Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015
Article source: Studio 3LHD
Adriatic is a unique hotel with art providing an unrepeatable ambient in which fantasy and reality interact through artistic interventions and everyday objects. The existing building situated on an attractive site next to the sea was constructed in 1913 as one of the first hotels in the region and is nowadays the only one situated in the urban structure of the city of Rovinj.
Image Courtesy © Studio 3LHD
- Architects: Studio 3LHD
- Project: Hotel Adriatic
- Location: Rovinj, Croatia
- Program: leisure, tourism
- Status: completed
- Project start date: 31.03.2014
- Project end date: 01.06.2015
- Construction start date: 28.01.2015
- Construction end date: 01.07.2015
- Type: commission
- Site (m2): 821
- Size (m2): 1911
- Footprint (m2): 821
- Geolocation: 45°4’54” N, 13°38’4” E (more…)
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015
Article source: baumraum
Stately trees, a beautiful landscape, a good selection of leisure activities, and, if possible, a pre-existing infrastructure – a site that offers all these things is a good candidate for hosting a treehouse hotel. Add a realistic chance of obtaining a building permit, and the auspices for success are very good indeed.
Image Courtesy © Andreas Wenning
- Architects: baumraum
- Project: ‘Baumgeflüster’ Treehouse Hotel
- Location: Bad Zwischenahn, Germany
- Photography: Andreas Wenning
- Interior area: 35,6 qm
- Terrace area: 12,4 qm
- Opening: 2011
- Trees: a oak
- Height: situated in the height of 3.5 m
- Bearing structure: The terrace is suspended from the oak tree by means of stainless steel cables and textile straps; the treehouse’s load rests on 14 asymmetrically arranged and leaning steel supports
- Façade construction: from inside to outside: 20 mm larch boarding, untreated; 100 mm natural Insalation DWD; wind foil; 20 mm air space; 100 mm massive Wood Walls, bias-cut larch battens, horizontal
Sunday, August 23rd, 2015
Article source: Destilat
“The Ritz Carlton Moscow” hotel, located in the centre of Moscow, is one of the city’s top addresses – not least due to its O2 lounge bar on the 12th floor with its approximately 1.100-sq m roof terrace.
Image Courtesy © Destilat
- Architects: Destilat
- Project: Roof terrace of the Ritz Carlton Hotel
- Location: Moscow, Russia
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: NEXT architects
The site is located next to a branch of the Min River. The aim of the master plan is the exploit the proximity of water by connecting to as many buildings as possible.The main master plan concept is symbolised by a hand touching the water, each finger represents a tongue of land reaching towards the river. Perpendicular to the tongue of land, the buildings directly face the water.
Image Courtesy © NEXT architects
- Architects: NEXT architects
- Project: LIANJIANG BUTTERFLY BAY
- Location: Lianjiang, China
- Photography: NEXT architects
- Client: Citychamp Real Estate
- Type / Program / Purpose: 70 Villa’s, Townhouses (85 units), Two apartment towers (180 units), Boutique hotel, (88 rooms), Commerce, Underground parking
- Floor area: 120,000sqm
- Completion: 2015
Saturday, August 8th, 2015
Article source: Constance Guisset
Thinking the hotel as a home.
Bringing everyday comfort to a public place.
Image Courtesy © Constance Guisset
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
Article source: Kichi Architectural Design
This inn is located on Chichi-jima, which is part of the Ogasawara archipelago located in the Pacific Ocean approximately 1000 km south of Tokyo.
Image Courtesy © Ippei Shinzawa
Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Article source: Coleman – Davis Pagán Arquitectos
A Hindu family, long – time Ocean Park residents, took on the task of constructing a thirteen (13) room guesthouse, oriented to the family and group traveling market.
Image Courtesy © Carlos Esteva
- Architects: Coleman – Davis Pagán Arquitectos
- Project: Dream Inn
- Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Photography: Carlos Esteva, José F. Vázquez
- Site area: 300 m2
- Building area: 129 m2
- Total floor area: 418 m2 (more…)
Tuesday, July 28th, 2015
Article source: AGC Design Ltd.
Ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan Hotel, a catchy, colourful icon strategically located in the bustling Sheung Wan, is only within minutes away from many of the transportation networks as well as Hong Kong Central’s business and shopping hub. The Hotel, housed with 550 modern, boldly simplistic guestrooms, a restaurant and a bar, boasts one of the first Asian flagships to showcase a brand new vibrant style, bringing in comfort, well-being and caring service.
The hotel exterior and outlook is eye-catching which stands out in Sheung Wan area where Hong Kong heritage prevails. The hotel exterior is set to be a new landmark and icon in the Sheung Wan district, an interesting streetscape to blend in both modernity and heritage of Hong Kong whilst enlivening Sheung Wan as an up-and-coming tourist area.
Tracing back the story in the 1920s Sheung Wan, the façade design reflects the historical streetscape of Hong Kong: the rectangular tenement houses in repetitive order, collage of huge advertising signage in multi-colours, forming a uniform but dynamic streetscape, A City of Mosaic.
The hotel exterior is set to be a new landmark and icon in the Sheung Wan district, an interesting streetscape to blend in both modernity and heritage of Hong Kong whilst enlivening Sheung Wan as an up-and-coming tourist area. It fully echoes with the Hotel being featured as one of Asian ibis flagships in terms of its hotel scale and benchmark of the hotel branding.
Image Courtesy © AGC Design Ltd.
- Architects: AGC Design Ltd.
- Project: Sheung Wan IBIS Hotel
- Location: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
Article source: EMMA DONNERSBERG
Hotel Royal, located in the heart of Paris, next to the neighborhood of Saint Germain, has beed designed by Emma Donnersberg Interiors and Michel Amar.
Image Courtesy © E DONNERSBERG INTERIORS
Sunday, July 19th, 2015
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, Element Suzhou Science and Technology Town opened its door to welcome international guests. This first Element hotel in Asia Pacific is well integrated into the green surrounding while maintaining its architectural presence.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Element Suzhou Science and Technology
- Location: Town Suzhou, China
- Project Design Director: Yu-chieh Chiang
- Client: Suzhou Science & Technology Town (SSTT)
- Gross floor area: 27,255 sq m
- Completion year: 2015