Archive for the ‘Garden’ Category
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: Ashworth Parkes Architects Ltd
The project is a collection of new ‘agricultural’ style buildings at the threshold between the formal garden of the main house and meadow beyond in a small Northampton shire village.
Image Courtesy © Ashworth Parkes Architects Ltd
Friday, March 4th, 2016
Article source: Aprilli
The Urban Skyfarm is a vertical farm design proposal for a site located in downtown Seoul, right adjacent to the Cheonggyecheon stream which is a heavily populated dense urban area within the central business district. Inspired by the ecological system of giant trees, the Urban Skyfarm is a prototype vertical farm project which would mainly support local food production and distribution while at the same time contribute to improving the environmental quality through water, air filtration and renewable energy production.
Image Courtesy © Aprilli
- Architects: Aprilli
- Project: Urban Skyfarm
- Location: Seoul, Korea
- Project Height: Sky farm (160m), Hydroponic Farm (45m)
- Total Area: 157,800 m2 (Sky farm 144,450 m2, Hydroponic Farm 13,350 m2)
- Program: Hydroponic Farm, Botanic Garden, Viewing Deck, Cafeteria, Farmers Market, Water Filtration Facility, Renewable Energy Production Facility
- Material: Light weight steel structure with open joint aluminum cladding.
- Farming System: Medium based Hydroponic System, Solution based Hydroponic System
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: VINCENT CALLEBAUT ARCHITECTURES
Stop the Ecocide:Onwards to the agroecological revolution
My name is Amlankusum. I’m a 45-year old Hindu agroecologist. For the past five years, I’ve lived with my family in the heart of a plus-energy, vertical eco-neighborhood called “Hyperions” producing more energy than it consumes. In collaboration with architects, agricultural engineers, agronomistsand farmers,I eco-conceived this garden towersproject rooted in JaypeeGreens Sports City, with the double objective of energy decentralization and food deindustrialization. My approach is holistic, combining the best of low-tech and high-tech instead ofsystematically opposing them. Our aim is to reconcile urban renaturationand small-scale farming with environment protection and biodiversity.
Image Courtesy © VINCENT CALLEBAUT ARCHITECTURES
- Architects: VINCENT CALLEBAUT ARCHITECTURES
- Project: “HYPERIONS” AGRITECTURAL GARDEN TOWERS FOR JAYPEE GREENS SPORTS CITY
- Location: Jaypee Greens Sports City, Greater Noida, New Delhi, India
- Client: Confidential
- Program: Six multi-use wooden & timber towers, co-offices, housing, agroecology, agroforestry, permaculture, aquaponic, urban farming, etc
- Housing Surface Area: 119 582 m²
- Average Size Of Each Unit: 85 M²
- Dimension: 36 storeys, 128.20 meters height including rooftop and sky footbridges
- Status: Schematic Design Phase
Monday, January 11th, 2016
Article source: maxwan a+u
Maxwan and Arteza (Moscow), in collaboration with MASA architects, have won the competition for a 50ha park for the Skolkovo Innovation Center, Moscow (a special economic zone focusing on bio-medical, space, nuclear, IT and energy). The new park integrates all public space surrounding a series of high profile buildings designed by Herzog & de Meuron, Valode & Pistre, Gensler and Bernaskoni. The team is rewarded with a contract for the realization starting scheduled for spring 2016.
Image Courtesy © maxwan a+u
- Architects: maxwan a+u
- Project: Skolkovo Gardens
- Location: Moscow, Russia
Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015
Article source: Sweco architects
The Physic Garden is a place to celebrate sensuous phenomena of all kinds. It is a place where mystic scents, changing colors, and seasonal variety can be enjoyed and studied. It is also a test bed for pharmacological research.
Image Courtesy © Sweco architects
- Architects: Sweco architects
- Project: The Physic Garden at Novartis Campus
- Location: Basel, Switzerland
- Landscape architect: Thorbjörn Andersson with Sweco architects
- Team: Pege Hillinge, Johan Krikström, Johnny Lindeberg, Emma Norrman (plants), Therese Egnor (plants), Alexander Cederroth (light), Markus Moström (graphics), Pål Svensson (drinking fountains).
