the ‘Gallery’ Category
Sunday, July 8th, 2012
Article source: Söhne & Partner Architects
A 100m² shop presents fashion in a discreet but appealing way.
It was the designer’s intention to create a restrained and straight room in order to make it an eye-catcher for the Neubaugasse in Vienna. Thus, people who are passing by should be guided into the store. The colour turquoise directs the customers through the shop while the interior is mainly white and sober in order to present the fashion at the best. Big mirror surfaces make the room seemingly bigger.
Image Courtesy Severin Wurnig
- Architects: Söhne & Partner Architects
- Project: Inside Fashion Store
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Severin Wurnig
- Software used: Autocad LT for all the drawings, 3d models using 3ds max, proman for tendering
Friday, June 29th, 2012
Article source: HEAD Architecture and Design Limited
HEAD created a new brand for Shamwari in this 1500 sqft luxury store. Large displays illustrate the process of diamond prospecting, mining and cutting. Incorporating the history of South African diamonds the concept authenticates the brand and tradition of diamond production. Custom-built display cases incorporate LED lighting to reduce cabinet temperature while retaining correct display lighting levels.
- Architects: HEAD Architecture and Design Limited
- Project: Shamwari Flagship Store
- Location: Unit 2021, The Venetian, Macau
- Building Type: Retail Interior
- Client: Shimansky Diamonds
- Date: 2007
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
Article source: Mauricio Silva Arquitectos
From the evolution that squares have experienced, there is a new way to use and exploit its inside: the galleries. The main function of these is to link the exterior and interior of the block from the gallery as a space for mediation and where public space is mixed with the commercial one. In Valdivia, a city where it rains most of the time, this type of space is an opportunity to experience the city throughout the year and revitalize the public space and local business.
- Architects: Mauricio Silva Arquitectos
- Project: Rain Architecture, Multiproposal gallery
- Location: Valdivia, Chile
- Site Building Area Size: 2500 mt 2
- Type: mixed use (commercial, office, housing)
- Area: 15300 mt2
- Software used: Autocad and sketchup used for modeling, Artlantis, photoshop and illustrator for rendering and schemes. Ecotect addition to the building thermal modeling
Monday, April 30th, 2012
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Designed as a versatile multi-purpose environment, the Gallery will host a wide range of social and cultural events, including exhibitions, meetings, presentations, debates and receptions. Zaha Hadid Architects have created a precisely ordered, intimate sensory design environment which stimulates the visitor through its active and engaged relationship with Roca’s products.
Image Courtesy Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: ROCA London Gallery
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Size : 1,100m2
- Status: Built
- Client: ROCA Ltd (more…)
Saturday, April 7th, 2012
Article source: sebastianquinn
70 South Franklin Street in Nyack, New York is the studio and gallery space for furniture designer Blake Tovin. Conceived as an intervention, the structure of Tovin Studios is a former warehouse. The project investigates economy of means, materiality, natural lighting and sustainable construction techniques. The facade is clad in weathering steel. Four major “light scoop” sky lights deliver day light and are a passive solar heating system. The project is currently awaiting consulting with energy modeling from NYSERDA.
Exterior View - Photo by Francois Dischinger
- Architect: sebastianquinn
- Name of Project: Tovin Studios
- Location: New York
- Software used: Rhino for mac (beta), and PowerCadd
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012
Article source: Mount Fuji Architects Studio
Automobile is our rival to beat.
Came one day a client who offered us a business. He wished to have an atelier which can be used also as a gallery to present his work of ceramic art, which he made for pleasure.
With mere 1.5 million yen(=11,000 euro)which he saved to originally purchase a business-purpose Toyota Collora sedan to spare as total budget, we started our project.
Image Courtesy Mount Fuji Architects Studio
- Architects: Mount Fuji Architects Studio
- Project: XXXX House
- Location: Yaizu, Shizuoka Prefecture Japan
- Function: atelier
- Site area: 502.86m2
- Building area: 22.3m2
- Total floor area: 16.7m2
- Number of stories: 1
- Building height: 2.72m
- Structural system: wood panel
- Major materials: structural plywood, exterior= interior
- Photographer: Mount Fuji Architects Studio
Wednesday, February 15th, 2012
Article source: Atelier Ryo Abe Works
Shima Kitchen was a renovation project to create a venue for arts, and dinning from an old vacant house in a village on Teshima. Teshima is a rural island in the Seto Inland Sea of Western Japan, just next to the famous art tourism island of Naoshima.
Image Courtesy Daici Ano
- Architects: Atelier Ryo Abe Architects
- Project: Shima Kitchen
- Location: Kagawa prefecture, Japan
- Program: restaurant, theater, gallery
- Principal designer: Ryo Abe
- Site area: 1,100 m2
- Built-up area: 429 m2
- Year of completion: 2010
- Text credits: Ryo Abe
- Photo credits: Daici Ano
Wednesday, February 1st, 2012
Article source: Patrick Tighe Architecture
Memory Temple is an experience at the convergence of sound, material, light, form, and technology. The installation is accompanied by a site-specific composition by a world-renowned composer. The sound-scape is integral to the experience and used to explore the spatialization of sound within the physical boundaries of the gallery.
Images Courtesy Art Gray Photography
- Architect: Patrick Tighe Architecture
- Name of Project: Memory Temple
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Photo Credit: © Art Gray Photography
Wednesday, January 25th, 2012
Article source: Ball-Nogues Studio
How do we build something that modulates space and changes the circulation path of an existing architectural environment by using almost no material? What does it mean to fill space with volume that is on the threshold of absence?
Images Courtesy Michelle Litvin
- Architect: Ball-Nogues Studio
- Name of Project: Unseen Current
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Completed: 2008
- Photographer: Michelle Litvin and Ball-Nogues Studio
Saturday, January 14th, 2012
Article source: Grieve Gillett
The new Biodiversity Gallery at the South Australian Museum was opened to the public on 12 February 2010 to wide acclaim.
“The biodiversity of South Australia’s oceans, deserts and forests is truly exceptional. The South Australian Museum’s Biodiversity Gallery celebrates and helps conserve this wonderful asset.” – Sir David Attenborough. Located on the second floor of the Museum’s east wing the gallery showcases South Australia’s rich biodiversity and diverse wildlife across four geographical zones – arid, temperate, coastal and marine tidal.
South Australian Museum Biodiversity Gallery
- Architects: Grieve Gillett
- Project: Biodiversity Gallery – SA Museum
- Location: South Australian Museum, Adelaide
- Year: Completed 2009
- Client: Arts SA
- Project Value: $5M
- AIA (SA Chapter) Collaborative Design Architecture Award, 2011
- “This multi-sensory experience, exhibiting aesthetic quality, experimentation and intense collaboration within an incredibly prescriptive set of constraints stands apart from its forbears, as an axemplar of the benefits of rigorous collaboration.” Jury Citation.