Archive for the ‘Headquarters’ Category
Wednesday, January 14th, 2015
Article source: a-lab
After 20 months of construction, the Statoil regional and international offices at Fornebu outside Oslo, Norway is now complete. A-lab received the commission after winning first prize in an open competition in 2008. Statoil is a Norwegian energy producer, the 57th largest company in the world by revenue, with about 30 000 employees in 37 countries. From October 15th, 2500 of these employees will work in the new building – including Statoil’s international department.
Image Courtesy © Luis Fonseca
- Architects: a-lab
- Project: Statoil Headquarters
- Location: Fornebu, Bærum, Norway
- Client: IT-Fornebu Eiendom
- Completion: Autumn 2012
- Total floor area: 117 000 m2
- Completion: 1. of September 2012
- Interior design: a-lab & Momentum Arkitekter (NO)
- Landscape architect: Østengen og Bergo (NO) -concept & Rambøll Norge (NO)
Wednesday, December 24th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Bee’ah, the Middle East’s leading fully integrated environmental and waste management company has commissioned Zaha Hadid Architects to build its new Headquarters building in Sharjah, UAE, following the 2013 international competition.
The new Headquarters building is part of Bee’ah’s ongoing investment to transform attitudes and behaviours in individuals, communities, businesses and cities by providing the infrastructure, tools and support to achieve their environmental goals. Working towards achieving its Zero-Waste to landfill, cleaner air and water, renewable energy and sustainable future targets, Bee’ah is developing and providing coherent and sustainable environmental solutions to meet the challenges of the community it serves.
Image Courtesy © ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Bee’ah Headquarters
- Location: Sharjah, UAE
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Associate: Tariq Khayyat
- ZHA Project Architect: Kutbuddin Nadiadi
- ZHA Design Team: Xiaosheng Li, Gerry Cruz, Yuxi Fu, Drew Merkle, Vivian Pashiali, Edward Luckmann, Eleni Mente, Kwanphil Cho, Mu Ren, Harry Ibbs, Mostafa El Sayed, Suryansh Chandra, Thomas Jensen, Alexandra Fisher, Spyridon Kaprinis
- ZHA Competition Team: Xiaosheng Li, Gerry Cruz, Yuxi Fu, Drew Merkle, Lauren Barclay, Mostafa El Sayed, Alia Zayani, Mubarak Al Fahim
- Renders: MIR
- Landscape: Francis Landscape, Beirut
- Site Area: 90,000 sq. m.
- Floor Area: 7,000 sq. m.
- Height: 18 m.
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: 3XN Architecture
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) selected 3XN to design its new headquarters after a multi-stage, international architectural competition that concluded earlier this year. The IOC and 3XN have now released the first renderings of the project, which is located on a 24,000sm site on the banks of Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland. The new building will bring together 600 employees currently working in disparate offices throughout the city.
Image Courtesy © 3XN Architecture
- Architects: 3XN Architecture
- Project: International Olympic Committee Headquarters
- Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Thursday, December 11th, 2014
Article source: MALVI
Astor Hellas, a leading wholesale international trading company in the Greek market, approached us to design their new headquarters in Thessaloniki, an office space that would gather all of their functions in an open environment which would reflect both their values and their brand position.
Image Courtesy © Giorgio Papadopoulos
- Architects: MALVI
- Project: Astor Hellas HQ (2014)
- Location: Pylaia, Thessaloniki (GR)
- Photography: Giorgio Papadopoulos
- Software used: Autodesk, Autocad 2013 and 3D Studio Max 2013
- Type: Corporate
- Size: 400 square metres (4,300 square feet)
- Progress: Completed – 2014
- Project Manager: Georgios Meselidis
- Lighting Design: Michalis Gkourogiannis / Reflect Lights
- Woodworks: Vordounas Hand Made
Saturday, December 6th, 2014
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH
The internationally operating advertising agency INNOCEAN with headquarters in Korea has moved into new European headquarters in Frankfurt am Main. A flexible and modern work world was created for the young, design-consciouscompany,which fits the different work zones within the agency.
