Archive for the ‘Garden’ Category
Thursday, May 17th, 2018
Article source: 3andwich Design / He Wei Studio
Located in Xin County, Henan Province, this project is an crucial part of the Dabie Mountains Outdoor Campground Park, which has been regarded as an important gateway to the Dabie Mountains National Hiking Trails.
The site of B Garden is backed by small hills, which is rich in vegetation, with a tea garden in front, a river that runs through the campground at a distance, and the hills on the other side. The site is on the platform at the foot of the mountain with open and broad views to the south and water flowing in front, namely, a geomantic site of traditional China.
There were several abandoned and dilapidated dwellings on site, which the owners wished to demolish and to construct new buildings on.
The view to guest-room From water level, Image Courtesy © Jin Weiqi
- Architects: 3andwich Design / He Wei Studio
- Project: B Garden
- Location: Xin County, Xinyang City, Henan Province, China
- Photography: Jin Weiqi, Zhou Meng
- Client: Xin County Dabie Mountain Camping Park Co., Ltd.
- Design Team: Chen Long, Li Qiang, Zhao Zhuoran, Song Ke, Wang Lingzhe, Huang Shilin
- Building Area: 920 sqm
- Period of Design: Nov. 2016 – Feb. 2016
- Period of Construction: Jun. 2017 – Sept. 2017
Sunday, May 13th, 2018
Article source: Olson Kundig
Olson Kundig worked closely with the design team from Shinsegae and artist Do-Ho Suh to create a “secret garden” for children and families in Uijeongbu, a city near Seoul, South Korea. Located on the roof of a 9-story department store, this 20,000 square-foot active play area and lush garden is an oasis of trees, plants and flowers comprised exclusively of native species from South Korea.
Image Courtesy © Dan Wilson / Olson Kundig
- Architects: Olson Kundig
- Project: Secret Garden
- Location: Uijungbu, South Korea
- Photography: Dan Wilson, Kevin Scott, Alan Maskin
- Associate Architects: Shinsegae Corporation
- Landscape Consultant: Dan Hinkley
- Landscape Architect for Shinsegae Corporation: BE-OH
- Completion Date: 05/2012
Monday, May 7th, 2018
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
There is a powerful urban dynamic between the streets of New York and the High Line, a layered civic realm that has developed over generations and in many iterations. 520 West 28th conveys this contextual relationship, applying new ideas and concepts to create the latest evolution of the site’s rich history.
The split levels of the design define varied living spaces and echoes the multiple layers of civic space on 28th Street and the High Line.
Image Courtesy © Hufton+Crow
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects (Johannes Schafelner, Alberto Barba)
- Project: 520 West 28th
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Hufton+Crow
- Design: Zaha Hadid, Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director: Johannes Schafelner
- Package Leads: Aurora Santana (Units), Stella Dourtme (Amenities), Michael Sims (Façade), Natacha Viveiros (I-max)
- Project Team: Sharan Sundar, John-Alan Gallerie, Seungho Yeo, Henning Hansen, Claudia Dorner, Jakub Klaska, Afsoon Eshaghi, Mattia Gambardella, Moa Carlson, Sara Sheikh Akbari, Niran Buyukkoz, Marius Cernica, Igor Pantic, Jamie Mann, Matthew Carapiet, Sergey Krupin, Nicola Berkowski, Peter Logan, Sebastian Lundberg, Miguel Diaz-Morales
Monday, May 7th, 2018
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
Bestseller is a world-wide fashion group with shops in over 70 countries, featuring well-known brands such as Vero Moda, Jack & Jones, Only, Pieces and several others.
The new office complex for about 800 employees is therefore intended as a showroom for Bestseller’s design-driven corporate identity, and resembles a varied flotilla of buildings at different levels, which are connected by a series of outdoor spaces like atria, courtyards, terraces and roof gardens.
The mixture of office buildings and outdoor spaces creates the impression that this is a town within a town. The complex, surrounded by canals and lakes on all four sides, forms the entrance to the new, urban district on the waterfront in Aarhus, Denmark.
Image Courtesy © Adam Moerk
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: Bestseller office complex
- Location: Aarhus, Denmark
- Photography: Adam Moerk, Thomas Moelvig, Julian Weyer
- Engineers: COWI
- Size: 22,000 m² commercial office + 24,000 m² underground logistics & parking
- Year: 2009-2015
Sunday, April 29th, 2018
Article source: Superimpose Architecture Design Studio Limited
Superimpose designed an exclusive members club and hidden wine cellar for a wine enthusiast. The project is situated at the top floor of one of Beijing’s newest and most high-end tower developments, the Genesis Community. Genesis Beijing is a mixed-use development combining a hotel, offices, gardens and a museum by Japanese Architect Tadao Ando. The members club will only be accessible to a private and selected group of members.
