Archive for the ‘Headquarters’ Category
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: ACDF* Architecture-Urbanisme-Intérieur
Desiring to establish a new headquarters where the expertise of the company would be exposed as a showcase, St-Germain Aqueducts and Sewers decides to relocate its operations to a new site: a fallow farm bordered a motorway ( 116) and an urban residential area in St. Hubert.
Image Courtesy © ACDF* Architecture-Urbanisme-Intérieur
- Architects: ACDF* Architecture-Urbanisme-Intérieur
- Project: St-Germain Aqueducts and Sewers
- Location: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada
- Client: St-Germain égouts et aqueducs
- Cost: 5,4 M $
- Year: 2008
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: KTX archiLAB
Toshin Satellite Preparatory schools gained considerable place in the Japanese cram schools business despite being subject to a strong competition. This development is mostly due to the perpetual seeking of space renewal and services improvements
For its location in Kawanishi, the school needed new reception, consultation and conference spaces in order to be more attractive and provide better accessibility to both subscribed and prospective students.
From Entrance, Image Courtesy © Stirling Elmendorf
- Architects: KTX archiLAB
- Project: The Duplicated Edge
- Location: Kawanishi, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Stirling Elmendorf
- Client: Matsuo Gakuin
- Head Architect Designer: Tetsuya Matsumoto
- Area: 108sqm
- Date of Completion: March 2017
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
Article source: Buratti Architetti
The project for the new headquarters of Atieva, a Silicon Valley based company involved in research and production of electric cars, has two main parts: the interior renovation of an existing office building and the new outdoor entrance.
The project for the new headquarters is about the new layout of the interior spaces, especially on the public areas such as the entrance, the lounge spaces, meeting and conference rooms and so on. These are the most representative space in the building, that will involve both employees, clients, suppliers and everyone who will be invited at the company.
Image Courtesy © Buratti Architetti
- Architects: Buratti Architetti
- Project: ATIEVA headquarters
- Location: Menlo Park, San Francisco California, USA
- Software used: Autocad LT, 3D Studio Max and Photoshop
Thursday, April 20th, 2017
Article source: MMEB arquitetos
Because it is an expansion, an attachment, we chose a harmonious integration with the existing building, on a site of modest dimensions, with a program of needs that conditioned the use of its whole construction potential. Our concern was to integrate the two parts while providing our work with its own personality. In order to achieve this, we initially used a horizontal block to simulate continuity to the existing building, and a vertical bar to break this idea, creating a counterpoint to it. These two basic shapes are sculptured and modified to form the building and receive natural light. On the facade we chose to make a few openings due to strong sunshine in the afternoon, considering that Cuiabá, a city located in central Brazil with a humid tropical climate, presents summer temperatures that can reach 42º C. If on one hand we shut off the façade to protect the building, on the other hand we created courtyards, so that the building can receive natural light and ventilation, an efficient and unusual solution today in our city, a forgotten regional tradition that we sought to recover. Considering the small dimensions of the lot, we decided in favor of a steel structure and external panels of lightweight cement slabs with all walls containing thermal and acoustic insulation and plasterboard on internal walls and ceilings. The design included two courtyards that serve as a source of natural light and ventilation. By adopting the courtyards, we provided our customers with a new way of life, taking into account that they were previously working in rooms with no natural light or ventilation. And the headquarters of Carmo Lawyers embodies this concept of sustainability, on its four floors space designed by us decorated.
Image Courtesy © MMEB arquitetos
- Architects: MMEB arquitetos
- Project: CARMO ADVOGADOS HEADQUARTER
- Location: Cuiaba, Brazil
- Projects Director: Márcia Miranda
- Administrative Director: Éder Bispo
Friday, April 14th, 2017
Article source: Fougeron Architecture
For its new headquarters, The Kapor Center commissioned a design competition to transform an existing 1920s-era office building in downtown Oakland into innovative workspace. The Kapor Center for Social Impact works to improve access to opportunity, participation and influence in the United States for historically underrepresented communities through investments in information technology and partnerships with nonprofits. The new headquarters had to be an architectural manifestation of the Kapor Center’s core values: connectivity, openness, and democracy.
Image Courtesy © Fougeron Architecture
- Architects: Fougeron Architecture
- Project: Kapor
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Size: 45,000 sf.
- Date of Completion: May 2016
Friday, April 14th, 2017
Article source: LOCALARCHITECTURE
Elegant and iconic, the new headquarters of the FIM (International Motorcycling Federation) had to wait ten years before taking shape on a site in the outskirts of Geneva where road and railway meet.
