Archive for the ‘Headquarters’ Category
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: TBI Architecture & Engineering, Architectenbureau Olieslagers
The construction of a new headquarters always allows a company to express its corporate values through design. The young and innovative company DocMorris has carried out this transformation together with the architects in charge of the project, resulting in a new headquarters that highlights transparency, modernity, and sustainability in a flexible environment that is warm and comfortable for employees.
Image Courtesy © Andreas Horsky
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Article source: Fogarty Finger
When VOX Media needed a new home for their NYC headquarters, Fogarty Finger helped them relocate to Midtown Manhattan. Open ceilings enlarge the main work areas and highlight the board-formed slabs of this classic Mid-Century building. The high contrast palette accommodates multiple social media brands, while bolstering enthusiasm and visual interest for broadcasting.
Image Courtesy © Fogarty Finger
- Architects: Fogarty Finger
- Project: VOX Media
- Location: Manhattan, New York, USA
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: re.publique comunicazione d’architettura
Inspired by the super fast boat hulls, the building’s volume expresses dynamism and innovation of a group at the forefront of research, in strict compliance with the energy saving and psycho-phisical well-being of the employee.
Image Courtesy © MaurizioMontagna
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
Article source: Zemberek Design
The project consist of a space designed for utilisation of the export division and a lounge area which serves that space, within the headquarter of a textile company.
Image Courtesy © Şafak Emrence
- Architects: Zemberek Design
- Project: V Factory Export Division
- Location: Güneşli, İstanbul
- Photography: Şafak Emrence
- Design Team: Başak Emrence, Şafak Emrence, Ece Ilgın Avcı, Cansu Sezer
- Client: Vigoss Textile
- Project Area: 250 m²
- Design and Construction Year: January-April / 2015
Sunday, January 24th, 2016
Article source: MSR (Meyer, Scherer, & Rockcastle)
With close to 4,000 employees in 20 countries, Aimia specializes in data-driven marketing and loyalty analytics. Following the success of a previous tenant improvement project in a suburban office park, Aimia hired the same MSR design team to design its new space. With its new office, Aimia has moved to a mobile working employee strategy.
Image Courtesy © Brandon Stengel
Thursday, December 24th, 2015
Article source: DP Architects
Sunray Woodcraft Construction Headquarters (Sunray Headquarters), an industrial project at the Sungei Kadut furniture hub in Singapore, has been awarded the prestigious Design of the Year accolade at the President’s Design Award 2015. Sunray Headquarters was one of 13 projects to win this award, now in its tenth year, conferred by the President of the Republic of Singapore, Dr Tony Tan, and recognised in Singapore as the highest symbol of excellence for design.
Image Courtesy © DP Architects
- Architects: DP Architects
- Project: Sunray Headquarters
- Location: Sungei Kadut, Singapore
Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015
Article source: KUAN Architects [UCD]
This project is located at the Beijing TBD, in the northern district of the city, at the crossing of the North-South axis of the Badaling Expressway and the East-West axis of the TBD.
The site is divided into five parcels on both side of the TBD’s main landscape axis. The site is peculiar in its irregular quadrilateral shape, while all other blocks along the sides of the axis are rectangular grid. While the frequent approach would be balancing a regular site with complex architectural forms, we choose to use simple and concise shapes to balance the irregular site and use buildings to enclose a square plaza in the center. In this way, we also achieved the planning principle of reconciliating with the regularly gridded urban texture along the TBD’s East-West axis.
Image Courtesy © KUAN Architects [UCD]
- Architects: KUAN Architects [UCD]
- Project: Intellectual Property Office Headquarter
- Location: Beijing, China
- Author: Wang Kuan
- Design Team: Kuan Wang,.Dongchun Wang, Liang Xun, Mei Li, Lina Teng, Wei Liu, Feixiang Wang, Yue Zhao, Dong Guo, Yi Cao, Yanu Zeng
- Cooperation: XUN LIANG STUDIO (UCD, W&W STUDIO (UCD)
- Area: 140,500 sqm
- Status: Best Proposal to be design developed
- Scheduled completion date: 2017
Wednesday, December 16th, 2015
Article source: HENN
The new Zalando Headquarters’ a duo of buildings designed to form the heart of the corporate campus at the new site in Berlin-Friedrichshain. The project’s two seven-storey buildings provide some 42,000 m² of office space. Up to 2,700 employees will work here for Europe’s largest online supplier of shoes and fashion goods.
The plan layout rotates the building grid diagonally to the development plan thus placing the internal courtyards at the outer edges of the plot. This opening creates transitions between office and public space. Further views into and out of the building are ensured by transparent and translucent façades that express the diversity of the company to the world outside.
Zalando Headquarte, Image Courtesy © HENN
- Architects: HENN
- Project: Zalando Headquarters
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- MEP: BuroHappold, Berlin
- Fire safety: hhpberlin, Berlin
- Construction physics: Müller-BBM, Planegg
- Interior concept: KINZO, Berlin
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
Article source: Ector Hoogstad Architecten
Ector Hoogstad Architects has transformed De Artillerie, an office complex on the Nieuwe Uitleg in The Hague built in a historicising style in the 1990s, into the new police headquarters. “De Artillerie is a relatively new building, many features of which are still usable,” said Joost Ector, director of the Rotterdam-based architectural practice. “It has an interesting structure with a spatial quality that was completely neglected in the original design. Thanks to a number of substantial interventions it has been transformed into a pleasantly spacious, light and airy building with just the right atmosphere for a police headquarters.”
Main entrance Nieuwe Uitleg, The Hague, Image Courtesy © Petra Appelhof
- Architects: Ector Hoogstad Architecten
- Project: New headquarters for the Dutch police
- Location: Netherlands
- Photography: Petra Appelhof
- Client: Korps Nationale Politie
- Project team: Joost Ector, Max Pape, Lennaert van Capelleveen, Markus Clarijs, Sabine Alders, Pim Bangert, Laurence van Benthem, Kees Bongers, Arja Hoogstad, Randy Lutteke, Hetty Mommersteeg, Ralph Noordhoek Elia Salcedo, Jaap Veldkamp
- Construction management: IMd Raadgevende ingenieurs
- Installation consultants: Deerns raadgevende adviseurs bv
- Costs consultants: IGG
- Main contractor: De Vries en Verburg
- Gross floor area: 14.400m2
- Completion: 2015
Thursday, December 3rd, 2015
Article source: RAU architects
The new head office for the energy grid company Alliander in Duiven (The Netherlands) was recently inaugurated. RAU architects is responsible for the renovation of the existing buildings and the extension (covering an area of 21.858 square-meters), which will house 1550 workers. This is the first renovation project in The Netherlands to obtain the BREEAM-NL outstanding sustainability certificate.
Image Courtesy © Marcel van der Burg
- Architects: RAU architects
- Project: Alliander HQ
- Location: Duiven, The Netherlands
- Photography: Marcel van der Burg, Thomas Heye (construction site photo)
- Software used: Archicad