Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, March 15th, 2017
Article source: HappyANTS Interior Architecture and Design
A low budget renovation for a hotel in Protaras. The concept was color me by Smartline. The hotel is 25 years old and a renovation was due. We changed half of the furniture and refurbished the other half and renovated all of the areas of the hotel. The result is a design highly appreciated by both the people who are working there as well as the guests staying there for its light and happy atmosphere! This project was in collaboration with interior designer Leonidas Leonidou.
Image Courtesy © HappyANTS Interior Architecture and Design
Sunday, March 12th, 2017
Article source: Schauman & Nordgren Architects and Schauman Arkkitehdit Oy
SCHAUMAN & NORDGREN ARCHITECTS and SCHAUMAN ARKKITEHDIT are announced winners of the invited masterplan competition for the transformation of waterfront area of Pargas in Finland. The jury awarded the proposal “Pargas Maritime Limestone Landscape” a first prize
The city of Pargas is developing the area of the existing guest harbour in the southern centre of the city – Malmstrand beach – into an attractive living room for the inhabitants as well as a high class harbour with services. At the end of 2016 the city invited three teams to develop a long term vision for the harbour front. The assignment was to find a logical and natural, but at the same time an innovative solution for how the area could become a functional and aesthetically pleasing environment. Together the functions and activities were supposed to create an inviting entity that strengthens the character of Pargas small scale cityscape, while at the same time emphasizing its maritime identity. The proposals were to introduce a solution for how to the functions, such as a hotel. harbour office, sauna, beach promenades, playgrounds, car parking and beach could be integrated into a coherent and strong entity.
Image Courtesy © Schauman & Nordgren Architects and Schauman Arkkitehdit
Sunday, March 12th, 2017
Article source: slapa oberholz pszczulny I architekten
Design Hotel Hyatt Regency stands at the tip of the harbour basin in Dusseldorf’s Media Harbour, one of the city’s architectural signposts. sop architekten realised its Hafenspitze master plan along Speditionstraße, which includes a pedestrian bridge, two glass towers, a pavilion and a seven-storey office building.
The 65-metre high double high-rise – with the hotel in the east building – expresses a strongly reduced formal language. The timeless, tension-filled architecture springs solely from the form of the buildings’ main bodies and their juxtaposition with one another. As a result, the two parallel high-rise slabs create a virtual cube, which develops a sculptural quality through its various sections and interstitial spaces.
Image Courtesy © B+E Fotografie
- Architects: slapa oberholz pszczulny I architekten
- Project: Design Hotel Hyatt Regency
- Location: Speditionstraße, Media Harbour Dusseldorf, Germany
- Photography: Dejan Saric, B+E Fotografie
- Developer: Projektgesellschaft Hafenspitze mbH & Co. KG
- Project leaders: Daniel Kohlmeyer, Markus Lücker
- Work phase: 1-5 At the behest of JSK Architekten GbR and/or JSK International GmbH, sop architekten (formerly JSK Düsseldorf) performed work phases 1-5 according to HOAI.
- GFA: ca. 60,000 m²
- Completion: 2010
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Elliott + Associates Architects
Built in 1924 by C.F. Meadors and originally the Como Hotel, this historic blond brick flatiron stood vacant and boarded up for 27 years. We have been waiting for 20 years for the opportunity to bring this corner to its full potential. We believe this corner should be the site of an enduring building, a lantern at the east gateway to downtown Oklahoma City.
The project includes the renovation of the two-level flatiron building and the construction of a modern, yet complimentary rooftop addition.
As one leaves downtown the PLICO building acts as a lantern to the city energy, Image Courtesy © Scott McDonald, Gray City Studios
- Architects: Elliott + Associates Architects
- Project: PLICO at the Flatiron
- Location: 126 Harrison Avenue Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
- Photography: Scott McDonald
- Software used: Autocad and SketchUp
- Client: PLICO
- Scope: Renovation of a 1924 flatiron building with approximately 20,000 SF of new and renovated space.
- Completed: 2016
- Awards: 2017 Interior Design “Best of Year” Winner in Office Restoration Renovation category
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Office Winhov
The restoration and transformation for the former Kas Bank building will rejuvenate this national monument converting it into a five-star W hotel. The building, originally designed by F.W.M. Poggenbeek in 1908 was expended in phases until 1932. The building follows the classical typology of bank buildings with vaults on the ground floor and basement, a monumental bank hall on the first floor and offices above. The building is one of the first concrete constructions in the Netherlands and is finished with a sandstone facade.
View from the Spuistraat, Image Courtesy © Stefan Müller
- Architects: Office Winhov
- Project: W Hotel ‘Bank’-building
- Location: Spuistraat 172, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Stefan Müller
- Client: Europe Hotels|Private Collection
- Restauration : Hoek architectuur & restauratie
- Interior design: Baranowitz + Kronenberg
- Sustainability: BREEAM Gold
- Gross floor area : 8.200 m2
- Project: 2013-2015/16
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: sop – slapa oberholz pszczulny I architekten
The new head offices for the world’s largest hotel search engine trivago is starting to take shape in Dusseldorf’s Media Harbour. In order to create a headquarters that could easily cater to an international team of over 60 nationalities, sop architekten designed a global campus to provide the best experience possible for some 2,000 employees.
