Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
Article source: v2com
One of Croatia’s most respected contemporary artists has brought the outside inside to enrich the visitor’s experience at a landmark hotel.
SofijaSilvia has produced an extensive body of photography that specifically responds to the unique architectural and landscape heritage of Hotel Eden, which occupies a modernist masterpiece in forest parkland outside the ancient port town of Rovinj, Croatia.
Image Courtesy © SofijaSilvia
- Architects: AD, arhitektura i dizajn d.o.o.
- Project: Forest of Eden
- Location: Hotel Eden, Rovinj, Croatia
- Artist: SofijaSilvia
- Lightboxes Producer: Centar Kovačić d.o.o.
- Investor: Maistra d.d.
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018
Article source: Richter Dahl Rocha & Partner Architects
Designed by the Richter Dahl Rocha & Associés Architects, the Aquatis complex is part of the Biopôle, a science-based science park in the north of Lausanne. The place is strategic, at the crossroads of the motorway bypass of the city with the new M2 line of the Lausanne metro, inaugurated in 2008. The set consists of a parking-relay on which are placed a hotel and the aquarium -vivarium City of fresh water, connected by a central mall that connects with the metro station «Lausanne-Vennes», and with the car park. Each building has its own identity, but contributes to the coherence of the whole.
Image Courtesy © Richter Dahl Rocha & Partner Architects
- Architects: Richter Dahl Rocha & Partner Architects
- Project: Aquatis | Aquarium-Vivarium
- Location: Route de Berne 144-148, 1010, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Ing.Civil/Structure | Aquarium | Parking: Ingeni Sa
- Ing. Civil / Structure | Hotel | Parking: Daniel Willi SA
- Ing.civil / Structure | Aquarium | Parking: ingeni sa
- Ing. Civil / Structure | Hotel | Parking: daniel willi sa
- Engineer Cvse: rational energies sa
- Health Engineer: h. Schumacher sa
- Etf Engineer: etf sa fragnière sa
Monday, April 9th, 2018
Article source: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
Emerging Milan based firm Peter Pichler Architecture won an international invited competition for a mixed use development in Taiping, China. It is the first project in China for the young firm, that was founded in Milan two and a half years ago. The mixed use development consists of a boutique Hotel, residential apartments, offices, retail, parks and parking.
Image Courtesy © PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Taiping Mixed Use Development
- Location: Taiping, Kunming, Yunnan, China
- Client: Keycity Group
- Team PPA Competition Phase: Peter Pichler, Gianluigi D´Aloisio, Daniele Colombati, Giovanni Paterlini, Simona Alù, Cem Özbaşaran, Silvana Ordinas
- Project Gfa: 100.000m²
- Year: 2018 winning invited international competition, 2018 beginning of Phase 1 construction, 2022 finish construction
Thursday, April 5th, 2018
Article source: NOA* – NETWORK OF ARCHITECTURE
In the demolition and reconstruction of the Hotel Tofana in St. Kassian / S. Cassiano in Badia Valley (IT), the surrounding mountain range served as inspiration for the new architecture and interior design. The concept of the new “Explorer’s Home” transfers the athletic spirit of the owner family to the entire building…
Image Courtesy © Alex Filz
Monday, March 26th, 2018
Article source: Hastings Architecture Associates, LLC
The luxury Thompson Hotel is a new, curved skyscraper located in Nashville, Tennessee featuring 60,000 square feet of high-performing solar control low-emissivity glass from AGC Glass North America.
Designed by Nashville’s Hastings Architecture, the Thompson Hotel is a stunning example of hospitality architecture with its best-in-class finishes. Rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows with glazing manufactured by AGC Glass North America and fabricated by Insulite Glass.
Image Courtesy © Hastings Architecture Associates, LLC
Sunday, March 25th, 2018
Article source: Zechner & Zechner ZT GmbH
Completion of the listed complex by Peter Behrens
Compared to the original building by Peter Behrens, who in the 1930s created an internationally regarded masterpiece of Modernism with Tabakfabrik Linz, the new development added in the early 1980s was not of the same architectural standard.
The 80s addition was demolished, releasing a site that the Linz authorities thought would be the perfect location for the main building of the Tabakfabrik complex and, based on its key geographical role in the fabric of the city, they decided it would be a historic chance to positively impact the development of the city.
Image Courtesy © Zechner & Zechner ZT GmbH
- Architects: Zechner & Zechner ZT GmbH
- Project: NeuBau3
- Location: Linz, Austria
- Software used: Autocad, Revit
- Project Development / Investor: Bodner Bau GesmbH & Co KG, Kufstein
- Open Space Planning: Korbwurf/Korbinian Lechner, Vienna
Sunday, March 25th, 2018
Article source: German Velasco Arquitectos
PugSealTennyson is located in a house from the 40s in the Neocolonial or Colonial Californian style that was very popular at that time in the neighborhood of Chapultepec Polanco. The house harbors the heritage of many decades of history, memories, feelings and surely a great amount of sensations. All these moments, feelings, nostalgia is what we take up in the team of Germán Velasco Arquitectos to create the history of the Hotel PugSeal.
Image Courtesy © German Velasco Arquitectos
Sunday, March 25th, 2018
Article source: IDEA Asociados
The main goal of this project —located in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico— was to consolidate a contemporary image respecting and harmonizing with the local architecture to become an architectural reference of one of the most important tourist areas of the country. The challenge for IDEA Asociados team was to achieve a perfect balance both in its exterior architecture and in its interior design resulting in the creation of a beautiful building in harmony with its surroundings.
Image Courtesy © IDEA Asociados
- Architects: IDEA Asociados
- Project: JW Marriott Los Cabos
- Location: Baja California Sur, Mexico
Friday, March 23rd, 2018
Article source: Fan Life
To stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city, to find a pure land where we could listen to birds’ singing and watch clouds and stars where all our worries would disappear…
Image Courtesy © Zhang Xiuming