Archive for the ‘Hospital’ Category
Wednesday, May 7th, 2014
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
The competition-winning design for the extension and refurbishment of the Vendsyssel Hospital seeks to enhance the overarching architectonic identity of the hospital and to integrate buildings and landscapes in various ways, including a rooftop children’s oasis.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: Vendsyssel Hospital – Extension &Renovation
- Location: Hjørring, Denmark
- Client: RegionNordjylland
- Landscape architect: C.F. Møller Landscape
- Engineering: MOE
- Size: 14.000 m2 (new-built), ca. 11.000 m2 (renovation)
- Year: 2014-2019
- Awards: 1st. Prize in Architectural Competition 2014
Sunday, April 13th, 2014
Article source: C. F. Møller Architects
The citizens of North Zealand in 2020 have a new and modern hospital at approx. 124,000 m² to be built in green surroundings close to Hillerød city for the area’s 310,000 citizens, with a budget running to DKK 3.8 billion.
The idea of the new North Zealand hospital has been to create a landmark in line with the nearby Frederiksborg Castle – a hospital where architecture and nature merge and form a safe environment for patients, a super functional and attractive workplace and a green recreational haven for all citizens in the area.
Image Courtesy © C. F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C. F. Møller Architects
- Project: New North Zealand Hospital
- Location: Hillerød, Denmark
- Client: Copenhagen Region
- Consortium: (Lead consultancy and copyright): C.F. Møller A/S (architects), Alectia A/S, Rambøll A/S (engineers)
- Size: 124,000 m2
- Year: 2013-2014
- Awards: 1st Prize in international competition (phase I), Finalist (phase II)
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Article source: Banker Wire
Parking Structure Aims to Improve Patient Experience at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton
The new Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton serves members of the military in a healing and calming environment – from the moment they arrive on the hospital’s campus to the moment they leave. A four-story parking garage, featuring Banker Wire metal fabric railings and partitions, helps establish this calming environment and creates a sense of tranquility for patients.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire
- Architects: HKS, Inc.
- Project: Military Chooses Banker Wire Metal Mesh for Naval Hospital Parking Garage
- Location: Camp Pendleton, USA
- Photography: Banker Wire
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Article source: CHIRAG N MULANI
We all know health is wealth..Hospital architecture minimize doctor’s circulation as well as doctor to patient circulation..Seprate emg.entry provided for critical patients. Doctor’s room provided around operation theatre and culsultancy(O.P.D)..Courtyard
provided at centre of the hospital..Hospital management area and O.P.D areas provided at which point so all new visitors are quickly find them and visit them..
Image Courtesy © CHIRAG N MULANI
- Architects: CHIRAG N MULANI
- Project: MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
The design by architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners, with JB Ferrari, for a new children’s hospital at the Lausanne University Hospital has won first prize in an international competition. The hospital is to provide 85 beds and an accident and emergency unit for children, and is provisionally scheduled to open in 2019. The design concept includes light-flooded open areas with much greenery, which are intended to make a hospital stay as agreeable as possible for patients and their relatives. Today, the entry will be presented to the public in Lausanne.
Image Courtesy © gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Architects: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: New construction of children’s hospital at Lausanne University Hospital
- Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Competition: 2014 – 1st prize
- Design: Volkwin Marg
- Associated Partner: Christian Hoffmann
- Project Management, gmp: Martin Bleckmann, Stefan Walter
- Team members, gmp: Christoph Salentin, Lukasz Rubnikowicz, Marlen Beckedahl, Flori Jackowski, Stephanie Krämer-Hilke
- Project Management, JB Ferrari: Sébastien Zwissig
- Team members, JB Ferrari: Steve Cherpillod, Marcella Wurmli, Annick Lavenex
- Gross floor area: 39,232 m²
- Client: Etat de Vaud, DSAS, CHUV
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Article source: Kutch & Company
ARRA-funded hospital takes home top honors for construction and partnering
The Naval Hospital at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton received two Alliant Build America awards yesterday from the Associated General Contractors of America, including Best New Building Project and the Marvin M. Black Excellence in Partnering award.
- Architects: HDR Architecture and HKS, Inc.
- Project: Naval Hospital at Camp Pendleton Earns Two AGC Alliant Build America Awards
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Article source: Mario Corea Arquitectura
The recently inaugurated Subacute Hospital in Mollet del Vallès is an example of how a hospital constructed in the 1950s and 60s, which had fallen into disuse, can be successfully recycled to meet the current and future challenges emerging in healthcare. The renovation project was based on simple and effective interventions that were practical as well as functional, resulting in a low-cost, energy-efficient hospital that re-assumes an active role in the day-to-day life of the city.
Image Courtesy © Pepo Segura
- Architects: Mario Corea Arquitectura
- Project: Subacute Hospital of Mollet
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Pepo Segura
: André Mota, María Ceballos, Berta Masnou, Marina Correia
- Year completed: 2013
- Area: 6,500 sqm
Tuesday, February 4th, 2014
Article source: KUBOTA & BACHMANN ARCHITECTS GmBH
The new ETH building is conceived as an efficient and flexible architectural device, providing an answer to the multiple aspects shaping its complex environment.
On the one hand, the landscape and the urban quality of the public spaces around the building condition the building’s insertion. The respect of the historical urban fabric, in particular the Heritage garden in the south facade of the site, is essential as it constitutes an important area of the city urban fabric throughout the centuries. At the same time, all the classed trees in the site will be preserved.
Image Courtesy © KUBOTA & BACHMANN ARCHITECTS
Tuesday, January 28th, 2014
Article source: ACXT Arquitectos
Due to its location, the new General Services Building of the Cruces Hospital takes a predominant position from the highway and acquires a strong importance in the surroundings. The building is provided with symbolic value and reflects its activity by means of the façade. The façade is generated by a pattern of proteins, as it might be the image associated to the medical vanguard and research.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: ACXT Arquitectos (Gonzalo Carro + Javier Pérez Uribarri)
- Project: General Services Building of Cruces Hospital
- Location: Barakaldo, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Client: Osakidetza, Basque health service
- Quality control program: Fco. Javier Ruiz de Prada, Ziortza Bardeci, Gabriel Bustillo Churruca, Agurtzane Insa Sáenz, Maria Bardal Sánchez
- Structures: INEK ingeniería
- 3D Design: Roberto Fernández de Gamboa
- Area.(m2 y pies2; 1ft2 = 0,093 m2): 9.962,51
Thursday, January 23rd, 2014
Article source: Lemanarc SA
1. The creation of human-scale building through the unification of architecture and landscape
Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, founded by Canadian Missionary Dr. Macklin, is located in the downtown center of Nanjing city. It is one of the most renowned hospitals in China.The earlier expansions of the hospital was driven by the development of modern medical technology as well as the increasing municipal population. Despite the remarkable scales, most of these early expansions are hardly more than simple and urgent addition and extension of existing function to meet the rapidly increasing need for medical service. As a result, the functional layout of many floors are not well organized and streamlined for the operation of the hospital as a whole. For instance, the existing outpatient department is on the east side of Zhongshan Rd, connected with the main buildings of the hospital, which is on the west side, only through a narrow underground passageway, which makes extra inconvenience to both patients and staffs.
Image Courtesy © Lemanarc SA
- Architects: Lemanarc SA
- Project: Drum Tower Nanjing Hospital
- Location: Nanjing, China