Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Thursday, July 9th, 2015
Article source: Dastin Hillery
Atelier Urbanus has again taken up a challenging assignment of a premium leisure hospitality development in an extreme topographical site condition in Ubud Bali, Indonesia, leading the role as lead architect, masterplanner, and landscape architect for the autograph boutique hotel of Marriott The Stone.
Image Courtesy © Dastin Hillery
- Architects: Dastin Hillery
- Project: The Stone Ubud
- Location: Ubud – Bali – Indonesia
- Client：Mahkota Propertindo
- Size：6.5 Ha
- Completion date : 2018
Wednesday, July 8th, 2015
Article source: Architects Soini&Horto Ltd
Hotel Indigo Boulevard is located in a historical boulevard in central Helsinki where the surrounding buildings have their origins from the the beginning of the 1800–‐1900s. The task was to transform the former office building into a modern hotel that would fit into the historical environment. The building went through an extensive renovation and only the concrete frame, built in the 60s, was preserved. The old pre–‐fabricated concrete façade was replaced with a new light construction wall. The boulevard facing façade was clad with multidimensional zinc plating. The façade with its new insulaton makes the building very energy–‐ saving, consequently the hotel has been LEED–‐ classified. Finnish design and local craftsmanship was used in hotel. The zinc façade was constructed by a 73–‐ year old local whitesmith Esko Kivi, who has been in the business for 50 years.
Image Courtesy © Anders Portman and Martin Sommerschield
- Architects: Architects Soini&Horto Ltd
- Project: Hotel Indigo Helsinki Boulevard
- Location:Helsinki, Finland
- Photography: Anders Portman and Martin Sommerschield
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Architects in charge: Sami Horto, Teemu Asikainen
- Interior designer: Markus Eskola
- Area: 7730 sqm
- Year: 2015
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: Giuffrida – Bragadin
A successful partnership, the perfect combination that brings together ALIVAR exclusive furniture and the legendary Hard Rock Hotels and Cafes brand, all with the incredible island of Ibiza as the backdrop. In fact, ALIVAR has supplied part of the furnishings for the Presidential Suites and VIP rooms at the brand new Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, the first European Hotel for the renowned Hard Rock hotel chain, in this amazing Spanish place. This is a five-star hotel that is the result of close collaboration between ALIVAR and a high-end Spanish hotel group that manages a large number of hotels around the world.
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015
Article source: 1+1=1 Claudio Silvestrin Giuliana Salmaso architects
The Lux11 Hotel and Residence in Berlin, owned by the Chambers group, is the first completed project by the creative duo 1+1=1 Claudio Silvestrin Giuliana Salmaso architects.
The complex is comprensive of 72 serviced apartments.
Image Courtesy © 1+1=1 Claudio Silvestrin Giuliana Salmaso architects
Friday, June 19th, 2015
Article source: Díaz y Díaz Arquitectos
The project consisted in the refurbishment of the Portocobo hotel located in the town of Santa Cruz de Oleiros (A Coruña). The existing building had an open plan layout sharing the site with two surface parking lots, a large terrace that could be covered, green areas and an outdoor pool with a sun deck. The back of the site had views of the sea. The interior remodel was aimed at better accommodating the existing functions as well as some new ones. The most important objective was to achieve full transparency on the ground floor, since in its original state the reception area blocked views of the sea. To this end, the ground floor was redesigned allowing the enjoyment of the views from the moment one enters the building. The remodel served to organize the interior layout: The rooms were reconfigured and adapted to new regulations. New areas dedicated to businesses such as private dinning rooms, classrooms and meet- ing rooms were created. The restaurant and bar were improved and the kitchen, storage areas and freezer were upgraded. Also, a removable canopy was designed to create a new banquet area for 500 guests. Finally, a spa specializing in thalassotherapy was located on the basement. It includes salt-water pools and spas, massage rooms, saunas, steam rooms and specialized massage rooms.
