Archive for the ‘Headquarters’ Category
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: Taller 9s Arquitectes
Comprehensive rehabilitation of two tanneries in the Rec neighborhood, an industrial area located south of Igualada, formed by ancient leather tanneries, modest architecture buildings without an outstanding heritage value, but of great importance to the city from the viewpoint of historical memory. The framework of the project is an urban strategic operation looking to strenght its heritage assets. The project it is a first step of the intervention, with the objective to create a space for dissemination tanning in the XXI century.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Taller 9s Arquitectes, Oriol Cusidó & Irene Marzo
- Project: Rehabilitation Of Old Tanneries As European Headquarters Of The Quality Leather Center
- Location: Igualada, in Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Promoter: Igualada Town Council
- Management: Diputació de Barcelona (Barcelona Provincial Government)
- Built surface: 1.059 m2
- Development of project:june 2013 – october 2013
- Execution of works: april 2014 – march 2015
- Budget: 750.000 €
Saturday, February 20th, 2016
Article source: DARK ARKITEKTER
DNB’s 70.000 m2 headquarter consists of 3 buildings on which the architecture firms Dark Arkitekter, a-lab and MVRDV are collaborating on design and architecture. Dark Arkitekter AS is responsible for Bygg C, the C-building. The C-building consists of 11.686 m2 spread over 15 stories, and is planned to be completed in 2012.
Image Courtesy © Christian Roth Christensen
- Architects: DARK ARKITEKTER
- Project: DNB HOUSE WEST BUILDING
- Location: BJØRVIKA, OSLO, NORWAY
- Photography: OLAF KON and Jiri Havran
- Software used: Autodesk Revit
- Client: Oslo S Utvikling AS
- Program: 11.700 m2 offices
- Year: 2012
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: TBI Architecture & Engineering, Architectenbureau Olieslagers
The construction of a new headquarters always allows a company to express its corporate values through design. The young and innovative company DocMorris has carried out this transformation together with the architects in charge of the project, resulting in a new headquarters that highlights transparency, modernity, and sustainability in a flexible environment that is warm and comfortable for employees.
Image Courtesy © Andreas Horsky
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Article source: Fogarty Finger
When VOX Media needed a new home for their NYC headquarters, Fogarty Finger helped them relocate to Midtown Manhattan. Open ceilings enlarge the main work areas and highlight the board-formed slabs of this classic Mid-Century building. The high contrast palette accommodates multiple social media brands, while bolstering enthusiasm and visual interest for broadcasting.
Image Courtesy © Fogarty Finger
- Architects: Fogarty Finger
- Project: VOX Media
- Location: Manhattan, New York, USA
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: re.publique comunicazione d’architettura
Inspired by the super fast boat hulls, the building’s volume expresses dynamism and innovation of a group at the forefront of research, in strict compliance with the energy saving and psycho-phisical well-being of the employee.
Image Courtesy © MaurizioMontagna
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
Article source: Zemberek Design
The project consist of a space designed for utilisation of the export division and a lounge area which serves that space, within the headquarter of a textile company.
Image Courtesy © Şafak Emrence
- Architects: Zemberek Design
- Project: V Factory Export Division
- Location: Güneşli, İstanbul
- Photography: Şafak Emrence
- Design Team: Başak Emrence, Şafak Emrence, Ece Ilgın Avcı, Cansu Sezer
- Client: Vigoss Textile
- Project Area: 250 m²
- Design and Construction Year: January-April / 2015
Sunday, January 24th, 2016
Article source: MSR (Meyer, Scherer, & Rockcastle)
With close to 4,000 employees in 20 countries, Aimia specializes in data-driven marketing and loyalty analytics. Following the success of a previous tenant improvement project in a suburban office park, Aimia hired the same MSR design team to design its new space. With its new office, Aimia has moved to a mobile working employee strategy.
Image Courtesy © Brandon Stengel
Thursday, December 24th, 2015
Article source: DP Architects
Sunray Woodcraft Construction Headquarters (Sunray Headquarters), an industrial project at the Sungei Kadut furniture hub in Singapore, has been awarded the prestigious Design of the Year accolade at the President’s Design Award 2015. Sunray Headquarters was one of 13 projects to win this award, now in its tenth year, conferred by the President of the Republic of Singapore, Dr Tony Tan, and recognised in Singapore as the highest symbol of excellence for design.
Image Courtesy © DP Architects
- Architects: DP Architects
- Project: Sunray Headquarters
- Location: Sungei Kadut, Singapore
Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015
Article source: KUAN Architects [UCD]
This project is located at the Beijing TBD, in the northern district of the city, at the crossing of the North-South axis of the Badaling Expressway and the East-West axis of the TBD.
The site is divided into five parcels on both side of the TBD’s main landscape axis. The site is peculiar in its irregular quadrilateral shape, while all other blocks along the sides of the axis are rectangular grid. While the frequent approach would be balancing a regular site with complex architectural forms, we choose to use simple and concise shapes to balance the irregular site and use buildings to enclose a square plaza in the center. In this way, we also achieved the planning principle of reconciliating with the regularly gridded urban texture along the TBD’s East-West axis.
Image Courtesy © KUAN Architects [UCD]
- Architects: KUAN Architects [UCD]
- Project: Intellectual Property Office Headquarter
- Location: Beijing, China
- Author: Wang Kuan
- Design Team: Kuan Wang,.Dongchun Wang, Liang Xun, Mei Li, Lina Teng, Wei Liu, Feixiang Wang, Yue Zhao, Dong Guo, Yi Cao, Yanu Zeng
- Cooperation: XUN LIANG STUDIO (UCD, W&W STUDIO (UCD)
- Area: 140,500 sqm
- Status: Best Proposal to be design developed
- Scheduled completion date: 2017
Wednesday, December 16th, 2015
Article source: HENN
The new Zalando Headquarters’ a duo of buildings designed to form the heart of the corporate campus at the new site in Berlin-Friedrichshain. The project’s two seven-storey buildings provide some 42,000 m² of office space. Up to 2,700 employees will work here for Europe’s largest online supplier of shoes and fashion goods.
The plan layout rotates the building grid diagonally to the development plan thus placing the internal courtyards at the outer edges of the plot. This opening creates transitions between office and public space. Further views into and out of the building are ensured by transparent and translucent façades that express the diversity of the company to the world outside.
Zalando Headquarte, Image Courtesy © HENN
- Architects: HENN
- Project: Zalando Headquarters
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- MEP: BuroHappold, Berlin
- Fire safety: hhpberlin, Berlin
- Construction physics: Müller-BBM, Planegg
- Interior concept: KINZO, Berlin