Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Article source: 10 DESIGN
10 DESIGN has been selected from 4 international architectural practices in a competition to design China Resources Land’s (CR Land) Hengqin MixC World in Zhuhai, China.
CR Land in cooperation with Macao’s New Fenghong Real Estate Development and China Resources Trust have invested 50 billion yuan to build this premium development. Covering a total GFA of over two million sqm, the joint venture expects the project to begin construction in September 2016. When completed, this project will create approximately 50,000 jobs in Zhuhai and generate nearly 1 billion yuan in tax revenue each year, further promoting the economic growth of Guangdong, Hong Kong, and Macao.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Hengqin MixC World
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: China Resources’ Land
- Design Team: Ted Givens, Design Partner, Miriam Auyeung, Partner and Project Director, Barry Shapiro, Partner
- Competition Team: Joyce Lo, Peby Pratama, Ray Lam, Ewa Koter, Daniel Wang, Xuan He, Yang Wang, Ismael Sanz, Jocelyn Zheng, Mujung Kang, Ruizhao Zhang, Thomas Chan, Dian Feng, Kenton Sin, Ketty Shan, Martin Lai
- Total Site: 665,000 sqm
- Total GFA: 2,330,000 sqm
- Saleable Retail: 270,000sqm
- Office: 1,652,200sqm
- Hotel: 187,800sqm
- National Pavilion: 100,000sqm
- Duty-Free Retail: 100,000sqm
- Expo Centre: 20,000sqm
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE
Tesoro Blu Hotel + Spa, a 4 * category, is the latest venture of modern hotel architecture and design in the Ionian region. It consists of 89 rooms and 4 suites with a total capacity of 200 beds. The hotel is built in the most idyllic part of Kefalonia, on the southeastern tip named “Skala”, on a seaside plot, surrounded by wild, dense slopes.
Image Courtesy © Vaggelis Paterakis
- Architects: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE (Mike Kraounakis), WoArchitects and bdg architects
- Project: Tesoro Blu Hotel + Spa
- Location: Skala Beach/Kefalonia, Greece
- Photography: Vaggelis Paterakis
- Owner: P. Pagoulatos
- Structural Engineering: Antreas Aikaterinis, Antonis Takasis
- Services Engineering: A & G Tzouganatos & Co
- Lighting Design: CPLD Lighting Design
- Landscape Design: Maggie Papadatou
- Site Management: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE
- Plot Area: 23.281,00 m2
- Building Area: 4.642,03 m2
- Design Year: 2007-2009
- Construction Year: 2009-2011
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: v2com
In Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle, the Roissypôle business district offers more than 230,000 m² of offices and 2,200 hotel rooms available by the end of 2014. As air traffic keeps growing and the construction of a fourth terminal was planned, Roissypôle’s development is in full swing. Winner of a March 2011 competition hosted by the Paris Airports, on a 4,102 m² space, Arte Charpentier Architectes has designed two distinct hotels for the ACCOR group: a building housing an IBIS STYLES (308 rooms) hotel on the corner of the Lisbon and New York streets and a building for the prestigious PULLMAN (305 rooms) chain implanted along the la Haye street – that has also been designed according to its angle with the New York street.
Image Courtesy © Christophe Valtin
- Architects: Arte Charpentier Architectes
- Project: Ibis Styles & Pullman Hotels
- Location: Roissy-en-France, France
- Photography: Christophe Valtin
- Operator: AccorHotels
- Owners: Ibis Style & Pullman (AccorHotels)
- Developer: Eiffage Immobilier
- VEFA Buyer: Foncière des Régions (pour l’ensemble du pôle) et Crédit Agricole Assurances (pour l’hôtel Ibis Styles)
- Design Department Structure: Conception service consulting
- Design Department Fluids: CTH
- Construction Company: Eiffage Construction Val de Seine
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Article source: Mackay + Partners
The new 291 bed hotel building designed by Mackay + Partners, for developers Endurance Land & Scottish Widows Investment Partnership (SWIP), will be operated by Motel One and opened pre-Christmas 2014.
The 4 star hotel will support the tourism needs at the edge of the City.
The building has created a new contemporary focus and identity on The Minories that will act as a benchmark for future neighbouring developments.