Image Courtesy © Robert Hoernig
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH
- Project: Innocean Headquarters
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Photography: Robert Hoernig
- CLIENT: Innocean Worldwide Europe GmbH
- YEAR: 2013
- Size: 2800 m² / sqm
- TEAM: Andrew Bardzik, Anke Stern, David Schwarz, Frank Peisert, Sebastian Tiedemann, Yuliya Lytyuk, Gunter Fleitz, Peter Ippolito, Daniela Schröder, Tim Lessmann
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: De Bever Architecten
The organization of financial services ‘’De Lage Landen’’, wants to implement ‘the new world of work’ in its organization. As a result, a new location was marked for the main entrance. This inner urban location is the inspiration for the design which resulted in an ultra thin, oval shed with a diameter of 16 meters. The spherical elliptical form has a circumference of 110 meters. It is by three attachment points connected with steel cables on the side walls of the main building and weighs 30 tons.
Image Courtesy © De Bever Architecten
- Architects: De Bever Architecten
- Project: The new world of work
- Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Client: De Lage Landen, Eindhoven
- Realisation: 2011-2012
- Interior design: same-d, Voorburg
Saturday, November 22nd, 2014
Article source: FAAB Architektura
The vertical garden, covering front and side elevations, is a tool which allows to integrate the building with its green context. The FNP headquarters has become an element of the landscape in a very common sense. The green face of the building blurs the boundaries between architecture & nature.
Image Courtesy © FAAB Architektura
- Architects: FAAB Architektura
- Project: Foundation for Polish Science Headquarters
- Location: Warszawa, Poland
Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
Article source: Zechner & Zechner ZTGmbH
The ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways) has decided to build their corporate headquarters in the immediate vicinity of the new Vienna main train station. The Viennese architectural firm Zechner & Zechner emerged as winners from the two-stage, EU-wide architectural planning competition in 2009.
Image Courtesy © Pierer.net
- Architects: Zechner & Zechner ZTGmbH
- Project: ÖBB headquarters building at Vienna´s Central Station
- Location: Am Hauptbahnhof 2, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Pierer.net
- Projectmanagers: Christoph Zechner, Stefan Wecker
- Structural engineer: Thomas Lorenz ZTGmbH, Graz
- HVAC and electric engineering: Moser & Partners, Absam
- Client: BAI – Habau – Östu-Stettin
- Gross-Floor-Area: 57.800 sqm
- Usable Area: 37.600 sqm
- Levels: 24 above ground, 3 below ground
- Height: 88 m
- Design: 2009 – 2013
- Completion: October 2014
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Article source: dagli + atélier d’architecture
AKBANK is the new Netherlands Headquarters of the AKBANK in the Rembrandt Tower in Amsterdam.
The key element for the design is the concrete core of the building. The architects focused on creating a sculptural furniture element around the core, transforming it into the “core object”. The design targets to activate the spaces around the core by using a generic order. The “windmills”, a conception based on generic design, generate endless rotations around the core. The windmills are used on two levels, an upper and a lower level on which they rotate in opposite directions. The dimension of time, i.e. in this case the motion of the user causes with each new perspective unique impressions of space. The space becomes actual space. The repetition of the concept on all of the four walls and the short distances cause the intuitive will to explore the sculpture.
Image Courtesy © Jörg Hempel Photodesign
- Architects: dagli + atélier d’architecture
- Project: AKBANK
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Jörg Hempel Photodesign
- CLIENT: Akbank N.V.
- COMPLETION: Nov 2008
- SURFACE: 1.000 m²
- VOLUME: 3.000 m³
Friday, October 17th, 2014
Article source: Archiproba
The Moscow office of IO and Stampsy is located in a hall that used to be an assembly room of the Komsomol Central Committee.
Image Courtesy © Olya Eichenbaum
- Architects: Archiproba
- Project: Stampsy & IO Studio
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Olya Eichenbaum
- Architect In Charge: Tamara Muradova
- Area: 400 sqm
- Year: 2014