Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, May 24th, 2017
Article source: DREIMETA GmbH & Co. KG
With its dual concept between a hostel and a hotel the Superbude I in Hamburg attracts a broad-range target group. Its location in the centre of the hip district „Schanze“ enables a surprisingly unconventional design.
Our task was to further develop and design the successful concept „Superbude“. This included designing the „Buden“, a colloquial word used for the rooms in this hotel, as well as the public areas such as the lobby, bar and shop etc. The hotel / hostel is in a listed building, once a Deutsche Post switching centre at the turn of the century. For this reason the staircases were restored true to the original.
Image Courtesy © Steve Herud
- Architects: DREIMETA GmbH & Co. KG
- Project: Superbude 2
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Photography: Steve Herud
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Involved: Judy Hänel, Andrea Kraft, Britta Kleweken
- No of rooms: 88 + Suite
- Designed: 2010-12
- Opening: February 2012
Thursday, May 18th, 2017
Article source: Zooco Estudio
The Azul Hotel is located in the seaside village of Suances (Cantabria) next to the Playa de la Cocha and close to Playa de Los Locos.
The project to remodel the Hotel Blue Suances (Cantabria) emerged from the proposal to transform the old gastronomic space dedicated to weddings in a multipurpose room place, where they had different spaces: the café, restaurant and even the halldel hotel.
Image Courtesy © Orlando Gutierrez
- Architects: Zooco Estudio
- Project: Hotel Azul
- Location: Suances, Cantabria
- Photography: Orlando Gutierrez
Thursday, May 18th, 2017
Article source: Dominique Perrault Architecture
The design of the two high-rise towers for the Donau-City in Vienna represents the concluding phase of a development extending over several decades: on what was originally a municipal rubbish tip the UNO-City was erected (1973–1979), tentative plans to hold the 1995 Vienna-Budapest EXPO here were soon abandoned, as a result architects Krischanitz and Neumann (commissioned by WED AG) produced an urban design masterplan for the area in 1992. The outcome is an entirely new urban district with a diverse range of functions.
Image Courtesy © VIENNE DCTOWER
- Architects: Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Project: DC Towers I + II
- Location: Donau-City, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Michael Nagl and VIENNE DCTOWER
- Client: WED (Wiener Entwicklungsgesellschaft für den Donauraum AG)
- Associated architect: Hoffmann & Janz Architectes
- Engineering: Perrault Projets (architectural engineering ), Bollinger & Grohmann, Gmeiner Haferl Zivilingenieure ZT GmbH (structure), Werner Sobek Ingenieure (façades), ZFG – Projekt (fluids), Dr Pfeiler GmbH (Bauphysik), TB Eipeldauer & Partner GmbH (electricity), AXIS Ingenieursleistungen ZT GmbH (VRD), Wacker Ingenieure (wind study)
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
CAZA’s inaugural project in Colombia, La 100 is comprised of a cluster of high-end offices, hotels, and residential buildings in one of the city’s most densely populated areas. Each building is a unique color, playing off the long-held tradition of building with vibrantly pigmented bricks in Colombia. The backside of each building has a series of terraces that look out towards the Cerros mountain range. Throughout this expansive complex of mixed-use towers are a series of parks and public areas that unify the people and activities that occupy this fast-changing Bogota neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © CAZA
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: La 100
- Location: Bogota, Colombia
- Project Team: Carlos Arnaiz, Laura Del Pino
- Status: Concept Design (more…)
Friday, May 5th, 2017
Article source: SEFAR® Architecture
On the northern coast of Columbia lies the port city Cartagena, site of Hotel Charleston. Located within walls designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Hotel Charleston courtyard is now completely covered with a retractable fabric canopy courtesy of SEFAR® Architecture and Uni-Systems, LLC.
