Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, June 20th, 2018
Article source: YANG & ASSOCIATES GROUP
There is merely a city that can be compared to Yiwu, for it combines ancient and modern, the Orient and the Occident so perfectly. This legendary county is famous for its small commodities market and is now introduced to the world again thanks to today’s “Belt and Road Initiative”. Looking back to its hundreds and thousands years’ history makes one feel like step into a flourish forest. Ancient wood and bricks, delicately decorated and carved columns, crowded market and revolving corridors are clearly remembered by the people in Yiwu. YANG has managed to making all these precious moments into Shangri-La Hotel, Yiwu, an urban space full of memories and hopes.
Shangrila-Hotel Yiwu-Chinese Restaurant, Image Courtesy © Ma Xiaochun
- Architects: YANG & ASSOCIATES GROUP
- Project: Shangrila-Hotel Yiwu
- Location: No. 6-8 Futian Road, Yiwu, Zhejiang, China
- Photography: Ma Xiaochun
- Chief Designers: Yang Bangsheng, Chen Anyun, Tian Shuai
- Area: 60000 square-meter
- Opening Date: June 24th, 2017
Tuesday, June 19th, 2018
Article source: DITTEL ARCHITEKTEN GMBH
Munich – The architectural firm DIA – Dittel Architekten has developed an overall interior concept and a new facade design. In addition to a uniform design language, the design itself fulfils the aim, on an area of 300 square metres, of having clear room division and of integrating a variety of different seating areas to ensure high-quality recreation.
Image Courtesy © DITTEL ARCHITEKTEN GMBH
Monday, June 18th, 2018
Article source: Atelier für Sonderaufgaben
The hotel room without walls and roof, which caused international media fury worldwide during the summer of 2016 is set to re-open. Following lengthy negotiations with more than 20 tourism destinations in Switzerland, the Null Stern bed will be showcased in Appenzellerland against the silhouette of the Alpstein mountains. The special feature: this year, the new double room is a suite situated on the Göbsi summit (1,200 metres above sea level) in Gönten (AI), Switzerland. The Swiss conceptual artists Frank and Patrik Riklin and Daniel Charbonnier, co-founders of the brand “Null Stern – the only star is you”, will open the new version of their art installation on Friday, 9th June, 2017 in cooperation with both tourism organisations from Appenzellerland. The “Null Stern” suite with its safe and an analogue television is available for reservations. Negotiations for the next location in 2018 are already ongoing.
Image Courtesy © Null Stern
Wednesday, June 13th, 2018
Article source: LTD Multiplex – 3D visualisation studio
The hotel is located on the island of Phuket in Thailand. It consists of 4 buildings. On the territory there are cafes, restaurants, swimming pools and a children’s water park.
Also in the plans to build a two-storey Vip villa with a sitting area on the roof.
Image Courtesy © LTD Multiplex – 3D visualisation studio
Thursday, June 7th, 2018
Article source: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter AS
Breitenbach Landscape Hotel will have a prominent role linking the hotel activity to the site and local traditions. At the same time, it will gather the best of architecture, design, spa facilities and food culture in the region. It will connect the local character and landscape with new characteristic forms and create a specific architectural expression. The hotel will offer an unusual, comfortable experience in the middle of the French countryside and will answer to the visitors’ desire for quality.
Image Courtesy © TEJO
- Architects: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter AS
- Project: Breitenbach Landscape Hotel
- Location: Breitenbach, France
- Photography: WSBY, Tejo
- Commission Type: Direct Commission (2015)
- Size: 17.000m2
- Total Planning Area: Cabins from 20m2 to 60m2
Thursday, June 7th, 2018
Article source: Ontwerpbureau Reiters
There’s a new funky kid in Maastricht: hotel The Dutch. Although the name suggests otherwise, you’ll find here everything except Delftware, wooden shoes and tulips. At The Dutch, situated in a beautiful mansion, you imagine yourself back in the ‘80s of today. Expect the colors of Miami Vice, the coziness of Full House and the out-of-this-world elements of Alf. Discover a classy mix of rotating disco balls, pink flamingos, pop ups of ‘The Hoff’ and fitness lady Jane Fonda who ‘wants you to take the stairs’. Definitely a place that Madonna then and now would enjoy to the fullest. ‘Let’s hear it for the boys’ of Twin Peaks Hospitality! Besides Hotel Beaumont and restaurant Harry’s owners Jean-Marc and Christophe Beaumont created another outspoken hotel concept with a one of a kind holiday experience in the beautiful city of Maastricht.