Comprising two new structures and a large open space, the site lies exposed at the foot of Hafenbecken A (Dock A) on Kesselstrasse. The organically shaped buildings open invitingly to the water and perform a playful, yet balancing role at the intersection of numerous urban lines and edges.
Image Courtesy © formtool
- Architects: sop – slapa oberholz pszczulny I architekten
- Project: Trivago Global Campus
- Location: Kesselstrasse, Dusseldorf Media Harbour, Germany
- Photography: formtool
- Developer: IMMOFINANZ
- Team: Zbigniew Pszczulny, Wolfgang Marcour, Jascha Klusen, Eva Stach, Jana Beermann, Christian Litz, Ismail Tanriverdi, Frank Ostrowski u.a.
- GFA: ca. 30,000 m² above ground
- Work phase: 1-8
- Completion: 2018
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: Caro Communications
Knight Dragon unveils a new £1billion landmark, designed by international architect and engineer Santiago Calatrava, at the heart of its transformation of Greenwich Peninsula.
This major new landmark is set to transform Greenwich Peninsula, London’s emerging cultural district. Residents and visitors to the Peninsula will arrive from the tube into an 80ft high winter garden and glass galleria. The scheme will total 1.4 million sq ft including a new tube and bus station, theatre, cinema and performance venue, bars, shops and a wellbeing hub. Above this will rise three towers of workspaces, apartments and hotels, all connected to the Thames by a stunning new land bridge.
Day, Image Courtesy © Uniform
- Architects: Santiago Calatrava Architect and Engineer
- Project: Peninsula Place
- Location: London, UK
- Executive Architect: Adamson Associates
- Architect PP2: Allies and Morrison
- Structural Engineer of record: Meinhardt
- MEP Engineer: AECOM
- Quantity Surveyor: Alinea
- Hotel Architect: Reardon Smith
- Hotel Advisors: Hamiltons
Friday, March 3rd, 2017
Article source: Grow Arquitectos
This mixed-use project has as integration axis the following areas: commercial, residential, health services and a hotel. We decided to make the 3 levels out of plumb and complement it with an important area of public space, an outdoor park surrounded by terraces and restaurants with different specialties.
Image Courtesy © Grow Arquitectos
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Article source: 3XN
Copenhagen’s Rigshospitalet, Denmark’ s leading hospital, recently inaugurated its new Patient Hotel and Administrative Building, designed by 3XN Architects. 3XN designed the 7,400m2 building as an open, supportive and comfortable environment for patients, as well as an efficient work environment for the hospital’s administrative staff. The Patient Hotel offers 74 rooms on the three lower floors, while administrative offices comprise floors three to six.
Image Courtesy © Adam Mork
- Architects: 3XN
- Project: PATIENT HOTEL
- Location: Juliane Maries Vej 18, DK-2100 Copenhagen
- Photography: Adam Mork
- Client: Rigshospitalet, Region H
- Total Advisor: Aarhus Architects
- Engineer: Grontmij
- Landscape Architects: Kirstine Jensen
- Interior: Rigshospitalet, Region H
- Facade: Facade appears as a horizontal relief clad in the bright natural stone, Jura Gelb.
- Floors: 6 (plus basement)
- Size: 8.000m2 (Basement approximately 1,100 m2)
- Construction Start: January 2014
- Completed: August 2015
- Official opening: August 21, 2015
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Article source: PROD architecture & design
Paço de Vitorino is a manor house located in the north of Portugal that has been in the same family since the mid-16th century. It’s history is marked several relevant events. The most outstanding dates from the mid-18th century when a major intervention occurred according to baroque canons. The resulting structure is characterized by a three stories main house on the east side, two lateral wings on the north and south side and a small chapel along the entrance wall on the west. These elements delineate a central large yard defined by adorned facades.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: PROD architecture & design
- Project: Paço de Vitorino Hotel
- Location: Vitorino das Donas, Ponte de Lima, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects in charge: Paulo and Susana Lago de Carvalho
- Collaborators: Fernando Paiva, Paulo Borlido, Carlos João and Pedro Paiva
- Academic work: Miguel Araújo, Paulo Carvalho, Pedro Ribeiro and Susana Correia
- Engineering: SprenPlan Engenharia, Vaproj and Pcgem
- Landscape Architecture: Marta Malheiro (Piso Térreo Arquitectura Paisagista)
- Decoration: Margarida Lobo Nazareth
- Site total area: 44.000 sqm.
- Total construction area: 1.852 sqm.
- General Contractor: Salvador Fernandes & Filhos Lda.
- Project: June 2010 – May 2014
- Construction: July 2014 – October 2015