Article source: BO LANDSCAPE
About two weeks after construction was complete on the Rakafot School, for which we were the landscape architects, and the opening of the school year, we received a surprising phone call: “I wanted your opinion on adding frogs to the school’s ‘Winter Pond.’ It was the agriculture teacher “We received complaints about mosquitoes, and it seems to be the right way to stop them is by using frogs. Besides, it will be wonderful to hear their croaks along with the children’s loud and cheerful voices.” “It’s a great idea,” we hastened to assure her, with a fantastic inner feeling, “yes, that works.”
- Architects: Knafo-Klimor Architects
- Landscape Architects: BO- Landscape Architects: Landscape Arch. Orna Ben-Ziony& Landscape Arch. Beeri Ben-Shalom, partners/owners of. Associate designer: Landscape Arch. IditIsrael.
- Project: Rakafot school grounds
- Location: Kiryat Bialik, Israel
- Photography: Amit Haas
- Software used: Autocad & Sketchup
- Developer: Kiryat Bialik Municipality, Engineering Head Department: Landscape Arch. Noam Massad, Israel.
- Development contractor: Hisham Khmeisi, Hisham Group.
- Project management and supervision: Shirley Gazit and Gonen Pinhas, Nativ Engineering and Management Ltd.