Image Courtesy © Guy Houben
- Architects: Ontwerpbureau Reiters
- Project: Hotel The Dutch
- Location: Maastricht, Netherlands
- Technical Interior Design: Talco Intereur & Advies
Thursday, May 24th, 2018
Article source: ALLESWIRDGUT ARCHITEKTUR ZT GMBH
A new type of social business: Caritas and AllesWirdGut have developed a concept that redefines hospitality.
A house for tourists visiting Vienna and for refugees, all under one roof.
A hotel with an unconventional concept and an inspiring history that is operated to professional standards—this is how the most recent project of AllesWirdGut Architects, initiated by magdas, the social business subsidiary of Caritas Austria, can be described, the magdas Hotel in Vienna’s Prater district.
Image Courtesy © AllesWirdGut Architecture / Guilherme Silva Da Rosa
- Architects: ALLESWIRDGUT ARCHITEKTUR ZT GMBH (Johanna Aufner)
- Project: Magdas Hotel
- Location: Laufbergergasse 12, 1020 Vienna
- Photography: AllesWirdGut Architecture / Guilherme Silva Da Rosa
- Client: Caritas Services GmbH
- Collaborators: Andrea Zuniga Espinoza, Simon Höbel
- Specialists / Architectural Engineers: 3: 0 Landscape architecture
- Building Costs: 1.5 million EUR
- Gross Floor Area BGF / GBA: 6,460 m²
- Start of Construction: August 2014
- Completion: February 2015
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
Article source: concrete
The new citizenM in Shoreditch will be the third citizenM in the city of London, situated in the heart of the bustling Shoreditch neighbourhood, a location in London destined to be a perfect fit for the citizenM affordable luxury attitude. The entrance is located on the ground floor, and attracts the attention of pedestrians with a colourful art piece by AVAF which extends the street art look and feel of the Shoreditch area. Guests are guided upstairs to the lobby via the iconic citizenM staircase. citizenM Shoreditch offers 216 rooms stacked on top of the first floor lobby, as well as living rooms, canteenM and a balcony overlooking the vibrant Shoreditch scene. The hotel is located within a two-minute walk from Shoreditch High Street Overground station and opposite the ELLX viaduct, a key feature of the area, which will partly cover the newly developed Holywell Court.
Image Courtesy © Wouter van der sar / concrete
- Architects: concrete
- Project: CitizenM Shoreditch
- Location: Shoreditch, London
- Photography: Richard Powers, Wouter van der sar
- Software used: Vectorworks, sketch up
- Client: citizenM, voorschoten (nl)
- Project Team Concrete: Rob Wagemans, Erikjan Vermeulen, Maarten de Geus, Tom Ruijken, Sofie Ruytenberg, Jurjen van Hulzen
- Master plan Shoreditch conserv. Area: EllisMiller, London, UK
- Executive Architect: Axis, London, UK
- Structural Engineer: Elliot Wood, London, UK
- Structural Engineer Modules: Peter Dann, London, UK
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
Article source: RENESA ARCHITECTURE DESIGN INTERIORS STUDIO
Merging Funk into Details – A Concoction of Design Theories.
The Pink Zebra aka Feast India Co. (FIC) is a take on the bygone British Culture in the city of Cawnpore. With the extravagance of the European Grandeur, not many know how important the city of Cawnpore(now Kanpur) was to the British Corporation of India. The design story initiates the change over time by re-writing an architectural essay through this space amalgamation of old with the quirkiness of Art Nouveau glitz (which can be seen throughout the city)
Image Courtesy © Saurabh Suryan / Lokesh Dang
- Architects: RENESA ARCHITECTURE DESIGN INTERIORS STUDIO
- Project: The Pink Zebra
- Location: Kanpur, India
- Photography: Saurabh Suryan / Lokesh Dang
- Clients: Sagar Bhatia, Jaivardhan Bhatia
- Built Up Area: 4000 sq feet approx (Covered +Terrace Area)
Wednesday, May 16th, 2018
Article source: DITTEL ARCHITEKTEN GMBH
The Hotel Domizil in Tübingen, with a floor area of over 4000 m2, is being comprehensively redesigned and redeveloped by DIA – Dittel Architekten. The focus is on an authentic and modern design concept, as well as restructuring the entrance and restaurant area. While the hotel is in normal operation, its transformation is taking place over several construction stages, and so far, the first rooms were completed in December 2017. All other stages are being planned.
Comfort and modernism work together as a whole, Image Courtesy © Martin Baitinger and Victor Goico
- Architects: DITTEL ARCHITEKTEN GMBH
- Project: Hotel Domizil – Comfort and Modern Design
- Location: Tübingen, Germany
- Photography: Martin Baitinger and Victor Goico