Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Saturday, June 21st, 2014
Article source: ADP architecten
The art’otel Amsterdam recently opened its doors, this hotel and lifestyle venue blends design, art, and hospitality in a startling new way. Located opposite Amsterdam’s Central Station in a beautiful monumental office the art’otel combines a unique architectural style with modern art inspired interiors. The transformation was the result of a collaboration of ADP architecten and Digital Space for PPHE Hotel Group and provided the city centre with a new cultural hotspot.
Image Courtesy © Gerard van Beek
- Architects: ADP architecten
- Project: Art’otel
- Location: Prins Hendrikkade 33, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Gerard van Beek
- Client: PPHE Hotel Group
- Project team: Wim Woensdregt, Erikjan Cuperus
- Interior architect: Digital Space
- Area: 6.500 m²
- Realized: 2013
Saturday, June 14th, 2014
Article source: A-cero
This exclusive hotel, located among sandy beaches and clear turquoise waters of Thailand’s Natai Beach, Phuket, is a luxurious place conceived with relaxation in mind amongst rich design.
Its shell-like exterior is tucked away into a lush waterfront prime setting.
Image Courtesy © A-cero
- Architects: A-cero
- Project: Iniala Beach Project
- Location: Phuket, Thailand
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014
Article source: Real Studios
Tipped by Forbes’ magazine as one of the 20 most hotly anticipated hotel openings, Mahali Mzuri, Real Studios’ stylish Kenya Safari Camp for Virgin Limited Editions, is ready for visitors.
Real Studios co-director Yvonne Golds has brought the last word in contemporary chic to this ultimate safari camp experience, creating a vivid sense of place through the strategic use of vibrant local prints, materials and craft skills, while offering every creature comfort guests could wish for.
Image Courtesy © Real Studios
- Architects: Real Studios
- Project: Mahali Mzuri
- Location: Kenya
Friday, May 30th, 2014
Article source: Jordi Herrero Campo Arquitecto
Can Pastilla is a tourist area of Palma de Mallorca located bayfront .
It is a quiet area with excellent sea views and a long walk with lots of activity.
In this area coexist houses and medium-sized hotels .
Image Courtesy © Jordi Herrero Campo Arquitecto
- Architects: Jordi Herrero Campo Arquitecto
- Project: Spa at the Hotel Marina Luz
- Location: Balearic Islands, Spain
- Photography: Jordi Herrero Campo Arquitecto, Uschi Burger-Precht
- Project: 2013
- Execution: 2014
- Built area: 110 m2
- Use: Gym, spa and massage.
- Property Developer: Marina Hotels
Saturday, May 24th, 2014
Article source: Ben Adams Architects
Ben Adams Architects announces that construction has started on Nobu’s first European Hotel, the Nobu Hotel Shoreditch in London. Expected to complete in early 2016, the 156-room hotel will be located at 10-50 Willow Street in Shoreditch and, as with all Nobu properties, the design will reflect the immediate context.
Image Courtesy © Ben Adams Architects
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten has been named the winner of the invited competition for Volt Berlin, a new concept for a location for shopping and urban experience near Berlin’s Alexanderplatz. The experience cluster is a fusion concept combining a multi-brand store, various experiential offerings, events, and a hotel, and is directed towards adventurous visitors with a focus on a smart urban lifestyle.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
- Project: VOLT Berlin
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino, Maya.
- Competition Team: Christoph Emenlauer, Simon Kassner, Bart van den Hoven, Mehrdad Mashaie, Mael Kang, Paul Angelier, Julien Sarale
- Client: TKN Real Estate Solutions AG in cooperationwith Jochen Schweizer Projects AG
- Fire Security Consultant: KLW Ingenieure GmbH
- Structural Engineer: Knippers Helbig GmbH
- Building Service Engineer: Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
- CostPlanning: Jablonka Sieber Partner Architekten
- Engineering Consultant, Escalatorsand Elevators: Lüsebrink Ingenieure VBI
- Total Floor Area: approx. 29.500 m2
- Retail Space: approx. 13.000 m2
- Gastronomy: approx. 2.000 m2
- Hotel: approx. 7.500 m2
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: Alonso y Balaguer
The building of Heribert Salas’ (1926 – 2011) house in Via Laietana 49, Barcelona in 1926 could never be considered a finished project and the clash of what was then considered a modern building within the weave of Ciutat Vella left wounds that have taken over 80
years to heal.
Image Courtesy © Josep Mª Molinos / Marco Pastori
- Architects: Alonso y Balaguer
- Project: HOTEL OHLA *****
- Location: Via Laietana nº49, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Josep Mª Molinos / Marco Pastori
- Project Manager: Daniel Isern
- Developer: Cent Claus, S.L.
- Work involved: Basic project, executive project and site management
- Completion time: 2008-2011
- Surface area: 6,400 m2
- Constructor: Lluis Pares, S.L.
- Quantity Surveyors: Tecnics G3, S.L. (Manoli Vila, Javier Chávez, Victor Forteza)
- Structural Engineering: NOLAC
- Installation Engineering: PGI
- Sculptural work on façade: Frederic Amat
- Illumination: Artec3 Lighting Design
Wednesday, April 30th, 2014
Article source: enigmaglas ltd
You can realize your most extreme dreams in space creation with implementing uniquely designed glass surfaces made with enigmaglas technology.
The airy, rustic, illuminating, even 3D glass walls and wall covers reevaluate the feel of existing buildings and interiors. The wide spectrum of glass surfaces used in interior design is manufactured by enigmaglas Ltd.
Image Courtesy © enigmaglas ltd
- Architects: enigmaglas ltd (szandra szentgyörgyi)
- Project: Buddha bar hotel
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Article source: Tekla
This model was done as a course project at Aalto University School of Engineering. The students were taught how to use a building information model, and the model was used for demonstration.
The hotel is six storeys high with an impressive, almost 20 meter long ledge. The foundation and frame structure were modeled with Tekla Structures.
- Designer and Student: Jesse Pulli
- Project: Hotel Katajanokka
- Location: Aalto University, Finland
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Article source: Techne Architects
The Prahran Hotel is a substantial two storey corner pub with a striking streamlined art deco facade. The rear of the venue had a poorly proportioned, internalised single storey extension and the clients brief for the project called to demolish and replace it with a dramatic double height space with a central courtyard.
Image Courtesy © Peter Clarke Photography
- Architects: Techne Architects
- Project: Prahran Hotel
- Location: 82 High Street, Windsor VIC 3181
- Photography: Peter Clarke Photography
- Project completion date: May 2013
- Project type: Hospitality (Pub)
- Project address: 82 High Street, Windsor VIC 3181
- Owner’s/Client name: Sand Hill Road
- Project Team: Justin Northrop (Project/Design Director), Steve McKeag (Project Architect), Alex Lake (Architect), Melita Kei (Draftsperson), Francois Claassens (Draftsperson), Bianca Baldi (Interior Designer)
- Project Size: 550m²
- Project Cost: Undisclosed
- Builder: Visual Builders
- Structural Engineer: Parkhill Freeman