Image Courtesy © Marc Goodwin
- Architects: Superimpose Architecture Design Studio Limited
- Project: Sky Cellar’ on the top floor of a Beijing, Office Tower
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Marc Goodwin
- Software used: Rhino, Autocad
- Partners Superimpose: Carolyn Leung, Ben de Lange, Ruben Bergambagt, Carolyn Leung, Ben de Lange, Ruben Bergambagt, Huimin Xie, Yujia Deng, Xiaoyu Xu, Casper Kraai.
- GFA: 203 sqm
Tuesday, April 24th, 2018
Article source: VHL.Architecture
PHONG HOUSE was designed renovated from the furniture factory of VHL Interior Architecture Company
When urban life is expensive, the dream of a home for “prosperity” is that many young couples settle in urban settings.
Image Courtesy © Kingkien
- Architects: VHL.Architecture
- Project: Phong House
- Location: Hoa Xuan Ward, Cam Le Dist. Da Nang, Vietnam
- Photography: Kingkien
- Investor: (Ms) Kieu Thi Hong Tham
- Construction Supervisor: Kieu Duc Nhung and Vo Huu Duc
- Area: 5m x 20m (East – North direction)
- Finished: 01/2018
Tuesday, February 27th, 2018
Article source: Sobrado + Ugalde Arquitectos
The original California style house was located on a 2,625 sq m lot with 1,285 sq m constructed. After going over all the spaces we decided that for the intervention it was necessary to demolish the south area of the original construction, a large volume blocking all the light.
Image Courtesy © Sobrado + Ugalde Arquitectos
- Architects: Sobrado + Ugalde Arquitectos
- Project: Real Hacienda III Cañada
- Location: Atizapán de Zaragoza, Mexico
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
Article source: PILDONG2GA Architects
Project BSTONY lies on Dolsan Island, an island off the coast of Yeosu, South Jeolla Province. The island’s coastal route passes through small villages housing the lives and livelihoods of island locals. A twenty-minute drive down this road leads to an unassuming structure.
At the first meeting, the client requested a café with a garden and minimal housing capacity for mangement. The site was located at the bottom of Cheonwang Mountain and retained the natural slope of the foothills.
Image Courtesy © Kyung Roh
- Architects: PILDONG2GA Architects
- Project: The Bstony
- Location: Dolsan-eup, South Korea
- Photography: Kyung Roh
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 244.80 m2
- Completion Year: 2017
- Design Team: Suhee Jang, Junhwan Kim
Thursday, December 21st, 2017
Article source: 10 DESIGN
10 DESIGN WINS LATEST DESIGN COMPETITION FOR THE SHIZIMEN CBD IN ZHUHAI
With the recent design competition win of HUAFA INTERNATIONAL SEAFRONT GARDEN, 10 DESIGN celebrates the addition of their third major project in the Shizimen CBD, a new leading financial hub of Zhuhai, China. 10 DESIGN has contributed significantly with their projects totaling over 1 million sqm of GFA within the CBD alone and 8.8 million sqm of GFA throughout the city of Zhuhai.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Huafa International Seafront Garden
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: Huafa Group
- DESIGN TEAM
- Design Partner: Ted Givens
- Partner: Miriam Auyeung
- Director – Retail: Chin Yong Ng,
- Design Director: Peby Pratama, Yushan Wu, Ewa Koter, Hafsa Siddique, Dian Feng, Inigo Arrotegui, Kenton Sin, Mujung Kang, Sannie Yip, Violette Chen, Yan Liu, Alfred Mak, Erin Park and Ruizhao Zhang
- Site Area: 70,276 sqm
- GFA: Total – 376,258 sqm
- Office: 146,741 sqm
- Residential: 131,690 sqm
- Retail: 75,252 sqm
- Hotel: 22,575 sqm
- Height: highest tower at 190m
Friday, December 15th, 2017
Article source: v2com
HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates unveils their proposal for a wooden residential tower in downtown of Lagos; the most populated city in Africa with more than 16 million inhabitants. The design of the skyscraper of more than forty thousand square meters was directed by the Architect by Hermann Kamte, CEO and founder of HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates. The architect expresses that this architectural concept of wooden tower aims to improve the living conditions of the inhabitants of the city of Lagos.
Image Courtesy © HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Architects: HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Project: Lagos’s Wooden Tower
- Location: Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
- Gross floor area (GFA): 40,176 m²
- Gross volume (GV): 135,108 m³
- Site area: 13,000 m²
- Footprint area: 1134 m²
- Building height: 87 m