Image Courtesy © Mackay + Partners
- Architects: Mackay + Partners (Ken Mackay)
- Project: Minories Hotel
- Location: London, England
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Article source: Aedas
Aedas designs for Chinese publishing giant Xinhua Bookstore on Chinese proverb ‘Knowledge brings wealth’
Designed by Aedas, Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group Jiefangbei Book City Mixed-use Project is a dynamic complex that encompasses a sky cultural plaza, retails, apartments, offices and a boutique hotel in the Jiefangbei Central Business District, the heart of downtown Chongqing. Aedas draws design inspiration from an ancient Chinese prose ‘Knowledge brings wealth’ to integrate book with the cultural elements of Chongqing, creating an interactive commercial complex with Xinhua Bookstore sitting at the core of the podium.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group Jiefangbei Book City Mixed-use Project
- Location: Chongqing, China
- Client: Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group, Chongqing Xinhua Media Ltd., Chongqing North Green Industry Co., Ltd.
- Directors: Andy Wen and Keith Griffiths
- Gross floor area: 153,980 square metres
- Completion year: 2020
Friday, September 2nd, 2016
Article source: Architectures David Tajchman
The Gran Mediterraneo is an innovative concept of High-Rise that integrates a public automated car-park, operates as the first induction charging station for public and shared electric driverless vehicles in the city (future ‘sherut’), and mixes programs of vertical living: residential apartments and hotel, bars and restaurants, farming and public gardens, swimming pools and dead sea spas, co-working spaces for offices and start-ups, educational and events spaces. Innovative also with its topological geometry giving a spiral effect to the high-rise, the Gran Mediterraneo breaks with the global and usual stacking of horizontal slabs wrapped with mirrored glass, aiming to renew Tel Aviv skyline with a ‘Unesco proclaimed white city’ specific vertical architecture. To be built with white concrete, using the latest construction and digital technologies, the curvy high-rise is filled with mediterranean and dead sea natures.
Image Courtesy © Architectures David Tajchman
- Architects: Architectures David Tajchman
- Project: Gran Mediterraneo
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
- Design team: Luc izri, David tajchman
- Year: March 2016
- Status: Ongoing
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016
Article source: OOIIO Architecture
We propose to create a frame-building ,despite containing a large amount of built volume, thanks to its peculiar shape, serves to add value to the landscape seen through it, and not interrupt the view.
Image Courtesy © OOIIO Architecture
Friday, August 19th, 2016
Article source: PLASMA Studio
Located on a steep hillside in the Italian Dolomites, this newly-built hotel was developed as a free-flowing topography–indexed and organized by a series of timber strips–and the serial sequence of apartment units perpendicular to it.
Image Courtesy © PLASMA Studio
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: CM Mimarlik
A winery that takes place in Çanakkale’s Eceabat district in Gelibolu… The architectural project belongs to Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership, which is one of the well established architectural offices in Turkey.We commenced our interior architectural project following the start of the construction phase of the building. We had the advantage of working within a relatively good timing, in presence of Dilgün Saklar and Mehmet Emin Çakırkaya from Tekeli-Sisa Office.
Image Courtesy © Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership
- Architectural Design: Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership
- Project: Vinero Winery and Hotel
- Location: Çanakkale, Turkey
- Interior design: CM Mimarlik
- Designer: Cem Sorguç
- Design Team: Cem Sorguç, Elvan Çakıt, Özlem Yılmaz, Gizem Candemir, Deniz Gezgin, Amina Rezoug
- Project Area: 16.000 sqm
- Project Date: 2012 – 2015
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: Kengo Kuma & Associates
Ginzan Onsen is known in the other there is no example in the unique landscape. Kanei hot springs out springing a year, 14 different inn was opened in tandem. But then meet to flood damage in 1913, revived in no time, three-storey with a unique design of the Taisho era, lined up in a unique wooden architecture is a deep valley at the bottom of the four-storey. So too the valley there was no deep land, inn there is no so increase more than 14 different, also the third floor in spite of the wooden, did not get a choice but to pile up to the fourth floor and above. Difficult conditions that are even people who are referred to as “high-rise of the tree” is, to generate an unprecedented unique landscape.
Image Courtesy © Daici Ano
- Architects: Kengo Kuma & Associates
- Project: Ginzan Onsen Fujiya
- Location: Obanazawa, Yamagata, Japan
- Photography: Daici Ano
- Structural engineers: K. Natata & Associates
- Mechanical engineers: P.T. Morimura & Associates, LTD.
- General contractors: Aiwa Construction Co., Ltd.
- Site area: 558.13 m2
- Building area: 366.09 m2
- Total floor area: 927.99 m2
- Construction Period: 2005 April – 2006 July