- Client: Novartis Pharma
- Consultants: Schönholzer + Staufer GmbH/ Beat Rösch, Basler + Partner (structural engineering).
- Area: 2800 sqm
- Opening: 2012
- Software used: AutoCAD, sketch up, Illustrator and PhotoShop
Friday, November 20th, 2015
Article source: v2com
Wishing to live both in the city and on the waterfront, the owners searched long and hard before finding this small, narrow, affordable lot on the Des Prairies River. The lot’s shape, proximity to the river and the character of the adjoining properties were the main factors that shaped this urban home with a beautiful natural setting.
Image Courtesy © Alberto Biscaro
- Architects: Anik Péloquin architecte
- Project: A house, a river or, building small
- Location: Montréal, Canada
- Photography: Alberto Biscaro
Wednesday, November 4th, 2015
Article source: Moneo Brock Studio
The Playground at my Hospital is an architecture project that aims to brighten the conditions of children inpatients suffering from cancer. Moneo Brock Studio has worked pro bono with Juegaterapia foundation.
Image Courtesy © Ángel Álvarez Studio
- Architects: Moneo Brock Studio
- Project: Garden and Playspace Hospital
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Ángel Álvarez Studio
Tuesday, October 13th, 2015
Article source: Nomad Studio
Green Varnish, designed by landscape architecture firm nomad studio, is the first installation of its kind which is located in the courtyard of CAM in Saint Louis, with the aim of completely transforming and altering the space.
Image Courtesy © Nomad Studio
- Architects: Nomad Studio
- Project: Green Varnish
- Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, US State
- Photography: Jarred Gastreich, David Johnson, Alex Elmestad, Nomad Studio
- Brand: Nomad Studio.
- Consultants: Iria Perez and Assoc., LIA Engineering
- Assembly Team: Collab – Portico, Green Roof Blocks.
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Article source: HYLA Architects
Eng Kong Garden is a typical 3-storey semi-detached house in Singapore with a site area of about 300sqm. A timber-clad facade greets the visitor to this private semi-detached house. The house opens upon to the side garden with its timber deck and lap pool. The staircase opens up in the middle of the house and an elliptical skylight brings in light to this space. The staircase splits the house in two volumes; the front houses the Living, Dining, Family Room, Bedroom and Lounge, while the back houses the Dry and Wet kitchen, Study, Bedrooms, Master Bedroom.
Image Courtesy © Mr. Derek Swalwell
- Architects: HYLA Architects
- Project: Eng Kong Garden
- Location: Singapore
- Photography: Mr. Derek Swalwell
- Principal Architect: Mr. Han Loke Kwang
- Assistant Architects: Tiffany Ow
- Structural Engineer: SB Ng & Associates CE
- Type: New Erection of 3 storey semi-detached house
- Main Contractor: V-Tech Construction Pte Ltd
- Site Area: 308 m2
- Gross Floor Area: 357 m2
- Status: Completed 2013
Friday, September 25th, 2015
Article source: v2com
Located in the heart of Old Montreal and docked at the Port of the Saint-Lawrence River, BotaBota spa, is a major tourist attraction. The port context is rich in history and has a unique character in Montreal. The site is surrounded by water, vegetation and the massive grain silos 5. MU Architecture was commissioned to design an oasis of relaxation in this exceptional place, a little heaven in the heart of the city. It is between the boat-spa, the river and the elevated railway that BotaBota Gardens take shape.
Image Courtesy © FanyDucharme
- Architects: MU Architecture (Jean-Sébastien Herr, Charles Côté, Matthew Schmid, Sabrina Charbonneau)
- Project: BotaBota Gardens
- Location: Montreal old port, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Photography: FanyDucharme
- Client: BotaBota (Daniel Émond et Geneviève Émond)
- Consultants :
- BotaBota: David Trinque, Shella-Eve Simard
- GLT+, Project Managers: Jasmin Martel, Simon Poirier
- Kanco Steel Structure: Daniel Gouin
- Girard-Hébert, Swimming pool engineer: Pierre Girard
- Delivery date: July 4th 2015