Archive for the ‘Garden’ Category
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
Article source: PILDONG2GA Architects
Project BSTONY lies on Dolsan Island, an island off the coast of Yeosu, South Jeolla Province. The island’s coastal route passes through small villages housing the lives and livelihoods of island locals. A twenty-minute drive down this road leads to an unassuming structure.
At the first meeting, the client requested a café with a garden and minimal housing capacity for mangement. The site was located at the bottom of Cheonwang Mountain and retained the natural slope of the foothills.
Image Courtesy © Kyung Roh
- Architects: PILDONG2GA Architects
- Project: The Bstony
- Location: Dolsan-eup, South Korea
- Photography: Kyung Roh
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 244.80 m2
- Completion Year: 2017
- Design Team: Suhee Jang, Junhwan Kim
Thursday, December 21st, 2017
Article source: 10 DESIGN
10 DESIGN WINS LATEST DESIGN COMPETITION FOR THE SHIZIMEN CBD IN ZHUHAI
With the recent design competition win of HUAFA INTERNATIONAL SEAFRONT GARDEN, 10 DESIGN celebrates the addition of their third major project in the Shizimen CBD, a new leading financial hub of Zhuhai, China. 10 DESIGN has contributed significantly with their projects totaling over 1 million sqm of GFA within the CBD alone and 8.8 million sqm of GFA throughout the city of Zhuhai.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Huafa International Seafront Garden
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: Huafa Group
- DESIGN TEAM
- Design Partner: Ted Givens
- Partner: Miriam Auyeung
- Director – Retail: Chin Yong Ng,
- Design Director: Peby Pratama, Yushan Wu, Ewa Koter, Hafsa Siddique, Dian Feng, Inigo Arrotegui, Kenton Sin, Mujung Kang, Sannie Yip, Violette Chen, Yan Liu, Alfred Mak, Erin Park and Ruizhao Zhang
- Site Area: 70,276 sqm
- GFA: Total – 376,258 sqm
- Office: 146,741 sqm
- Residential: 131,690 sqm
- Retail: 75,252 sqm
- Hotel: 22,575 sqm
- Height: highest tower at 190m
Friday, December 15th, 2017
Article source: v2com
HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates unveils their proposal for a wooden residential tower in downtown of Lagos; the most populated city in Africa with more than 16 million inhabitants. The design of the skyscraper of more than forty thousand square meters was directed by the Architect by Hermann Kamte, CEO and founder of HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates. The architect expresses that this architectural concept of wooden tower aims to improve the living conditions of the inhabitants of the city of Lagos.
Image Courtesy © HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Architects: HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Project: Lagos’s Wooden Tower
- Location: Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
- Gross floor area (GFA): 40,176 m²
- Gross volume (GV): 135,108 m³
- Site area: 13,000 m²
- Footprint area: 1134 m²
- Building height: 87 m
Monday, December 11th, 2017
Article source: TALLER ESTILO ARQUITECTURA
This project is located in the small town of Cholul, which is part of the municipality of Mérida in Yucatán, México.
The program consists of an entrance hall, a multifunctional space (living room, dining room and kitchen), terrace, studio, workshop, the master bedroom, guest bedroom, service area, the pool and a vegetable garden.
Image Courtesy © Arq. David Cervera
- Architects: TALLER ESTILO ARQUITECTURA
- Project: Ja Cholul House
- Location: Cholul, Yucatán, México
- Photography: Arq. David Cervera
- Collaborators: Arq. Silvia Eugenia Cuitún Coronado, Arq. Pedro Manuel Quintal Ruz, Ing. Emmanuel Rodríguez Godínez
- Surface: 331 sqm
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017
Article source: 2.8 Workshop / Nikolas Briceño architect
The Project is born from the idea of recovering an old cockfight coliseum no longer in use, and changing its purpose without transforming the original space and traces. The coliseum and the cocks had a big sentimental value for the owners because of a family tradition. This is the reason why the project turned out into the creation of a memorial garden.
Image Courtesy © 2.8 Workshop / Nikolas Briceño architect
Friday, October 6th, 2017
Article source: FOS [Foundry of Space]
Conceptualised by the character of its setting and the need for more green areas in today’s urban living, Condolette Pixel Sathorn is the result of the harmonisation between urban lifestyle and secluded green environment albeit it is located in the heart of Sathorn, Bangkok’s most vibrant CBD.