Image Courtesy © SEFAR® Architecture
- Architects: SEFAR® Architecture
- Project: TENARA® Fabric Transforms Courtyard at Hotel Charleston
- Location: South Carolina, USA
Friday, April 28th, 2017
Article source: Rintala Eggertsson Architects
The town of Kirkenes, in Northern Norway lies at the intersection of many cultures; here the Sami, Russians, Norwegians and Finns, that is, the Kvens, have long interacted with one another. The borders of the region have changed and formed barriers to many connections. While they appear not to follow any logic, however, sufficient distance from political hubs has allowed the existence of sympathetic, informal grassroots-level interaction centring on everyday life in the Barents Area.
Image Courtesy © Jan Erik Svendsen
- Architects: Rintala Eggertsson Architects
- Project: Hotel Kirkenes
- Location: Kirkenes, North Norway
- Photography: Jan Erik Svendsen
- Owner: Pikene på Broen, Kirkenes
- Construction team:
- Architect: Sami Rintala
- George Lovett, arch.stud., University of Sheffield U.K
- Borghild Hulsvik, arch.stud, Bergen Architect School
- Anne Kathrine Vabø, arch.stud, Bergen Architect School
- Measures: 6 m (length) x 2,5 m (width) x 5 m (height), Floor area 22 m2
- Design and construction: 20.-30.8. 2005
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
Article source: Tate Harmer LLP
Tate Harmer’s design for a new £8.5million hotel at The Eden Project, in Cornwall, has received planning permission. The scheme, set to complete in 2018, will comprise 109- bedrooms, a restaurant and education rooms.
Using locally sourced materials, the hotel will sit sensitively within the Cornish countryside and offer high standards of accessibility, energy-efficiency and sustainability.
Image Courtesy © AVR London
- Architects: Tate Harmer LLP
- Project: New Eden Hotel
- Location: Cornwall, England, UK
- Photography: AVR London
- Client: The Eden Project
- Contractor: TBC
- Interiors: Devon Interiors
- Structural engineer: Airey and Coles
- M&E engineer: Hoare Lea
- Landscape architect: Greysmith Associates
Thursday, April 13th, 2017
Article source: VITALE
With the challenge of renovating the image of the legendary Hotel del Golf in Grao de Castellon and return the splendor and popularity of its origins (1959), Vitale designs a project that enhances the features of its rationalist architecture.
Image Courtesy © VITALE
- Architects: VITALE
- Project: Event Hall, Hotel del Golf
- Location: Grao de Castellón, Spain
- Area: 300 m2
- Year: 2016
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017
Article source: DENU & PARADON architecture
Les Haras de Strasbourg is a hotel and restaurant project unlike any other.
Composed of a the four-star hotel and Michelin 3-starred chef Marc Haeberlin’s first brasserie, Les Haras presents an original solution to the question many provincial cities are facing : how to redevelop and harness the potential of their architectural heritage.
Image Courtesy © Hélène Hilaire
Friday, April 7th, 2017
Article source: CCD / Cheng Chung Design (HK)
As one of the seven ancient capitals in China, Hangzhou has a long history and profound background with picturesque scenery and numerous celebrities. It is known as “paradise on earth” for the fascinating characteristics.
The brand “Diaoyutai”, originated from the ancient Diaoyutai scenic spot outside of Beijing Fuchengmen, which had a history of more than 800 years, is the heritage of Diaoyutai State Guesthouse. Its sites have always been very focused on the accumulation of history and culture. As an esteemed world class hotel brand grounded in Chinese philosophy and aesthetics, Diaoyutai Hotel is designed to create the mansion experience with Chinese spirit and international style.
Image Courtesy © CCD / Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Architects: CCD / Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Project: Diaoyutai Hotel Hangzhou
- Location: No.65, Wuxing Road, Jianggan District, Hangzhou, China
- Designer: Joe Cheng
- Project area: 34,820m2 for Phase I; 19,767 m2 for Phase II
- Design time: 2014.12 – 2015.12
- Construction time: 2015.5 – 2016.8
- Opening time: 2016.11