Archive for the ‘Garden’ Category
Friday, October 6th, 2017
Article source: FOS [Foundry of Space]
Conceptualised by the character of its setting and the need for more green areas in today’s urban living, Condolette Pixel Sathorn is the result of the harmonisation between urban lifestyle and secluded green environment albeit it is located in the heart of Sathorn, Bangkok’s most vibrant CBD.
Image Courtesy © Teerawat Winyarat
- Architects: FOS [Foundry of Space]
- Project: Condolette Pixel Sathorn
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Teerawat Winyarat
- Client: Pruksa Real Estate PCL.
- Design Team: Makakrai Jay Suthadarat, Rinchai Chaivaraporn, Widsara Suthadarat, Singha Ounsakul, Pakhon Promtha
- Structural Engineer: Pruksa Real Estate PCL.
- Mechanical Engineer: Mitr Consultants
- Site Area: 5,000 sqm.
- Gross Floor Area: 18,000 sqm.
- Year: 2015
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: VAZIO S/A
Trees die whereas new trees are born. Growth and becoming are tools of the landscape architect, but rarely the cycle of life and death is explored in garden design.
Departing from an inexorable phenomenon – every life is a foretold failure –, Dead Garden II proposes a garden made of branches and employs dead organic matter as something that can trigger another life.
Image Courtesy © VAZIO S/A
- Architects: VAZIO S/A
- Project: Dead Garden II
- Location: Quèbec, Canada
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
Article source: v2com
AHBE Landscape Architects, an esteemed Los Angeles-based firm known for its expertise in designing thoughtful, evocative landscapes that allow for contemplation and reflection, has created a healing environment at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for patients, hospital staff, and visiting families and friends.
Unique solution transforms a concrete plaza into a restorative space in the city
The existing site consisted of a concrete plaza atop a multi-level garage. Using the metaphor of human skin, AHBE developed a multi-layered landscape solution that protects the existing building’s structural and mechanical integrity and accounts for an existing drainage system, emergency access, lighting and way finding, as well as extreme weather conditions. The solution – a unique, green roof-inspired system built onto the plaza’s existing structure – maximizes the impact of the landscape while minimizing construction and alterations to the existing building.
Image Courtesy © heliphoto.net
- Architects: AHBE Landscape Architects
- Project: Unveils Healing Gardens for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Photography: heliphoto.net
- Project team: Zeke Triana, Adrienne Haynes, Kevin Hsu)
- Contractor: Frank Webb Architects;
- Civil and structural engineering:JOMA
- MEP engineers: Ball-Nogues Design Studio
- Graphics and signage: SKA Design (graphics and signage); AECOM
- Irrigation design: Sweeney + Associates
- Design Consulting: Curtainwall Design
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: AR Design Studio
Black House is a private new build house in Kent, completed in the summer of 2017 by Winchester-based architects AR Design Studio. A contemporary property, Black House draws its influences from both the historic and modern buildings of Kent. A retired engineer and Conran interior designer, the clients, chose to move from a 15th century Tudor house and build a contemporary dream home in their garden.
Image Courtesy © Martin Gardner
- Architects: AR Design Studio
- Project: Black House
- Photography: Martin Gardner
- Engineer: John Kettle & Associates
- Budget: £1,100,000
- Total Size: GIA 400m2
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017
Article source: Carlo Ratti Associati
International design and innovation office Carlo Ratti Associati, together with property developer Citylife, has unveiled the “Garden of the Four Seasons”, an enclosed garden in Milan where all four seasons coexist with each other concurrently throughout the year. Based on a concept by Dr. Barbara Römer, founder of the creative consultancy Studio Römer, the project leverages a new system for high-precision climate control, by which incoming solar energy is partially collected through photovoltaics and partially redistributed among the different seasonal areas, with zero net energy consumption. The project aims at reclaiming a closer relationship between urban dwellers and nature’s cycles. It was commissioned by Citylife, a new neighborhood under development in the north-west of Milan based on a master plan by Zaha Hadid, Daniel Liebeskind and Arata Isozaki.
Image Courtesy © Carlo Ratti Associati
- Architects: Carlo Ratti Associati
- Project: A Garden With Four Seasons
- Location: Turin, Italy
- Team: Andrea Cassi, Peter Magnus, Chiara Borghi, Gary di Silvio Based on a concept by Barbara Römer
- Construction consultancy: Studio Ceruti
Thursday, August 17th, 2017
Article source: Studio Morison
Look! Look! Look! sees a striking sculptural pavilion created by internationally renowned artists Heather and Ivan Morison (Studio Morison) take centre stage at the National Trust’s historic Berrington Hall in Herefordshire.
Image Courtesy © Ivan Morison
- Architects: Studio Morison
- Project: Look! Look! Look!
- Location: Berrington Hall, Leominster, Herefordshire, USA
- Photography: Marsha Arnold / Ivan Morison
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 100m2
- Completion Year: 2017
Sunday, August 13th, 2017
Article source: kresings architektur GmbH Düsseldorf
The new residential quarter right in the middle of downtown Bielefeld recognizes the potential of history, conveying this potential into the present. The large-scale industrial architecture of the area of the former incorporation “Anker Werke AG“, a company specialized in the production of sewing machines and cash registers, has been kept up, with this area having been transformed into a new urban quarter by means of some minor changes.
Image Courtesy © Roman Mensing and Münster
- Architects: kresings architektur GmbH Düsseldorf (KRESINGS, Münster)
- Project: Anker Gardens
- Location: Bielefeld, Germany
- Photography: Roman Mensing and Münster
- Client: Bautra GmbH
- Project Leader André Pannenbäcker, Kilian Kresing, Dorit Haase,Jan Tölle, Tilo Pfeifer, Thomas Vöge
- Area: 14.200 m2
- Completion: 2017
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Article source: Patterson Associates
The Christchurch Botanic Gardens lie within a 21ha loop of the Avon River and is the cities most visited public space. The newly developed centre is regarded as one of the most significant new build projects since the 2011 Christchurch Earthquake and extends the garden’s ability to undertake research, conservation and run educational activities as well as demonstrate the beauty, variety and complexity of the plant world.
Image Courtesy © Patterson Associates
- Architects: Patterson Associates
- Project: Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Sunday, July 16th, 2017
Article source: Martha Schwartz Partners
Martha Schwartz Partners was one of nine international landscape design firms to be invited to design a small master garden installation on the theme of “the harmonious co-existence of nature and the city” at the 2011 International Horticulture Exhibition in Xi’an, China. The owner’s brief specified that the designer should consider the limitations of local building materials and methods, and that the garden should be accessible to a Chinese point of view.
Image Courtesy © Martha Schwartz Partners
- Architects: Martha Schwartz Partners
- Project: City and Nature Master Garden
- Location: Xi’an, China
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: Kate Gould Gardens
City Living is a contemporary garden on several levels imagined in a typical urban apartment block. While these dwellings are often cold and slightly forbidding in appearance they could easily be transformed with the addition of attractive green outdoor spaces for residents use with comfortable and sheltered seating areas surrounded by appealing planting and tranquil water features.
Image Courtesy © Kate Gould Gardens
- Architects: Kate Gould Gardens
- Project: City Living Chelsea 2017 – Gold medal and Best in Fresh gardens in London
- Location: Chelsea, London