Archive for the ‘Hostel’ Category
Tuesday, February 5th, 2013
Article source: CEBRA
One of Grundfos Dormitory’s remarkable characteristics is providing student housings in the heart of Aarhus’ new harbour front development – that is, a low cost residential building on a very attractive site. Like many other industrial harbor fronts, the former container port of Aarhus is being transformed into a dynamic new neighborhood. Grundfos Dormitory is one of the first finished projects in the area that on completion will be home to 7,000 inhabitants and provide 12,000 workplaces. Its total site area amounts to 800,000 m2 making this development one of Europe’s largest harbor front city developments.
Image Courtesy Mikkel Frost
- Architects: CEBRA
- Project: Grundfos Dormitory
- Location: Grethe Løchtes Gade, Aarhus, DK
- Commission: Private
- Type: Turnkey contract
- Category: Residential
- Client: Engineering College of Aarhus
- Software used: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhinoceros, VRay for Rhinoceros, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Tuesday, August 28th, 2012
Article source: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
La Condesa is a residential development that began on the early years of the XX century in Mexico City. Nowadays it is back on sight of locals and visitors because for its privileged location and the recent economic growth of the area. Taking these into account investors decided to place Hostal La Buena Vida (The Good Life Hostel) in this area and the perfect location was found on Mazatlán Street.
Hostal La Buena Vida
Friday, March 30th, 2012
Article source: Hawkins\Brown
Hawkins\Brown has completed new student accommodation, a restaurant and CPD facility at the Royal Veterinary College’s Hawkshead Campus near Potters Bar, Hertfordshire. The scheme allows for an increased number of students to live on campus, providing accommodation for 205 students, a restaurant and conference/meeting rooms.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Tim Crocker)
- Architects: Hawkins\Brown
- Name of Project: Student Village, Royal Veterinary College
- Location: Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
- Gross internal area: 6,480 sq m
- Value: £18 million
- Photographs: Tim Crocker
Tuesday, February 7th, 2012
Article source: Studioninedots + HVDN
Studioninedots + HVDN wins student housing competition for TU Delft Campus
By invitation of housing-corporation DUWO, Studioninedots + HVDN, Architectural office Marlies Rohmer and Knevel architects each made a conceptual design for 140 permanent student housing at the TU Delft campus. The project parameters were to design a volume of 67 meters long and 5 storeys high, the building should have its own strong identity and a collective space on the roof. Another requirement was to have rain water harvesting on the roof as well.
Exterior View in day
- Architect: Studioninedots + HVDN
- Name of Project: TU Delft Campus
- Location: TU campus Delft, Netherlands
- Client: Stichting DUWO
- Type: Studenthousing, 138 houses
- Budget: €5.600.000
- Software used: Vectorworks
Wednesday, January 4th, 2012
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
Environmentally cutting edge Boston University Student Housing opens in UTS architecture strip – Tony Owen Partners
Following the release of the new plans for the UTS Business Schiool by architect Frank Ghery, a new architectural environmental showpiece will be completed this week in the precinct. This week sees the opening of the new student housing building for Boston University in Regent Street. Designed by Tony Owen Partners in association with Silvester Fuller architects the new facility provides 164 student accommodation rooms for the US based education institution.
- Architect: Tony Owen Partners
- Name of Project: Boston University Student Housing
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Software used: Autocad, 3-Dstudio, Maya and Rhino.
Saturday, November 12th, 2011
Article source: LAVA
Modernisation of the Berchtesgaden Youth Hostel– Design meets Adventure: Haus Untersberg – now open
LAVA’s reinterpretation of an existing youth hostel has resulted in a completely new type of space. The transformation of the youth hostel is underway!
The design is all about the individuality of spaces – LAVA achieved this by the clever reorganisation of the existing volume resulting in different types of bedrooms. And a sustainable makeover includes low energy facade, floor heating, the installation of a bimass pellet heating system and the use of local materials and craftsmanship.
Night view Berchtesgaden Youth hostel (Images Courtesy Robert Pupeter)
- Architect: LAVA – Laboratory for Visionary Architecture
- Name of Project: Berchtesgaden Youth Hostel– Haus Untersberg
- Location: Berchtesgaden, Germany
- Team: Chris Bosse, Tobias Wallisser, Alexander Rieck
- Date: 2011
- Client: Deutsches Jugendherbergswerk, Landesverband Bayern e.V., München
- Photo Credit: Robert Pupeter, Tobias Wallisser
Wednesday, May 25th, 2011
Article source: UGO Architecture
Project created for Barcelona 2011 Bohemian Hostel for Backpackers international competition. For this competition consisted of designing a 100 tall tower -hostel that includes relaxation areas, stores, cafe and at the same time creates a new landmark in the city of Barcelona.