It was in 2006 that LOCALARCHITECTURE and Bureau d’Architecture Danilo Mondada won the competition (conducted by the MEP – Mandat d’Études Parallèles – parallel development selection process) for the extension of the International Motorcycling Federation’s main headquarters in Mies in the canton of Vaud. Following a change of administration at the FIM the project was abandoned. A new selection procedure with invited architects was launched in 2013, with a modified functional programme. At this point the mandate was awarded to LOCALARCHITECTURE.
Image Courtesy © MatthieuGafsou
- Architects: LOCALARCHITECTURE
- Project: The new FIM Headquarters
- Location: Route de Suisse 11, CH-1295 Mies (VD), Switzerland
- Photography: MatthieuGafsou and JoelTettamanti
- Client: FIM – Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (International Motorcycling Federation)
- Construction management: Thinka Architecture studio, Onex
- Civil engineering: INGENI, Ingénierie Structurale, Carouge
- Heating/Ventilation/Plumbing/Electricity engineers: Amstein Walthert, Geneva
- Acoustical engineering: Architecture & Acoustique SA, Geneva
- Lighting: Etienne Gillabert, Paris
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017
Article source: DFA | Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
The dynamics and future urban density of the district, as well as the orientation of the site, the vastness of the sky and the proximity to the water are the prerequisites for the implementation of the project. The aim is to create a modern working environment that gives this special place a strong identity, in particular by linking architecture and landscape. The project participates in the development of this new district and dialogues with the important surrounding buildings, the shopping center and the Heaquarter of Icade which are also structured around the channel Darse.
Image Courtesy © Hertha Hurnaus
- Architects: DFA | Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Project: Siège VEOLIA
- Location: 30 rue Madeleine Vionnet 93300 Aubervilliers, France
- Photography: Hertha Hurnaus
- Client: SCI 68 Victor Hugo
- Project team leader: Dietmar Feichtinger, Matthieu Miclot
- Team: Alessandro Capello, Paolo Carignano, Karolina Kania, Erika Naccari, Cristina Giordani, Giulia Borghi, Begona Camarero, Déborah Blaise, Louise Deguine, Irene Roca Moracia, Gerhard Pfeiler, Fatima Abel Couceiro, Laura Enshaie
- Team competition: Mathieu Miclot, Claire Bodenez, Déborah Blaise, Laura Ulloa, Barbara Feichtinger-Felber, Camille Crépin, Guillaume Buton, Elisabet Lara, Gerardo Rosenzweig, Franciso Castellanos, Ricardo Lovelace, Fatima Abel Couceiro
Sunday, April 9th, 2017
Article source: Yang jin-seok (Y GROUP)
This project is to make headquarters and exhibition centers for complex furniture company, Nefs. Nefs is South Korean company with unique design philosophy. The company is growing as a complex furniture firm, launching office furnitures as well as kitchen furnitures. The projact began when the headquarters moved to a 30-year old building with exposed concrete exterior, built in 1984, located in the side of Dosandaero.
Image Courtesy © Kim Yongkwan
- Architects: Yang jin-seok (Y GROUP)
- Project: Nefs headquarters
- Location: Dosandaero, South
- Photography: Kim Yongkwan
Friday, April 7th, 2017
Article source: Guida Moseley Brown Architects
Guida Moseley Brown Architects (GMB) were selected by long time collaborator for China-based architectural projects, the Suzhou Industrial Park Design and Research Institute (now The ARTS Group), to provide design services for the interior architecture, furniture, and lighting design of all of the highly “public” spaces in their new mixed-use multiple-form headquarters in Suzhou.
Image Courtesy © ARTS Group
- Interior Architects: Guida Moseley Brown Architects
- Project: ARTS Group Headquarters
- Location: Suzhou, China
- Photography: ARTS Group
- Building Architects: ARTS Group
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: +ADD
The Global Headquarters located in New York City. Located in the historical twin gothic towers that compose Trinity Centre located in the vibrant and ever changing Financial District. The new space will house 250 employees. Having mainly northern light to work with we selected a bright pallet including natural ash wood, the company’s pallet of black and white plus brushed brass accents in light fixtures and hardware elements to accomplish a strong interior space. We allocated resources to where they were most needed, including a welcoming lobby/lounge space that portrays the company’s graphic mastery into architectural elements using ash wood louvered panels and glass as the main characters.
Image Courtesy © Imagen Subliminal
- Architects: +ADD
- Project: Paperless Post’s Headquarters
- Location: New York City, USA
- Photography: Imagen Subliminal
- Client: Paperless Post / Capital Properties
- MEP/FP Engineer: MGEngineering D.P.C.
- General Contractor: Sentinel Builders LLC
- Project Area: 36,000 sq ft
- Project Year: 2016
- Status: Built