Image Courtesy © Teerawat Winyarat
- Architects: FOS [Foundry of Space]
- Project: Condolette Pixel Sathorn
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Teerawat Winyarat
- Client: Pruksa Real Estate PCL.
- Design Team: Makakrai Jay Suthadarat, Rinchai Chaivaraporn, Widsara Suthadarat, Singha Ounsakul, Pakhon Promtha
- Structural Engineer: Pruksa Real Estate PCL.
- Mechanical Engineer: Mitr Consultants
- Site Area: 5,000 sqm.
- Gross Floor Area: 18,000 sqm.
- Year: 2015
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: VAZIO S/A
Trees die whereas new trees are born. Growth and becoming are tools of the landscape architect, but rarely the cycle of life and death is explored in garden design.
Departing from an inexorable phenomenon – every life is a foretold failure –, Dead Garden II proposes a garden made of branches and employs dead organic matter as something that can trigger another life.
Image Courtesy © VAZIO S/A
- Architects: VAZIO S/A
- Project: Dead Garden II
- Location: Quèbec, Canada
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
Article source: v2com
AHBE Landscape Architects, an esteemed Los Angeles-based firm known for its expertise in designing thoughtful, evocative landscapes that allow for contemplation and reflection, has created a healing environment at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for patients, hospital staff, and visiting families and friends.
Unique solution transforms a concrete plaza into a restorative space in the city
The existing site consisted of a concrete plaza atop a multi-level garage. Using the metaphor of human skin, AHBE developed a multi-layered landscape solution that protects the existing building’s structural and mechanical integrity and accounts for an existing drainage system, emergency access, lighting and way finding, as well as extreme weather conditions. The solution – a unique, green roof-inspired system built onto the plaza’s existing structure – maximizes the impact of the landscape while minimizing construction and alterations to the existing building.
Image Courtesy © heliphoto.net
- Architects: AHBE Landscape Architects
- Project: Unveils Healing Gardens for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Photography: heliphoto.net
- Project team: Zeke Triana, Adrienne Haynes, Kevin Hsu)
- Contractor: Frank Webb Architects;
- Civil and structural engineering:JOMA
- MEP engineers: Ball-Nogues Design Studio
- Graphics and signage: SKA Design (graphics and signage); AECOM
- Irrigation design: Sweeney + Associates
- Design Consulting: Curtainwall Design
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: AR Design Studio
Black House is a private new build house in Kent, completed in the summer of 2017 by Winchester-based architects AR Design Studio. A contemporary property, Black House draws its influences from both the historic and modern buildings of Kent. A retired engineer and Conran interior designer, the clients, chose to move from a 15th century Tudor house and build a contemporary dream home in their garden.
Image Courtesy © Martin Gardner
- Architects: AR Design Studio
- Project: Black House
- Photography: Martin Gardner
- Engineer: John Kettle & Associates
- Budget: £1,100,000
- Total Size: GIA 400m2
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017
Article source: Carlo Ratti Associati
International design and innovation office Carlo Ratti Associati, together with property developer Citylife, has unveiled the “Garden of the Four Seasons”, an enclosed garden in Milan where all four seasons coexist with each other concurrently throughout the year. Based on a concept by Dr. Barbara Römer, founder of the creative consultancy Studio Römer, the project leverages a new system for high-precision climate control, by which incoming solar energy is partially collected through photovoltaics and partially redistributed among the different seasonal areas, with zero net energy consumption. The project aims at reclaiming a closer relationship between urban dwellers and nature’s cycles. It was commissioned by Citylife, a new neighborhood under development in the north-west of Milan based on a master plan by Zaha Hadid, Daniel Liebeskind and Arata Isozaki.
Image Courtesy © Carlo Ratti Associati
- Architects: Carlo Ratti Associati
- Project: A Garden With Four Seasons
- Location: Turin, Italy
- Team: Andrea Cassi, Peter Magnus, Chiara Borghi, Gary di Silvio Based on a concept by Barbara Römer
- Construction consultancy: Studio Ceruti