Image Courtesy © Jordi Pereda
- Architects: Díaz y Díaz Arquitectos (Lucas Díaz Sierra and Gustavo Díaz García)
- Project: Reform and expansion of the Portocobo Hotel
- Location: Santa Cruz. A Coruña, Spain
- Photography: Jordi Pereda
- Area: 5.950 m²
Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
Article source: NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD
A wondrous, sun-dappled chapel
Concept of total excellence
This is a new chapel that opened in a hotel located in the global tourism city of Hiroshima. Focusing on the fact that this chapel’s birth in the lobby area would make it the face of the hotel and convey its brand message, the design concept was to create a distinctive, unrivalled space. Since this chapel faces the hotel’s courtyard, wooden lattice panels were used to create a wondrous, sun-dappled chapel that is integrated with the garden.
Image Courtesy © Nacása & Partners
- Architects: NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD
- Project: ANA CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL HIROSHIMA CHAPEL
- Location: Hiroshima, Japan
- Photography: Nacása & Partners
- Software used: CAD
- Designer: Takashi FUJII
Friday, June 12th, 2015
Article source: John Portman & Associates
The project, designed by architects John Portman & Associates, is composed of a 356-key hotel, a residential towerand support amenities on a 21,174-square-meter site in the Bao’an Central Area business district in the booming Qianhai development zone of Shenzhen, China.The hotel tower is 26 stories tall, yet, at 99-meters tall, rises higher than the 29-story residential tower. There is a total built area of 84,600 square meters above grade.
Image Courtesy © www.willpryce.com
- Architects: John Portman & Associates
- Project: JW Marriott Shenzhen Bao’an and Residences at Haiyi Plaza
- Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Photography: www.willpryce.com
- Software used: Microstation (CAD) and Bentley Architecture (BIM), 3DStudio Max and SketchUp
- Owner/Developer: Shenzhen OCT Hotel Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Local Design Institute: Shenzhen Huasen Architecture & Engineering Design Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Structural Engineer: John Portman & Associates / Huasen Architectural & Engineering Consultants
- Interior Design: HBA (Singapore)
Friday, May 29th, 2015
Article source: Manço Architects
The project was designed as a 35-room boutique hotel to be constructed on the site of an abandoned commercial block that will be redeveloped according to the Urban Regeneration Law.
A strong architectural character reflecting the urban context was aimed so that the building will stand out among the numerous small-mid size city hotels being erected in the vicinity. The plot is located on Dolapdere Avenue that is still predominantly lined with auto repair workshops despite the ongoing gentrification process. Accordingly, façade and interior materials referring to the automotive industry with their shapes, textures and colors were preferred.
Image Courtesy © Manço Architects
- Architects: Manço Architects
- Project: Boutique Hotel in Pangalti
- Location: Pangalti, Turkey
- Software used: AutoCAD LT, SketchUp and V-Ray, Photoshop
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015
Article source: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
The project is the last one which Dushe team (www.shdsd.cn) designed in ECADI.
This fragmented system is frequently used as an interpretation of contemporary cities; the iconic fragment becomes the signature of the city. But the city itself contains abundant resources. The 99% of these fragments are unknown for the public, but the city is also composed of background buildings.
Image Courtesy © Peter
- Architects: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
- Project: The expansion project of Dongjiao State Guest Hotel
- Location: Pudong district, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Peter
- Project Owner: Dongjiao State Guest Hotel, Shanghai Donghu(Group) Co.
- Design Manager: Di Shen (Xian Dai Architectural Design Group Co.), Kege Ling（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Principal Architects: Qilin Zhang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）, Yijia Liu（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Chief Engineer of Architecture: Limin Wang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Building Area: 8,000 square meters
- Site Area: 5,000 square meters
Friday, May 1st, 2015
Article source: AGI architects
Forepeak Hotel Complex & Ship Workshop will be a beacon on the Qatari seafront. Ideally located near Ras Abo Abbud Expressway it is easily accessible by road, and can be easily seen by passers by making it an iconic symbol on the Qatari waterfront.
Image Courtesy © AGI architects
- Architects: AGI architects
- Project: Forepeak
- Location: Qatar
- Design Team: Joaquín Pérez-Goicoechea, Nasser B. Abulhasan
- Architects colaborators: Justo Ruiz, Cristina Ruiz, Pedro Moreno, Ana Palencia, Fernando Miñarro, Nicolas Martin, Aisha Alsager, Hessa Albader
- Date: 2015
- Client: PEO